Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Erannorth Renaissance

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Did anyone got to play it yet? It's very different from what I liked in Chronicles and Reborn, so I am on the fence.
Played it for two hours.
Erannorth3Renaissanc.jpg
117Erannorth3Renaissanc.jpg

Decided to go with the default half-elf rogue guy but i don't think i spotted any of the content exclusive to him.
Combat is pretty good. Nowhere near as many gameplay options as Reborn/Chronicles at first glance and no more "turn this non-combat card into a damage card with this +synergy card" kind of abilities but you still can do some pretty neat combos.
Default rogue guy can swap places, apply bleed/poison and apply stealth to himself that grants him extra AP and makes enemies flail around and complain if they fail their perception check. You can also make your rogue into a summoner of sorts if you focus on the "connections" skill judging by perks.

2e3Erannorth3Renaissanc.jpg

Didn't found any shop that sells warrior/rogue/ranger abilites outright but there is one that sell spellbooks with a bundle of new spells for occultists and alchemists.
As one could already see from the previews items often have skill requirements, like one point in Religion is required in order to use a healing spell from a ring or one point in Stalwart in needed in order to use and benefit from drinking mead. You can also acquire a lot of utility items like ropes and shovels that can be used to perform certain actions out of combat.

As for CYOA elements, writing and plot...
196Erannorth3Renaissanc.jpg

...plot is ok so far. Didn't really grab me. I hoped that there would be a bit more focus on "sandboxy" elements rather than the main plot.
You can flirt with a lot of NPCs but i didn't reach any explicit scenes my journal promised me.

It's an early access title, alright. Does indeed need a year or more so in the oven.

Arthandas

Prophet
The amount of "AI nonsense" you will see in famous Masters' brush strokes and hands is impressive. After all, AI was trained on them.
Wtf are you talking about woman? I know you feel a rabid need to defend every Erannorth game because you're insecure and seek validation, but at least make some sense.
AI was trained on the masters, not the other way around so you won't see any AI generation artifacts in their "brush strokes and hands".

Oh, wait we do, each time we use an Nvidia or Amd graphics card to play games.
This will probably blow your mind "love", but there's no AI involved in the process of displaying images by the GPUs. Unless they're displaying your ChatGPT tier comments, that is.

Katerina

Novice
Arthandas
Learn to read. It's exactly what I said. The only thing I am defending is common sense.

Also:
NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) is a neural graphics technology that multiplies performance using AI to create entirely new frames, display higher resolution through image reconstruction, and improve the image quality of intensive ray-traced content—all while delivering best-in-class image quality and ...
AMD does something similar.

Too long to read right?

Arthandas

Prophet
Also:
NVIDIA DLSS
That's your argument? A fairy recent technology (the first game using it released in 2019) utilized by around 0.00001% of video games?
Not to mention DLSS and AI art utilized by this game work on completely different principles. One is based on interpolation between two existing images, and the other on creating an entire image from scratch.
DLSS is fucking awesome, basically free performance on the highest quality setting, meanwhile AI "art" is universally shit.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
efErannorth3Renaissanc.jpg

I think i am stuck after completing Ennathil's Fate quest. Nothing i do now seems to advance any of my current quests, checking the steam forums revealed that there is a bug that stops your progress if don't do certain choices.
There wasn't much left to complete anyway so i definitely recommend waiting until dev adds more polish and content.

Katerina

Novice
Arthandas While the first AI generated image came, when, exactly? Do you even read what are you writing? Anyway, I guess it's my cue to move on. I got what I needed from this topic.

Katerina

Novice
You seriously have issues love. Did your boyfriend broke your heart and made you so toxic? I petty you, but still wish you well.

Yes, if I was the developer I would be chatting with you specifically. I guess it's incomprehensible to you for a woman to match your 13yo wits.

Arthandas

Prophet
Back so soon honey? Is your addiction preventing you from leaving without having the last word? I thought you already got all the verbal masturbation you wanted from this topic.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I picked this up to support the dev. Looks very promising. Will report back in 14 years when 1.0 is out.
This guy made 3 games and like 10 expansions in 5 years. You can complain about many things, but productivity ain't one of them. He has this pipeline that allows a decent amount of game-making and modding, and I have nothing but respect for him.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom