Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Cunt Dickula!?

Innuendo that clerics and albs reunited?

BruceVC

Magister
Well, there isn't any difference between the burst mode in plasma rifles which already exists in ELEX and actual assault rifles imo. It would just be a reskin.
You could balance the damage of the assault rifle of course which would make them ridicously weak (as effective as a bow).
That's kinda stupid, but in ELEX 1 you already have the same problem with plasma rifles at the moment.
Right.

I never played with guns in ELEX, just assumed that given the combat system, it made no sense from a gameplay point of view for there to be high rate-of-fire automatic guns. I guess PB shit the bed on that one.

It's because I feel ranged weapons kill the challenge in PB games that I never play them with such weapons, except as utility / occasional support gear. Dodging and timing attacks always seemed central to their design, which makes melee much more fun IMO. It's been like that since Gothic 1.
I played with the elex overhaul, the auto weapon problem can be solved with some tweaks to enemy behavior and the stun thing. Auto weapon with high rate of fire have very low stopping power, and enemies can easily counter by charging or shooting. Low rate of fire means more stopping power, and it should play the stagger animation more. The spread and accuracy could also be tweaked so burst fire can only be effective at certain distance. It's not perfect, for RPG, especially with melee as a big part of the combat. You'd just have the same problems bethesda style fallout have and the other shooting RPGs have.

But considering PB never have carefully balanced ranged combat, i don't expect they will put extra care in balancing guns
Great post and once again you have made a constructive post about ELEX where you provide a workable solution to a valid " design mechanic problem "

I am all about solutions to games I love to fix these types of problems which is why I use Mods in most Bethesda games. So thanks for suggesting the ELEX Overhaul :salute:

cruel

Cipher
I finally realized why Piranha didn't want to finish Elex II this year. The answer is easy: they didn't want such an easy way to get GotY awards. There is almost no competition this year, and it's not impressive at all to win against RE Village, Deathloop or some other crap. They delayed to 2022 on purpose, so they can grab 2022 GOTY award in all the glory, beating Elden Ring, God of War or new Zelda in the process.

Wunderbar

Arcane

oSWwRHw.png

zapotec

Liturgist
They should have put some toilet paper considering it's one of the most precious things you can find in the first game while exploring

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am afraid releasing it so close to elden ring is gonna hurt this game. Greedfall got some success cos it released on the time where they're no new RPG coming out.

BruceVC

Magister
I am afraid releasing it so close to elden ring is gonna hurt this game. Greedfall got some success cos it released on the time where they're no new RPG coming out.
You dont think these exciting RPG are fundamentally different meaning they will have different groups of fans who will buy one or the other first?

Elder seems to be more a Dark Souls gaming experience but ELEX 2 is open world, sandbox PB RPG?

I will play both but definitely ELEX 2 first

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You dont think these exciting RPG are fundamentally different meaning they will have different groups of fans who will buy one or the other first?

Elder seems to be more a Dark Souls gaming experience but ELEX 2 is open world, sandbox PB RPG?

I think some parts of the fambase do overlap (like me for example, though, i will prioritize Elex over ER if it comes out within the span of 2 month or less

JDR13

Arcane
You're announcing a release date based on that? I would have waited for something a little more official. We've already seen at least 3 different dates at this pont.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I think some parts of the fambase do overlap (like me for example, though, i will prioritize Elex over ER if it comes out within the span of 2 month or less
Nah, gonna be fine.

ADL

Prophet
The fuck is this release date? Going up against Elden Ring can't be good. Also can't find collectors edition MSRP even though Amazon tends to sell THQ Nordic CEs
$149

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://thqnordic.com/article/time-book-your-spring-break-elex-ii-releasing-march-1st-2022

Time To Book Your Spring Break: ELEX II Releasing March 1st, 2022

Essen, Germany / Vienna, Austria - November 10th, 2021: Magalan is in dire need of a hero: The factions are inches away from starting an open war and the world is still haunted by monsters of all different kinds. A new force is rising, threatening to change the face of the planet forever. It's about time for you to return to Magalan, put on Jax's boots, and kick some ass. The survival of mankind depends on it. ELEX II, the science-fantasy RPG by Piranha Bytes, will release on the 1st of March 2022 for PC and consoles.

ELEX II will feature a special Collector's Edition, including:
  • A 9.2-inch Alb Figurine
  • The original soundtrack
  • The official artbook
  • A 2-inch "Cleric Amulett" key chain
  • A Steelbook
  • A concept album by Björn Pankratz, "Cassandra"
  • and, of course, the game itself
The ELEX II Collector's Edition will release at an SRP of $ 149.99 / € 149.99 / £ 139.99.

Watch the Collector's Edition Trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/tFqf48Jn8H0

ELEX II will release on March 1st, 2022 for PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One™, and the Xbox Series S/X™. ELEX II can be wishlisted now on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/900040

Follow ELEX II on social media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Elex_Game
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elexgame
Discord: https://discord.com/invite/elex

RapineDel

Augur
I'm genuinely pumped to play this but guys, your publisher is letting you down releasing a week out from Elden Ring.

One part of me just wants it sooner rather than later but I wish PB all the success they can get, at least push it out until April so it can soak up everyone's attention.

ADL

Prophet
April would've been perfect because there's no way in hell STALKER 2 doesn't get delayed. That release date gives me flashbacks to Titanfall 2, another great game that got fucked by its release date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom