Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Endless Space 2

Arnust

Savant

Seems like update coming the 18th. It's pretty clear that the robot in the teaser is the mezari OpBot, the Mezari robot that probably appears in ES (I wouldn't know) and is the "protagonist" of the Vaulters questline of EL. This can either be some relatively minor mechanic addition or the big boys package of Faction + Minor Civs+New gameplay system/Research like the release and Early Access updates.

Arnust

Savant

Not what is announced, but pretty fun regardless.

And happy Endless Day to you!

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
I have to give credit to their presentation and music,it makes other 4x aaa games look like a joke.

Arnust

Savant
Darn, beat me to it. The livestream that revealed them has some snippets on how they'll work and the other new stuff.

(Don't mind the thumbnail)

Guess what Endless Legend minor faction got to come, too?

5_Sisters.png

Sisters Of Mercy!

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
That's the issue. The games aren't very good imo, but its hard to not be an artfag and play something else after experiencing the style these games have.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But lyke omg they arent exact clones of Moo2 therefore we must hate.

Hate

Hate

Yeah I love ES2 too. Fuck all you assholes that said these games were soulless. They are the most soul the gaming market has seen in years.

Pity about that combat though.

And pity about the Paradox style DLC fleecing they seem to have adopted. No game is perfect. But this shit sure is addictive.

so i installed it again to check the new stuff and i spent half an hour on the race selection screen because i realised there's not a single one i simpathize with or whose mechanics i like.
and the faction editor is tooootally lacking, almost useless, nowhere near galciv3's, which is another snoozefest.

Arnust

Savant
I'm a sucker for the Ents especially in the role of "galaxy police" myself

Oficcial Unfallen Artwork:
Qyt1TGP.png

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
Finally bought the game as of the Endless Day sales thingie. BTW, if any of you punks missed the ED stream; here's FlyByNo's concert with some "covers". There's now a vinyl of the soundtrack if someone is so afraid of their own disposable income, too.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm probably the only one who cares, but the new Vaulters DLC is out and it's really good. The vaulters themselves are very vanilla-ish, with some fun twists like not having outposts (the Argosy creates colonies) and being able to use strategic resources for system development (which kinda renders luxuries obsolete). The game has also been updated and rebalanced and it's IMO a lot better. Manpower is now a real concern, the AI is now a lot more reasonable when it comes to trading and diplomacy is more dynamic. In my game 2 big coalitions formed and duked out WW1 style. Meanwhile BOTH sides keep asking me to join their alliance almost every turn. I let them kill each other while I went for Genius of the Endless.

You guys will also notice some small differences in the tech tree (distributed energy is now a max-tier tech) and weapons are very different, with beams now becoming all-arounders and slugs being the go-to counter measure. Torpedoes now REALLY suck at anything other than long range and lasers...well they are kinda the same.

If you guys are thinking about going back to ES2, now is the time!

Last edited:

Erikolaz

Educated
This must be my favorite prologue. The combination of the voice, the music, and the aesthetics gives me chills towards the end.

Nael

Arcane
Torpedoes now REALLY suck at anything other than long range and lasers...well they are kinda the same.

There's a strat card that forces fights to stay long range. Works great if you're fielding missile boats. Especially if you are playing against another human. Catch someone off-guard with that and steamroll thru space bound defense and some invading fleets lagging just behind.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I finally started properly playing this after Vaulters got released. At this point all I can say is: there is a lot to love here and despite the game sure having some flaws, just like EL it makes most other modern 4X (especially the more mainstream/popular ones) look like a particularly inane joke for 12 year olds.

However, I think at this point I'll postpone devoting more time to it and this is because of goddamned space niggers. Did they mention working/planning to work on pop management at any point? I'm afraid this might be a feature, as admittedly their depiction of refugees welcome in space is scarily accurate and realistic. You go around the galaxy expanding your glorious empire and then the game spawns some poor minor nation ship full of nibbas who want a piece of that, they beeline for one of your systems and happily stay there while whitey can't do or say shit about it. I have to say, not being vodyani/horatio/cravers and having no means of dealing with all the space rocket scientists and doctors merrily breeding on my planets is really irritating and kills my mojo:( Well, there are some meta ways, but they're time consuming, not always effective and kinda lame.

So... genocide dlc when?

exe

Augur
The total lack of control over pop growth (you can't even stop growth like in civ) is really obnoxious. Thats why Vodyani are clearly the most fun, if you "conquer" people you just burn it all down instead of getting screwed with overcolonization penalties till you are allowed to raze.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
WTF? You can easily move your population to any planet with space.

If you run into overpopulation issues with all planets full, there's tech to deal with that and later you can convert them all into soldiers. Or make 1 dump planet, send all rapefugees there and "abandon" it, then recolonise, rinse and repeat.

Bunch of babies.

Nael

Arcane
WTF? You can easily move your population to any planet with space.

If you run into overpopulation issues with all planets full, there's tech to deal with that and later you can convert them all into soldiers. Or make 1 dump planet, send all rapefugees there and "abandon" it, then recolonise, rinse and repeat.

Bunch of babies.

I think one of the City Modernization tiers has shuttles that you can use to ship ppl out of overpopulated systems to less populated ones too. Right?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I think one of the City Modernization tiers has shuttles that you can use to ship ppl out of overpopulated systems to less populated ones too. Right?
Not sure which tech, but it's REALLY early on.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I'm probably the only one who cares, but the new Vaulters DLC is out and it's really good. The vaulters themselves are very vanilla-ish, with some fun twists like not having outposts (the Argosy creates colonies) and being able to use strategic resources for system development (which kinda renders luxuries obsolete). The game has also been updated and rebalanced and it's IMO a lot better. Manpower is now a real concern, the AI is now a lot more reasonable when it comes to trading and diplomacy is more dynamic. In my game 2 big coalitions formed and duked out WW1 style. Meanwhile BOTH sides keep asking me to join their alliance almost every turn. I let them kill each other while I went for Genius of the Endless.

You guys will also notice some small differences in the tech tree (distributed energy is now a max-tier tech) and weapons are very different, with beams now becoming all-arounders and slugs being the go-to counter measure. Torpedoes now REALLY suck at anything other than long range and lasers...well they are kinda the same.

If you guys are thinking about going back to ES2, now is the time!

I HATE this "rebalance" faggotry. Just as soon as I get used to how a game plays they fuck around with it and nerf all the good stuff because some fuckwit millennial on the Internet gets buttblasted about muh balins :balance: . Usually on MMORPGWTFBBQs but it's infected mostly single player games now too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom