Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Delterius

Arcane
The Cossacks.

Personally, I'm really enjoying the tweaks to mercenary recruitment and internal politics. I'm also really happy to see that they want to further improve the colonial system. Maybe one day independence wars won't be about centralized States of the New World declaring war on their motherland.

holy. fucking. shit.
i did the 1k provinces achievement and took a break. i came back to do the 1m manpower and my saved game is now incompatible. lost forever.
no way i'm doing that again.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The Cossacks.

Personally, I'm really enjoying the tweaks to mercenary recruitment and internal politics. I'm also really happy to see that they want to further improve the colonial system. Maybe one day independence wars won't be about centralized States of the New World declaring war on their motherland.
And maybe one day shipping 100k soldiers overseas is a plain ludicrous notion.

MoLAoS

Well, as soon as Bernie Sanders becomes president I can finish working on my game full time and then no more shitty Paradox bullshit.

kris

Arcane
Well, as soon as Bernie Sanders becomes president I can finish working on my game full time and then no more shitty Paradox bullshit.

time spent playing paradox games (mostly eu2) 1000+ hours, time spent on yours 0. you have your work cut-out for you.

Paradox problem right now isn't really a design issue. It is that they have saturated their own market as all their games are very similar and therefore buying a EU VII is not that appealing to someone that played the previous installations. I simply grown tired of their games, have I not played the previous EU and just now bought EUIV, then I would have been forsaken all work just to play it.

Next paid patch releasing today.

and then of course we have this thing. There is little reason to buy their games until you can get a package deal. Compared to when Johan on his free time patched and improved the games for years.

kris

Arcane

Luzur

Good Sir
12308406_845883178857622_7657299534328513761_n.jpg

YEEEEAAHHH

MoLAoS

time spent playing paradox games (mostly eu2) 1000+ hours, time spent on yours 0. you have your work cut-out for you.

Paradox problem right now isn't really a design issue. It is that they have saturated their own market as all their games are very similar and therefore buying a EU VII is not that appealing to someone that played the previous installations. I simply grown tired of their games, have I not played the previous EU and just now bought EUIV, then I would have been forsaken all work just to play it.

Shit I've played them way more than you, then. Paradox does have a design issue, you just don't know it because they have little competition. Its like not having had access to cinnamon and thinking french toast is fine with just powdered sugar. You don't even know what you are missing.

kris

Arcane

Shit I've played them way more than you, then. Paradox does have a design issue, you just don't know it because they have little competition. Its like not having had access to cinnamon and thinking french toast is fine with just powdered sugar. You don't even know what you are missing.

I would be impressed/worried if you done that. i dont have any real figure, but EU2 alone was played loads. It was great.

I think if anything Civ-like games are the ones with design problems, they all just have the same design. with some doing it more retardedly than others.

MoLAoS

Well Steam tells me I have about 4000 hours with Paradox games. However a lot of that is me leaving the game open when I sleep or go to work. So I can't be sure. I know I've played lots of games for hundreds of hours.

MoLAoS

I think if anything Civ-like games are the ones with design problems, they all just have the same design. with some doing it more retardedly than others.
I'm not going to defend Civ. That doesn't make Paradox good. Just the Hillary Clinton of 4x games. Civ is Jeb!.

Renegen

Arcane
Started a new game as the Mameluks and I thought that in order to compete with the Ottomans I had to build a bigger navy and control the Constantinople straight. Well it turns out with this new patch or something, blockading the straight does NOT prevent the Ottomans from sending soldiers over the 2 continents, all that strategy and some bs change sinks it. Ragequit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom