Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Thane Solus

Arcane
sorry, but thats too cheap, i expect at least 200$ per ship.

:troll:

Looks good:D

some days ago i read only a bunch (like 15-20, can't remember exactly) of star systems are completed and ready to be used.
the same beta i briefly tried the last month felt barely like an early alpha.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
There's 50-60 star systems in the current beta :M

And they're planning to procedurally generate most of them anyway. # of stars is not an issue. # of ship types, station types, mission types and how supercruise works are their main obstacles right now

Last edited:
So I finally got some quality time with the game today. Did some trading, got up to ~3k credits, then went out on a run with a full hold (fish I want to say)...

For some reason I decided to go really fast through the opening of a space station and crashed into someone on their way out. All gone. Still, a lot of fun, although I wasted a lot of time - I just filled up my hold and then went to random stations to sell it instead of using the trade map.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I once wrecked a Lakon-9 with 450 tons of gold in it by derping into it while it was exiting the station. My ship (barely) survived :troll:

So anyway, let's talk about poor traderoutes. Is there anything that keeps track of prices or whatever so you can plan it? Websites and the like? I'm trying for a three/four system cycle that's fairly profitable until I can upgrade my cargo hold.

Also, let's talk about this damn game more, damnit. I'm tired of checking this thread and seeing 0 new posts.

The Fish

Arcane
So anyway, let's talk about poor traderoutes. Is there anything that keeps track of prices or whatever so you can plan it? Websites and the like? I'm trying for a three/four system cycle that's fairly profitable until I can upgrade my cargo hold.

Also, let's talk about this damn game more, damnit. I'm tired of checking this thread and seeing 0 new posts.

Do you mean something like these?

http://elitebpc.com/ED/Default.aspx

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Beta 2 also provides much greater variety for modifying all types of ship. There are different Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks. You also are given much more information on upgrades to inform your choices. PRO-TIP: shields and drives are tuned for particular hull masses.

Ships and their systems are subject to gradual wear and tear in Beta 2 – the extent of this of course depends on how careful a pilot you are!

There are new Dumbfire Missile racks, Plasma Accelerators and Cannon. Oh – and the mine launcher first seen in the Beta 1 video has now been added - plus mines, too!
Whilst we are on the subject of weapons, there is a new class of non-lethal missile-deployed weapon in Beta 2 called a ‘cargo hatch disruptor’. If your target’s shields are down and you fire one of these, it will attach to the target and use targeted ECM to cause their cargo hatch to open. Cargo will then spill out involuntarily. Think of it as a means to fill your piratical boots with a slightly clearer conscience – the disruptor doesn’t explode so your victim lives to fight another day, and you get a correspondingly smaller bounty on your head.
:bounce:

Beta 2 also provides much greater variety for modifying all types of ship. There are different Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks. You also are given much more information on upgrades to inform your choices. PRO-TIP: shields and drives are tuned for particular hull masses.

Ships and their systems are subject to gradual wear and tear in Beta 2 – the extent of this of course depends on how careful a pilot you are!

There are new Dumbfire Missile racks, Plasma Accelerators and Cannon. Oh – and the mine launcher first seen in the Beta 1 video has now been added - plus mines, too!
Whilst we are on the subject of weapons, there is a new class of non-lethal missile-deployed weapon in Beta 2 called a ‘cargo hatch disruptor’. If your target’s shields are down and you fire one of these, it will attach to the target and use targeted ECM to cause their cargo hatch to open. Cargo will then spill out involuntarily. Think of it as a means to fill your piratical boots with a slightly clearer conscience – the disruptor doesn’t explode so your victim lives to fight another day, and you get a correspondingly smaller bounty on your head.
:bounce:
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

When is it being rolled out? Also link you son of a bitch.

So: Update will roll out September 30.

In Beta 2 all pilots have a visible combat rating, so now you can start to work your way up to ‘Elite’!

As well as a rank, in Beta 2 you have reputations. Your reputation is tracked within each system and separately against the galactic power blocs involved in that system. Reputation can be positive and negative, and affects the pricing of services offered to you in stations or outposts controlled by the Federation, Empire or Independent Alliance.

Beta 2 also allows you to start to discover and explore new star systems and planets and even to sell the data on them.

We have now added a detailed system map for each star system – this is populated for known systems, and the map is also the repository for distributing new exploration data as it comes in from those intrepid people pushing out the frontiers of human space.
The system maps are also the visible in-cockpit tip-of-the-iceberg of what has been a big step forward in the detail of the science used to model the creation of planetary bodies, their compositions, atmospheres – even life – within star systems and the systems used to determine their economies, placement of starports etc. This work has in turn allowed us to open up around 500 star systems in Beta 2. The familiar 55 Beta 1 systems are still all there, with an additional approximately 100 light year push out to the frontier and beyond in the direction of unexplored space – after all, you need things to discover!

Another potential winner from the Lakon shipyards has been added, the Asp Explorer. The Asp Explorer is very versatile and its design parameters and layout can accommodate modules that make it a perfect ‘grand tourer’ for your voyages of exploration.

There are new Dumbfire Missile racks, Plasma Accelerators and Cannon. Oh – and the mine launcher first seen in the Beta 1 video has now been added - plus mines, too! Whilst we are on the subject of weapons, there is a new class of non-lethal missile-deployed weapon in Beta 2 called a ‘cargo hatch disruptor’. If your target’s shields are down and you fire one of these, it will attach to the target and use targeted ECM to cause their cargo hatch to open. Cargo will then spill out involuntarily. Think of it as a means to fill your piratical boots with a slightly clearer conscience – the disruptor doesn’t explode so your victim lives to fight another day, and you get a correspondingly smaller bounty on your head.

Outposts, the exposed, isolated galactic equivalents of the run-down roadside café, the remote research base, the windswept motel that we described [in newsletter 37], are to be found in the more off-the-beaten-track places of Beta 2.

And for Crispy...

Those of you who have the appropriate hardware will be pleased to know that SLI/Crossfire support in Beta 2 will allow those with suitable high-end rigs to play in 4K ultra-high definition. Never ones to waste the opportunity for another gratuitous 4K screenshot, here goes…:

Last edited:
So I spent all my free time today trading, building up some dough to upgrade my ship (goal was to get a hauler by tomorrow), and then my game froze entering hyperspace. Had to force it close, and now it won't load.

I think all that time spent is gone. :( Probably going to have to clear the save and start over.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My browser is opened in the pre-order page, and my mouse is over the checkout button. Just reassure me guys, this game worth the purchase, doesn't it?

So I spent all my free time today trading, building up some dough to upgrade my ship (goal was to get a hauler by tomorrow), and then my game froze entering hyperspace. Had to force it close, and now it won't load.

I think all that time spent is gone. :( Probably going to have to clear the save and start over.
So I guess this is fairly common, and no harm no foul. Didn't have to wipe (loaded fine a little later), and now I found a sweet, secret trade run that's turning me 5k profit a pop (for a little sidewinder without a ton of capital that's pretty sweet for a back and forth). Should be able to afford my hauler shortly and start making some real dough.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm tempted to grind a shitload of moolah running gold in my Lakon-9. But I'm worried we'll either have a cash reset or beta 2 won't bring multiple ship hangars with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom