Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Ivan

Arcane
no way that install size is final....

Elden Ring Minimum Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Elden Ring Recommended Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 12 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB

polo

Magister
I think free disk space means space for downloaded setup files and game files. So final size would be around half.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I remember a similar issue about Rome Total War Remastered, where the projected size was something ridiculous like 80gb and it turned out to be around half that.
Wasn't that due to 2/3 of the total file size being an optional 4K texture pack?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
You guys don't understand.

It's 120GB of uncompressed, dubbed George RR Martin drivel!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Listen... if the poise is fixed and the gameplay is solid, who am I to complain about 150 Gb of pure delight. I'll wipe out almost everything else for that kind of treat.

My only question is: is that the final weight, or does it increase? Because I know my hardware can handle the size, but I'm not sure about my heart.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I remember a similar issue about Rome Total War Remastered, where the projected size was something ridiculous like 80gb and it turned out to be around half that.
Wasn't that due to 2/3 of the total file size being an optional 4K texture pack?
Maybe? I didn't see or know about a 4k texture pack, so that could be the case.

Puukko

Arcane
So far I've always taken size requirements to mean the final size, so you will need more than that to install it. Stalker 2 is also listed at 150gb. I don't particularly mind large games - the higher quality the assets, the better for preservation.

Then again, what's the source?

A little birdie told me those are literally RDR2's requirements, lol.

Last edited:

fork

I wonder when we'll get to see some actual unedited gameplay. If this game is just Dark Souls 4 it's going to suck.

Well, it looks like Dark Souls 3 + mounts, including jumppads for the horse (lel), because they couldn't be arsed to coordinate the gameplay and mapping departments. Everything shown so far looks like shit. But the fanboys will once again gobble it up.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like I'm doing the ol' trick of buying a console, buying the game used, keeping it for 29 days and returning both on the 30th. I'm not getting stuck with another Bloodborne machine.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like I'm doing the ol' trick of buying a console, buying the game used, keeping it for 29 days and returning both on the 30th.
That's something you can do in the US?
Yeah and if you get it from a Costco you can even return it five years later with or without a receipt, I'd recommend keeping the receipt so you get the full $500 back instead of whatever price it's going for at time of return. They say 90 days on electronics but I've never had a problem with anything.
Check out this thread of people returning piss stained mattresses and stuff https://old.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/4b0yf8/for_costco_employees_whats_the_most_outrageous/
Oh my god the fucking audacity of some members is just so- are you not embarrassed to return that?
Someone bought a ribeye bone in cryovac around 200 dollars during the holidays and returned a cooked container of bones and fat.
Yes, they were completely reimbursed for returning literally .13 cents worth of fat and bones.
Lmao, major eye roll.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
No new trailer, but some game medias have been invited to watch a 15-minute gameplay footage and wrote articles about it.
Apparently this game has a quest compass. Literally. I wish I was kidding.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

This is some good stuff
E9xp1Y1UUAAGpLz

fork

No new trailer, but some game medias have been invited to watch a 15-minute gameplay footage and wrote articles about it.
Apparently this game has a quest compass. Literally. I wish I was kidding.

Not surprised if true.
FromSoft has been going downhill for years now.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fextralife saw it, now talking about it on strem.

Apparently it's p. much DS3 in an open world with more bosses and other stuff, also with jump, stealth and Sekiro-like posture mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom