Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah is nice to feel edgy. You is right.

Last of Us might not be a great RPG but it's a good game. The world design in that game is definitely one of the things they got right.

Now, retards like you cannot into reason. Stay edgy.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sure. The game's not ready for release yet. That's not a crime last I checked.

I did not say that it's a crime but they did promise to show a "vertical slice" of the game.

My only complain is that they should have released a proper trailer/footage instead of another "leak" which looks awful. First impression still matters.

But whatever ... maybe they will actually release something before gamescon is done.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering Risen went to shit after the first game I have no hope.

imweasel

It has potential. Make it like Risen 1 and I'll buy it.

But we all know that won't happen. They are still trying to make their games appeal to the mentally impaired Bethestard fanbase. And with each iteration they get a little bit closer.

Caconym

Savant
2UXpUgV.jpg

j6jdVpJ.jpg

3TWH2Tc.jpg

gvhOokj.png

5GRSwm8.jpg

sk4r7Gs.jpg

6Y3wv5i.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
i want

to

believe

:negative:

So do I. But every other retard is capable of dishing out beautiful locations, these days. It's the gameplay I'm seriously worried about.

Specifically, will it have even the tiniest shard of "Gothic" feel to it? Or will it just be "risen3 + postapoc-fantasy crossover world"?

Hope, there is none.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The locations and monsters look great, but the robot and the suit not so much. The robot looks animu and the suit Mass Effect'ish.

Renevent

Cipher
Based on the other screens/weapon art/etc...it doesn't appear animu at all.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I'll be honest with you men, I love the sight of all those transformer towers, even if they can't possibly be more than just big props. But they just fit so well.

oh for fuck's sake

:hype:

(and yet it will probably suck anyway)

Doktor Best

Arcane
If theres one thing that gives me hope then its the change of the publisher. Its rumored that Deep Silver was pretty restrictive with their specifications and kinda forced the AAA Bullshit like quest compass and finishing moves etc on PB. Maybe Nordic Games gives them more freedom?

Still they have to improve on various segments like writing etc though.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think Deep Silver was responsible for trying to push Risen onto consoles, despite the fact that every iteration of Risen on consoles failed miserably. Even game journo sites make fun of the latest ArcaniA and Risen 3 PS4 ports as the 'least asked-for ports ever'. You just gotta ask PB or Deep Silver why they would even bother, on top of the PC audience being their original (and more profitable) fanbase.
ELEX is seeing a console release too, so I'm not getting my hopes up. If Risen 3 is what PB considers 'going back to the roots', then PB is fucking dead, and no publisher or Kickstarter can save their remains. If ELEX turns out to be shit even if Deep Silver is not involved, it's time to stop bothering.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Based on the other screens/weapon art/etc...it doesn't appear animu at all.
I think the root look anime and doesn't really fit in the art direction. But it's green no green so it might look different yin broad daylight.

Did we have that already:

There will be 4 factions (albs, clerics, berserkers, bandits).
  • Albs are technologically advanced, plasma weapon wielding ELEX users.
  • Berserkers are technologically in the middle ages.
  • Bandits get their advanced technology by stealing and makeshift improvisations.
  • Clerics don't use ELEX and are more about purity and authenticity(?) of their bodies.
Albs are the ones with the jetpack suit. ELEX will grant the user magic like abilities. The combat system will be all new and not like Gothic or Risen.

Having the albs being both technologically most advanced and also ELEX magic wielding is a bit op. And of course against the traditional magic / science dichotomy.

Last edited:
you piranha bytes fags never change do you? was gothic3,risen2, risen3 not shitty enough for you? this studio is fucking done and haven't released anything worthwhile since August 2003 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom