Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae
Courtier

some in-game screenshots of me changing the Gargoyle enemy's Armor Class by 1 point.

ELMI-GOTHIC-WINDOWS-PC-ORIGINAL-ARMOR-CLASS-FOR-ENEMY_zpsub04xvak.jpg

- pictured ABOVE is a screen-cap of the Gargoyle's bestiary entry in an unmodified game. he has -1 ac.

ELMI-GOTHIC-WINDOWS-PC-MODIFIED-ARMOR-CLASS-VALUE-DISPLAYED-IN-THE-GAME_zpsyercqsnf.jpg

- obviously, as you can see, now he has -2 ac. Weeeee!

absolutely everything, every value in that photo, can be changed. they're just numbers!

Obviously this is just to prove it can be tweaked and that the game will launch without problems.... i'm not saying my goal is to make all enemies unbeatable hah.

EDIT: oh, obviously i also fooled around with the EP and the STR attribute values to make sure shit changed in-game.

Courtier

Prophet
Remember you can change the ''it's your character's turn'' sound to anything or make it silent if you set it to 0 (also can change enemy sound seperately) so you don't have to hear the constant pinging in combat

You could fix that -92 AC Belial, those guys are worse than the final tower boss. Actually if you have the Jap wiki bookmarked just pull up the 3ds monster/item/etc sections and compare for changes

Reading about your exploits is such a treat dude. I told you before, I think there is no English speaking forum with people that love these games as much as this place. Elminage is my waifu

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Remember you can change the ''it's your character's turn'' sound to anything or make it silent if you set it to 0 (also can change enemy sound seperately) so you don't have to hear the constant pinging in combat

You could fix that -92 AC Belial, those guys are worse than the final tower boss. Actually if you have the Jap wiki bookmarked just pull up the 3ds monster/item/etc sections and compare for changes

Reading about your exploits is such a treat dude. I told you before, I think there is no English speaking forum with people that love these games as much as this place. Elminage is my waifu

lol yeah the first time I saw them I was wtf, same with the star gazer group.
have you seen them aweigh ?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Yep, I've seen them. Changing their AC is absolutely doable. What I want to do is change enemy stats to the 3DS remake ones but am having trouble finding the specific numbers/changes.

the japanese wiki for Gothic has a dedicated listing of the changes for the 3DS remake but it does not go into actual specific information such as enemy stats.

Basically I need to know what the stats are going to be changed to before I go and change them. The japanese Wiki doesn't have a page with enemy stats (that I know of).

Btw, last night for laughs I changed every game enemy's AC to double their value (or rather, half, since it's a negative value) and boy oh boy did that make a difference. SWEET FUCK. Had to remove the modified file after trying it out as every random encounter was an exercise in frustration. Shit was fucking ridiculous.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae
Siveon
Dorateen
Celerity
GhopTheConqueror
Shackleton
Courtier
Crooked Bee
Viata
Zetor
Deuce Traveler
Mustawd
Jaesun
BlackGoat
agris
Infinitron

A FEW QUESTIONS REGARDING THE GAME'S EX-SKILLS:

what's the point of abilities like Absolute Barrier which shut down an entire turn? Your spells/SP do not get spent during that turn so I don't see how it benefits the enemy.

the only thing that comes to mind is that the enemy (or player, as Lords can pick a class-specific Ex-Skill that does the exact same thing) still gets to receive HP turn recovery if they have it with the assurance of not receiving damage.

still, it's not really a big deal. if you could reach really high HP recovery with party members via crafting then yeah, i can see a Lord's Barrier ex-Skill coming in real handy but once your chars pass 500 hp there is literally no Ore you will find, realistically speaking, which will let you craft enough HP recovery to make that tactic viable/worthwhile.

thoughts people?

A RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM COUTIER WHO POINTED SOMETHING OUT TO ME REGARDING A THIEF'S FAST LEVEL PROGRESSION THAT I HAD NEVER BEFORE CONSIDERED:

Absolute barrier would be useful if certain skills had X turn-limits, otherwise I don't see a use for it either except for poison/regen

Good party, what I did was throw my level 150something Alchemist on the bench to still be able to forge with a good boost and replaced him with a Summoner that cycled through all schools

Righto about thief levels & disarm, though empty enemy inventory still jacks up half the point of having one and they'll always be weaker than a Ninja. Big pro though is that because of high level your thief will have good hide rolls and be able to surprise attack many times in a row

Classes
-Brawler in Original is simply OP, here they are still very good and one (that monster adventurer chick) was a linchpin of my party with low AC to tank and crazy disabling combos (innate stat affliction helped a lot). You can catch monsters for the Summoner with a low level brawler, just disable it with petrify or something you don't want to do a lot of damage anyway. All you need is one 4-hit combo+successful roll
-My original party had a Servant/Herbalist, they are the best healers and if you cycle one through all spellschools a perfect utility character, only problem is there are so many other must-have classes I can't really justify keeping one other than for switching out if you are having a really tough time
-Shaman is good, I had one in Original and the wall+hunter tier bow combo works pretty well, too bad there is only like one good seal though. They're like an antimagic Bard

Skills
Avenge - sounds useless, usually if somebody dies chances are they're not the only one and I'll reload anyway
Songs - I dunno Protection might be useful if it provides a flat damage reduction? Song of Hope to replace a Herbalist?
Imitate - Never used it, you'll need to use your hax to level a character and test it out on tower enemies
High Magic Source - Never had a problem with barriers, usually enemies that use them die quickly and are easy to identify (shadow with a mirror behind it alright let's just orath or smth)
Chi Wave - Dunno, prob uses SP so gone p quickly, would rather have bracing

MY REPLY:

I should test out Imitate, it might turn out to be very useful just like taking a chance on War Ritual turned out for me. I don't have any hard facts or screenshots or the like to back up the following claim but I am almost certain that War Ritual, aside from boosting melee atk damage % and aside from boosting spell direct-damage %, it also boosts spell penetration versus enemy resistances.

(Imagine "imitating" enemy breath attacks or a post-game enemy's "Group Attack" with your damage-dealing character. Remember: vast majority of post-game enemies have the brawler's Group Attack.)

(Also, imagine imitating a non-Group Attack enemy's multi-attack. Testing is needed, indeed, because if those things are possible then wow. But to be honest I sincerely doubt that those things will be possible as Starfish really, really fucked up in how they translated the information meant to convey how the majority of the Ex-Skills actually work in-game.)

but I fully admit this very well be a panacea effect due to having a string of good dice rolls when casting the spells and I could simply be imagining it.

Now I wonder if War Ritual also raises the % probability for a Brawler's Group Attack to reach the 4th blow, i.e. "Clean Hit". If it does that would be awesome.

BTW, what did you mean by the barrier+hunter tier thing? Don't know what you're getting at there. I can guess, but why guess when I can ask.

also, your point about deaths occurring in groupings is 100% valid. however, if it does trigger an auto-attack from the char with "Avenge", then don't you think my "Avenge-Hunter" scenario would be hella-awesome?

(Having the Avenge-Hunter's auto-attack after a companion death inflict the enemy w/ an Ailment and then immediately afterwards hit the enemy again with their Pursuit. That would mean that the Avenge-Hunter attacked three times in one turn. However, as with "Imitate", my hopes of this skill working as it says on the tin are not very high...)

EDIT: btw, hope you don't mind but i'm going to copy/paste some of this stuff and post it on the E: Gothic thread in the hopes of stimulating conversation and steering things away from creating the illusion that the game requires meta-knowledge to play through.

i now want to stress and convey that experimentation is the key to the depth of this game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, 2.5 PLAYTHROUGHS OF ELMINAGE: GOTHIC AND APPROXIMATELY 300 HOURS PLAYING THE GAME AND THE GAME IS SO DEEP, SO COMPLEX AND SO ENGAGING AND FUN TO PLAY THAT THERE IS STILL A TON OF STUFF TO DISCOVER AND ENJOY AND ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT WAYS TO BUILD A PARTY.

Courtier

Prophet
It's a good example, I mean we've had many conversations like this and you can just keep talking about this shit because the mechanical depth of this game is astounding. How many games have combat systems, classes and ability interaction etc. that are so good they can pretty much carry the game by themselves? It's Wiz 1-5, but refined to a ridiculous degree. Obviously not many people play this but it has informational value for anyone interested in RPGs, if the current industry ''celebrity rpg devs'' made systems with half as much integrity as this, even their shitty kickstarter games (where evil won!) would bring massive incline

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
dude, well i just took the plunge (in my 2nd playthrough party, i.e. the super power-gamed one which i started w/ 3xCleric/3xAlchemists) and just now turned my level 83 100% pure Thief into a level 83 100% pure HUNTAWH BABEH.

the "Avenge" ex-skill, btw, turned out to be a bust. From my testing it seems that it only triggers if the companion was killed by an enemy melee attack and does not trigger if the companion was killed by an enemy spell/ability (which if often).

verdict: useless. perhaps not 100% useless, but there are *tons* better Ex-Skills to choose from.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
the absolute barrier for monster I guess is for them to regen hp every turn...in elminage 3 you could use that skill to prevent monster from acting and have one of your character do shit because of the god items that made you go first...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, since Courtier still hasn't answered my question, Dorarnae , the one about what he meant with his comment about his E: Original combo of a shaman+hunter tier...

I'm making an assumption in my head that i guess he meant that in E: Original a Hunter's Pursuit attack on an enemy triggers regardless whether or not there are any Barriers being used, be it by the enemy or by the party?

if that is so... then that is GODLIKE. having absolute barrier ex-skill on your party Lord and inflicting an ailment on the enemy and then walling up and having your Hunter mete out justice sounds awesome.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae
Courtier

below is a picture i took from the jp wiki which has a complete list of all of stats changed for the game's weapons/gear/etc:
ELMINAGE-GOTHIC-PIC-DIFFERENCES-ITEM-STATS_zpscssywfeu.jpg

so i'm currently going over every item that was changed and setting its stats to the new ones found in the 3ds remix version of the game. eventually, after i finish the items, i wish to do the same with the game's enemies but this will be more difficult than the items because the jp wiki does not have a page with all of the monsters and their stats, let alone a page detailing the enemy stats changed in the 3ds version.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Courtier

after more than 300 hours of total playtime i just now found out that an enemy can Behead you AND ALSO LEVEL DRAIN YOU AS WELL ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

: O

lolol not only is the char dead but he lost a lvl to boot that's fucking insane

Courtier

Prophet
BTW, what did you mean by the barrier+hunter tier thing? Don't know what you're getting at there. I can guess, but why guess when I can ask.

also, your point about deaths occurring in groupings is 100% valid. however, if it does trigger an auto-attack from the char with "Avenge", then don't you think my "Avenge-Hunter" scenario would be hella-awesome?

I meant Shaman can use some bows so has decent damage almost like a hunter, can use instruments like a bard, can hit ghosts innately and can also use barriers. The seals make them ailment machines

About Avenge well you tested it out and it doesn't trigger after spell deaths, not sure if it even triggers after a beheading, you might as well get Cruelty or something unless you expect the frontline to constantly get killed by melee

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
further testing has proven:

- Avenge is 100% useless. I can’t get it to even trigger when an enemy kills a party member using only their normal attacks. Heh.
- Shamans are GODLIKE. I went back to an earlier save and instead of using the medal of power on My Thief, I Used It On My Samurai Instead And Turned her into a Hunter. I found Polyete’s Holy Douche a few hours ago clearing the cave of the dead soldier and the Hunter’s already contributing more than the Samurai ever did. Swift Attack is so essential for killing off enemies or picking someone off preemptively that it helps tremendously to control potentially lethal encounters. can’t believe it’s taken me this long to use a Hunter.
- so, yeah, Shamans. I tested their Barrier ability and it is awesome. It blocks a ton of shit enemies like to throw at you. Right now I’m thinking hard on how to turn someone into A shaman without having to class change... the only other medal of power in Elmi: Gothic is in Ibag’s Tower in the last floor, heh.
- tested the lord’s class-specific ex-skill absolute barrier. completely worthless. as previously said the only possible use i can see for it is to stall enemies and allow the HP regen to do its thing, but, we all know that’s completely useless once your HP reach past 500 points.
- thinking hard about finding a use for that Barrier... I did notice one thing that might be very important, potentially salvaging the lord’s Barrier completely but it’s very SPECIFIC:

I tested this and it works: the Hunter’s Swift Attack skill will trigger and fire BEFORE the lord activates his Absolute Barrier skill when a turn begins. Make of this what you will. Obviously this leads me to assume that all other fast-activating skills/abilities will also trigger before the Barrier such as War Ritual, as an example (although what would be the point for Ritual before a Barrier...)

- The song ex-skills are all useless. All of them.

Conclusions so far on the ex-skills:

- the only good ones are the same ones we already knew about: Brace (best one), Tackle (2nd place), Magic Essence (bypassing enemy magic resistances is godlike), War Ritaul (great boost that can turn the tide of an encounter and it’s fast-activating), and one of my personal faves Mark of Cruelty (inflicts 5-15 dmg after the char’s turn ends, but in return that char deals +25% dmg when attacking, and yes the 25% comes straight from the jp wiki).

class-specific skills are all almost entirely useless with 1 exception: the useless ones are for example the Shaman’s skill that inverts gp/ep awarded (lewl), the lord’s absolute barrier (...i simply can’t believe Starfish knowingly put in something so useless), but there are two essential ones for their classes:

- ninja’s Replicate class-specific ex-skill. it’s insanely good and is basically a top-tier summon character at your disposal. Well, a top-tier ninja summon, and he/she will only be as good as your real ninja is, after all. Completely eliminates the need to use a Summoner if you don’t want to use one.
- summoner’s class-specific ex-skill that lets him/her perform trans surgery on summons and turn them into normal party member chars. Don’t know much about this because i’ve never used a Summoner in Elminage before; i find the process of catching summons way too tedious.

was much, much more enjoyable in wizardry empire how they did the summons.

unrelated to the skill talk, also Just recently fell in love w/ Bard again. Tarot cards are INSANELY BROKEN. If you use the right card versus the right set of enemies shit will be a piece of cake. For example there is 1 card that makes everyone unable to utilize normal melee atks, both you and the enemy. This means that if you use it on non-magic using enemies then next round they’re dead to your magic/breath/pomadoon. Alternatively there is another Tarot card that specifically disallows any use of skills/abilities/spells from everyone, you and the enemy both. use it on melee-weak enemies and boom, steamroll them with auto-atk.

check out the list:
  • Draw Empress to disable hard-hitting melee groups
  • Draw The Sun at the beginning of a fight, or when there's one enemy left. A failed draw will have little risk.
  • Judgment reduces everyone's HP to 1, but it could be an easy way to wipe enemy parties if you have a way to protect yourself.
Tarot Card Duration Success Failure
Tarot

One-time, or continuous. The effect lasts the whole battle, or in effect once. The card drawn is reversed, some effects being negative, while others have no effect whatsoever.
00: Fool

One-time Opponents are put to sleep. Allies are put to sleep.
01: Magician

Continuous Allies' magic damage is doubled. Opponent magic damage is doubled.
02: Priestess

One-time Opponents are poisoned. Allies are poisoned.
03: Empress

Continuous Physical attacks are forbidden for all. No effect.
04: Emperor

One-time Opponents are silenced. Allies are silenced.
05: Hierophant

Continuous Game: Skill moves are forbidden for all.

Manual: Non-physical and non-magical attacks cannot be used.

No effect.
06: Lovers

One-time Opponents are charmed. Allies are charmed.
07: Chariot

Continuous Allies' defense power is raised.
Allies' AC is set to -10.

Opponents' AC is set to -10 (could potentially make enemies easier to hit).
08: Justice

Continuous Good aligned damage is doubled. No effect.
09: Hermit

Continuous Game: Opponents are restricted to passive combat.
Manual: Anyone who takes no damage from an enemy receives damage equivalent to half their current HP at the end of the turn.

Any ally or foe that doesn't deal damage receives damage as punishment. Does not affect ineffective physical attacks against ghosts.

No effect.
10: Fortune

Continuous Movement order is randomized. No effect.
11: Strength

Continuous Allies' physical attack damage is doubled. Opponents' physical attack damage is doubled.
12: Hanged Man

Continuous Opponents' evasive actions fail.
Enemies cannot evade negative status effects (ignores resistances).

No effect.
13: Death

One-time One opponent is instantly killed. One ally is instantly killed.
14: Temperance

Continuous Neutral aligned damage is doubled. No effect.
15: The Devil

Continuous Evil aligned damage is doubled. No effect.
16: The Tower

One-time Opponents are confused. Allies are confused.
17: The Star

Continuous All allies' attacks hit. All opponents' attacks hit.
18: The Moon

One-time Game: Opponents flee.
Manual: Targeted party has a 50% chance of fleeing.

Allies flee have a 50% chance of fleeing.
19: The Sun

One-time Allies' strength is completely recovered. Enemies completely recover. (May be useful for Summoner contract attempts.)
20: Judgment

One-time Game: Everyones HP becomes 1 at end of turn.
Manual: Low level characters have their HP reduced to 1 and the turn forcibly ends.

All allies' and foes' HP is reduced to 1, and the turn ends immediately.

No effect.
21: The World

Continuous Game: Everyone loses status resistance.
Manual: All weaknesses and resistances are lost.

All allies and foes lose all types of defenses and resistances. Not a 100% success rate.

No effect.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
@Courtier

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49r4bw4mjn9p6b6/ITEM.csv?dl=0

that’s a modified item .csv file with all of the additions to existing Gothic items, almost exclusively changes to the Belts (Obi) and the Cape/Cloaks, as AFAIK no Weapon Stats were changed. However the additions to belts/cloaks are awesome:

- all belts/obi received +2 to the ”THACO”, or rather, each one gives from +1 all the way up to +3 to the wearer’s melee accuracy. They left all of the other stats, such as for example the blue belt’s 40% resistances to drain/petrify/beheading exactly the same and those stats were not altered. only +1 - +3 modiferes were added to the belts/cloaks for THACO purposes.

- I made Staff/Staves and also all of the Books, you know, the Book Weapons; they’re Medium-range now.

that’s it. the vast majority of big changes were done to the enemy stats, and i haven’t gotten to changing those yet. the jp wiki has a monsters page with all of the original stats from the PSP version of Elmi:Gothic, but i haven’t found a page that tells me the new enemy stats in the 3DS remix so i can change them.

of coruse, the real dream-goal is to find a way to enable all of the weapons inside the monster’s inventories. I think it can be done via just the .CSV files from the game, still looking.

EDIT: oh yeah, also they raised (very slightly) a bunch of the cape/cloak’s magic and magical elemental resistance percentages. Most of the increases are very minor, stuff like an extra +5% here and there to all of the capes/cloaks.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i just now replaced the dropbox file with a newer one with this other 3ds remix version change:

- they removed all of the Crafting restrictions, i.e. all of the ”unique” weapons can now be enchanted.

as you can all obviously tell, these changes give the player more power. the point being is that they also changed all of the enemy stats (well, most of them i mean), so i’m getting around to that.

Dorateen

Arcane
aweigh regarding the Tarot cards, do you find the diminishing draw success rate for the Bard to be a good enough balance against being over powered? At some point, the percentage for success becomes low enough that you have to give careful consideration or else get hit with a negative backlash. Then a real element of risk versus reward enters the equation. In Ibag Tower, I primarily used the card to make enemies flee on the doppleganger parties. Was the quickest way to resolve those battles. The strength card was helpful as well. But in the final, final floor master battle our Bard failed the draw to make attacks always hit... which was devastating. It was a miracle we were able to win that one, and in fact had to use several to survive.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Servant’s Magic Herbs replenish the Bard’s success rate :)

plus bard’s level 32 class mastery skill allows him to slowly replenish/increase the success rate as he continues levelling up

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Courtier

after more than 300 hours of total playtime i just now found out that an enemy can Behead you AND ALSO LEVEL DRAIN YOU AS WELL ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

: O

lolol not only is the char dead but he lost a lvl to boot that's fucking insane

yeah they can inflict multiple shit..., the true final boss in each elminage pretty much have 50% of inflicting every ailment, and I think they even ignore your resistance lol.
(at 2:00)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
agris
Shackleton
GhopTheConqueror
Courtier
Siveon
Dorateen
Deuce Traveler
Dorarnae
Celerity

ok, i made a few choice changes to Axes, Staff/Staves, Whips, and all Bludgeons, i.e. Maces/Clubs/Hammers... er, i mean in the context of changing who can equip them is what i mean. I also changed some stuff like ranges (example: all Staff/Staves are M-range, just like in all other Elminage games before Gothic); etc. Continue below...

- Staff/Staves are all M-range.

- Staff/Staves had their to-Hit modifiers increased back to Elminage: Original levels as they are completely useless in Gothic due to over-nerfing. Before I get called names :O all I did was simply increase each one's to-Hit values by +1.

- the Welsh Cane originally has -3 penalty to user's to-Hit, which is fucking ridiculous because first off NO ONE USES STAVES EXCEPT CASTER-CLASSES, AND THAT RENDERS THEM UN-USABLE FOR THOSE CLASSES DUE TO THE MASSIVE to-Hit PENALTY; ahem, anyway now the Welsh Cane has... *drum roll* a whopping -2 penalty! Trust me, 1 point makes a tangible difference! But not enough so that it changes/alters the itemization balance.

- Staff/Staves, to "compensate", now ALL OF THEM (!) carry a +2 - +4 penalty to the user's Armor Class, up from the usual +1.

- Bishop-specific Book Weapons are now all M-range. Cos... why not, amirite? I mean, wtf is the Bishop doing anyway? If he's hitting them with the book then that's just silly, since each one has fanciful and fantastical book titles like "The Black Scriptures", one assumes the Bishop is using these books as weapons by inflicting l33t dmg on enemies by reading to them from the magical pages therein. So... M-range!

- *ALL* Whips are now usable by EVERY SINGLE CLASS. Why? Because in E: Gothic all Whips are massively nerfed compared to previous entries in the series and since they all mostly suck anyway, why the fuck not right? Might as well have them be usable by any class so there is a universal go-to weapon for the back row, albeit one that consists of sucky, sucky Whips.

- All 2-HANDED Axes, i.e. the Dwarven Axe as an example (which, btw, is naturally M-range); right, so ALL 2-handed Axes are now M-range.
- Single-handed Axes, be they Main or Sub, left as is.

- ALL, ALL AND I MEAN AALLL Maces/Clubs/Hammers now have slightly increased to-Hit values. Don't worry, I'm not a dum-dum. I merely increased each one's to-Hit value, which are usually something like -3 all the way to a whopping 0 or even +1, heh; er, i mean what i did is I simply increased each one's to-Hit by +1. That's all.

- Finally, and perhaps most controversial (?): Bishops now use the exact same Weapon Access/Usable Weapons as Clerics do, like motherfucking god intended. Just like in good ole classic Wizardry.

Notes/Thoughts: I considered also giving Alchemists the same Cleric-weapons-list as I did with the Bishop but I thought perhaps not. They now have access to all Whips, and that should be more than enough I think.

Furthermore, what do you guys (and agris specifically!) think about the Bows? Gothic also nerfed massively who can use bows, so how about perhaps making all of the "regular", i.e. non-Unique/non-Awesome ones, usable by most/maybe all classes? They're already quite underpowered, well until the post-game where the top 5 weapons in the game include like 3 bows, heh.

I'm uploading the modified .CSV file to my dropbox and will edit the post w/ the download link, and all that you have to do is simply place the .CSV file in the same Folder that houses the E: Gothic .executable. That's it. Fire up the game and it will look there first and load with the changed values from the .CSV file.

I also have a modified RACE.csv file with the lifespans for Humans, Werebeasts, and Hotlets doubled (i.e. Humans went from dying at 60-something to now dying at 120, which is a 100% real-life age at which real-life humans can die.)

(did i mention real life? right.)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
item.csv: http://frd.li/fc8bc850f1e3226f (firedrop link, much better than downloading off my dropbox)

item.csv: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg0kptidq9yb8xj/-fixed.zip?dl=0

Oh, and of course it goes without saying that this item.csv file also contains the modified Cloaks, Capes, Rings and Belts with the new item Stats that Starfish gave them in the 3DS remix/remake of E: Gothic.

still to do:

- change the enemy stats to the new ones from the 3DS version of the game.

- haven't managed to get working having "Item Identification" to work correctly as a Selectable Ex-Skill. So far I've gotten it in-game and it looks perfect, but the character won't identify anything even if you select it from within the char's status screen's skill menu.

- thinking of doing the following then: modifying the base classes, or specifically the Alchemist, Servant, Shaman, Mage, and Bard classes, to all come with Item Identification just like the Bishop. Can probably do this in 10 mins but you know, lazy.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Screenshot%202016-07-30%2016.04.22_zpsnivmkbsc.png

- showing whips. notice how all classes can use this whip now.

Screenshot%202016-07-30%2015.57.44_zpsbdymyrdi.png

- notice the -2 to-Hit value now on the Welsh Cane. All staff/staves received +1 increase to their to-Hit, but also notice that now they all also penalize +2 to the Armor Class of the user instead of the original +1. Oh, and of course: M-range.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
GhopTheConqueror
agris
Courtier
Siveon

my god, so much time playing Elminage game(s) and to this day, and after hundreds of hours, have i finally seen the light! I have finally, FINALLY discovered how incredibly game-changing using your most high-value / highest-points Ores and then using them not to craft extra Armor Class or to craft Double Damage, no... to increase the "Recovery Rate" and push it way, way past 40, 50 and best yet, i got my Hunter sitting pretty with 61% status recovery rate :D

i know all of you probably already realized how essentially fucked your encounter will become once enemies begin using one of their many party-wide abilities that do shit like sleep everyone or charm or confuse, etc. For whatever reason i've just never bothered with that option in the crafting menu because I always previously thought that it wouldn't be worth spending Ores on that because I assumed that the Recovery Rate % worked in-game just like the Special Attack (inflicting ailments on-hit) crafting options do and the Special Attack %'s, even if you raise them to absurd numbers, don't really inflict statuses all that frequently (probably because enemies have equally absurdly high ailment resistance %'s so it sometimes "cancels out".

however there is nothing that challenges your Status Recovery Rate % as it's a passive thing that happens automatically, so even a little bit goes a looong way. I have one dude with 41% recov. rate and he will recover from an ailment about 1 or maybe 2 rounds after the dude with 61% recov. rate. (assuming of course enemies aren't skullraping you with ailments non-stop.)

I've given up a while ago on trying to craft high enough numbers in Special Resistance: Beheading even having 60 percent would still get the char beheaded for days so i stopped bothering wasting precious Ores on that, but this playthrough i actually found a Shield that has built-in something like 80 or 90% resistance to Beheading. I don't remember its name rite now but it's at teh warehouse.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
agris
Shackleton
GhopTheConqueror
Courtier
Siveon
Dorateen
Deuce Traveler
Dorarnae
Celerity
Zetor
Viata
Mustawd
fluent

EX-SKILLS THAT ARE NORMALLY SELECTABLE DURING CHAR-GEN AND/OR DURING A CLASS-CHANGE:

first I wish to start with the best discovery of all of my experimentation so as to leave the "duds" for further down below, as I know the majority of people will refuse to read a long post and thus i will simiply confront them with the absolutely, POSITIVELY (!) legitimate new-fangled Elminage: Gothic "battle tactic / party composition" that I managed to stumbled onto; I present to you the ungodly and unabashedly powerful combination of...

- "SHOUT"

(not the skill called "Curse", be very careful about this, this is about the skill "Shout" which does the exact same thing as "Curse", i.e. inflict FRIGHTENED status ailment on enemies, but "Shout" does it to all enemies present)

well folks, this is the shit right here. First off, it seems from my testing that the probability of inflicting the FRIGHT status on enemies is highly dependant on the character's Level in relation to the enemies they are fighting. Not that surprising, i suppose. However even with my level 60-75 (and 80+ Thief, but Thieves level fast) even my guys still in the 60's levels always managed to inflict the FRIGHT ailment on at least one enemy. Remember that "Shout" inflicts the ailment on ALL enemies. (I assume it means it has a lower success rate than the single-target "Curse" ex-skill, but I did not even bother testing "Curse" because when testing "Shout" I absolutely never, not once, failed to inflict FRIGHT ailment on at least one enemy when using the skill.

so what's the big deal? the big deal is that this obviously counts as a trigger for your party's Hunter(s) to let loose w/ Machine Gun Pursuit Sweep and motherfucking skull-fuck every single damn one of those just-FRIGHTENED enemies! Yes, it is exactly as potentially OP as it sounds! 2-4 characters spamming "Shout" and then have 2 Hunters in your party (or more! go for broke!) and laugh out loud as the Hunters lay absolute waste to the entire group of enemies. I really cannot stress enough how unbelievably easy it was to have "Shout" work as intended and I used it versus all of the enemies I could find in all of the floors in Cave of the Ancients and the Ancient Soldier Corpse dungeons, so these were not so low-level enemies to begin with.

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.12.57_zpsnm6a2eyz.png
Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.13.14_zpsorjvsuzm.png
Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.13.10_zpsz1n00cdf.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.13.25_zpsh4bz64pc.png

hehe, one more:
Screenshot%202016-08-02%2017.15.283_zpsvhqueosl.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2017.15.44_zpspdqpql5f.png

absolutely fantastic stuff. And yes, it also worked every single time I used the skill versus the Werewolves in Cave of the Ancients, and versus the Cleric-type fuckers (both the one in a dark blue robe and the fruity looking pederast in Pope-clothes) and it also worked consistently and inflicted FRIGHT every time it was used against enemies like the Cave of the Ancients Fighter-types, i.e. the Beast-race Barbarian Axe purple Bull monster and the lady knight dressed in white and also on the male knight dressed in full plate. There wasn't anyone who ain't afraid.

- AVENGE

(From what I gather during my first-hand experiences using it this Ex-Skill is not really useless so much as UNFINISHED in its design/implementation into the game.)

When one of your companions is killed by a an attack, and even after tons of testing I still can't say with 100% certainty if it has to be via an enemy melee attack, or if an enemy ability/spell also counts; then the character who has the Ex-Skill "Avenge" can choose to spend his Turn by using 1 Skill Point (SP) and activating the ability itself which is simply a normal melee attack that automatically targets and hits the offending enemy.

The problems are many, but simply put this is the crux of the bad design: when you use the 1 SP to trigger Avenge during your turn following a companion's death then yes, you do get to launch a standard melee attack versus the enemy in question, and yes, it does feature "Infinite Range" as it will hit the enemy regardless of where he is. I am not sure if it has 100% auto-hit certainty (max accuracy), but during all of my testing it *never*, *ever* missed. So... that's two details in favor of the skill, right?

now the problem is that you just wasted your turn and to top it off you wasted 1 SP as well all just so you can... perform a completely standard and normal melee attack like you always do. Here's a funny picture i took of my ALCHEMIST, Arnold, hitting a Cave of the Ancients Fighter-type enemy all the way from his back-row and just to make sure it at least has the Range thing, I gave him a Dagger weapon. Let's see if you notice the big problem with the end result of Arnold using 1 SP to "Avenge" his comrad lol...

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.46.182_zpsbs9yuyn3.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2018.46.29_zpsgufvai3w.png

--COMING SOON/TOMORROW: THE EX-SKILLS "SONG OF PROTECTION", THE EX-SKILL "SONG OF DESTRUCTION", THE EX-SKILL "SONG OF HEALING", THE EX-SKILL "CHI WAVE" (SPOILER ALERT: CHI WAVE IS ANOTHER LEGITIMATELY OP SKILL IF USED PROPERLY); THE EX-SKILL "MASTER THERION", THE EX-SKILL "COUNTER-ATTACK" WHICH IS THE ONE THAT INCREASES PARTY ATK POWER WHEN THE PARTY GETS AMBUSHED/SURPRISED BY AN ENCOUNTER...

...THE UNBELIEVABLY SURPRINGLY AWESOME EX-SKILL "LEVEL DRAIN" (NOT AS GOOD AS "SHOUT" SINCE IT DOESN'T TRIGGER PURSUIT SWEEP BUT IT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST SKILL TO USE TO MAKE ENEMIES SUPER-DUPER EASY TO SUMMON/CONTRACT AND ALSO SUPER-DUPER EASY TO STEAL THEIR SHIT; i.e. THE PRIMARY BENEFIT FROM DRAIN ENEMY LEVELS IS THAT IT MAKES ALL OF THE ENEMY'S RESISTANCES TO everything (!) DRASTICALLY DECREASE); AND MORE, MORE, MORE ELMINAGE. HERE ARE SOME PICS OF WHAT'S WAITING--

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2017.57.562_zps0uxjnty6.png

note: that is not Bull, my Lord, losing 3 levels, but rather the opposite. Bad game text.

plus cool shit like skills that are not even from previous Elminage games, but seems like they are straight-up Cut Content. I managed to hex edit / stumble my way onto a skill that was originally meant to allow the character to MOTHERFUCKING CRAFT ALCHEMY ORES!

CRAFT! ORES! AS A SKILL! THAT YOU WOULD USE FROM THE CAMP MENU! LOOLOL
. It's no surprise it was cut.
Screenshot%202016-08-02%2017.55.38_zpstayj8qud.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2017.34.302_zps9tnkp4o8.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Deuce Traveler Shackleton Mustawd Siveon Courtier Dorateen Viata Helly MrRichard999 Zetor Dorarnae Comte GhopTheConqueror BlackGoat Celerity demilich

This is a really cool "easter egg" in the last floor of the penultimate post-game dungeon in Elminage: Gothic, "The Cave of the Ancients". You can find this hooded dude who says, as plainly as humanly possible, that the entire world of Elminage was made as an "offering" to the glory of the previous Wizardry Empire series of games :)

Lilun's Tavern can be found in Wizardry Empire 1, 2 and 3 and pictures of it are plastered all over any random thread about any of the Wizardry Empire games for whoever's curious. The first time I played through Elminage: Gothic I remember finding this guy but since I had not played any of the Wizardry Empire games before his dialog was meaningless. It's amazing how much it suddenly touched me just now when I stumbled onto him just now while playing Elminage: Gothic.

Truth be told however I have no clue who the "dwarf" character is supposed to be and that's kind of embarassing considering I've translated most of the first Empire title and played through the entirety of the 2nd and the 3rd games... the only guess I can come up with is maybe Gilgamesh? That doesn't fit though. Murphy?

2spooky4reference and it's lost in translation and/or does not mean anything specific?

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2001.25.58_zpszpb1nvxn.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2001.26.06_zpsga9zsmmf.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2001.26.102_zpspn0jbcpx.png

Screenshot%202016-08-02%2001.26.132_zpsusoww3de.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom