Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Endless Legend, fantasyland trying to fix Endless Space's flaws

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Graphically, I guess? Otherwise, with all expansions, it's a great game and the combat is much better (combat being the main point of AoW since always).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Both AoW3 and EL are good imo. EL could've used better combat, but eh it's not the end of the world.

vazha

Arcane
Graphically, I guess? Otherwise, with all expansions, it's a great game and the combat is much better (combat being the main point of AoW since always).
I dont like grouping units as well. In AOW 2 each ork was an individual (Urgzzob?), in the third part thats gone

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Both AoW3 and EL are good imo. EL could've used better combat, but eh it's not the end of the world.
That's why AoW3 and EL complement each other so well. Although AoW3's strategic layer is nowhere near as bad as EL's combat layer is. It's actually p fun when it comes to the sense of exploration and unlocking additional upgrades, just rather basic and strategic magic is declined heavily compared to previous parts as well.
I dont like grouping units as well. In AOW 2 each ork was an individual (Urgzzob?), in the third part thats gone
Not really something that would make a game "super bland", but sure, why not.

vazha

Arcane
I can add overall art direction, narrative & offbeat fairytale writing as well. In both of these areas the third part doesnt even come close to the second. AoW 2 was delightfully cozy, if a game can be called that. AoW 3 is more like a gameplay mechanics game.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Speaking of challenges, like almost every year, we are holding another Community Challenge for the duration of Amplified: From now until Monday, January 24th, 7PM CET, every match you start in Humankind, Endless Legend, or Endless Space 2 will count towards unlocking additional Humankind rewards for all players. The first reward is a set of player emblems inspired by African cultures
Ayo (smacks lips), all you 4X fans hol up.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Speaking of challenges, like almost every year, we are holding another Community Challenge for the duration of Amplified: From now until Monday, January 24th, 7PM CET, every match you start in Humankind, Endless Legend, or Endless Space 2 will count towards unlocking additional Humankind rewards for all players. The first reward is a set of player emblems inspired by African cultures
Ayo (smacks lips), all you 4X fans hol up.

I was going to play a game or two of Humankind but because of that challenge I will pass until early Summer. Just to be sure.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any mods for the combat in this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom