Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Nice job. You now have a couple of years to attack the REAL countries.

as you can see, i already had chance to beat the crap out of poland, took russia before it could even colonize siberia and westernized by taking wien. i'm allied and friendly with france and i beat the crap out of portugal and spain, twice, which cost them almost all they had in africa while i annexed the papal state. which was truly unfortunate of me because poland started a coalition against me and THE WHOLE WORLD joined. luckily i had already 4 wars ongoing in india which got me busy long enough for the coalition to slowly dismantle.
cool story bro.

Luzur

Good Sir
New DLC out:

Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense - Sounds from the Community: Kairis Soundtrack

Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense - Sounds from the Community: Kairis Soundtrack

Taking inspiration from the rich tapestry of the Europa Universalis universe, this music pack breaks new ground by being the first ever community produced piece of music for the award winning franchise.

Composed by avid Europa Universalis fan - Kairi Sawler, this collection of five songs is inspired by Asian melodies and ups the tempo, cranks up the bass and further enhances the Europa Universalis listening experience with heavier, more relentless music.

The track list includes:

• Takeda Sunrise
  • Jade Ambitions
  • Emperor's Road
  • Silken Path
  • Forest Shade

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa...mp;utm_term=0_6b1b68c4d1-6d2f1fb077-146153457

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
That was not worth a bump.

Also whoever buys their soundtrack dlcs has reached a state of profound senility and should be deemed unfit to vote in their country.

Out of curiosity, has there been any attempt to remove the claim fabrication mechanic? I know this goes against the map painting focus of the game, but I'm wondering if it's viable. Fabrication always seemed like a cheap and lazy cop-out. Hell, I'd love holy war CB nerfed as well, so that every scrap of land you get actually matters and feels like a victory.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I would guess that there's either a separate txt file or a Defines stat for how long Claim Fabrication works. You might not be able to remove it through changing the qualifications, but I'm almost certain you can just make it take much longer if that's what you want.

Holy War CB can be changed the way you like just the same as any other CB in the CB txt.

Vaarna_Aarne

Anyway, just checked, you can make a mod that changes Claim Fab times on your own in 5 minutes, just make a mod folder that uses the defines LUA file (copy in the appropriate path within your mod), and change the 365 days in DAYS_TO_FABRICATE_CLAIM to whatever you wish. CB type modding happens elsewhere, though the defines can also be altered to change peace costs etc to your liking.

There's no reason NOT to mod a Pdox game (aside from multiplayer for those that are into that sort of thing) to your personal tastes. That's a big thing going for them, since the modding process is really easy to learn and there's good documentation available thanks to the Wiki.

Vaarna_Aarne

The features sound like nice additions both from base game and modding perspective (the culture conversion one is basically them Swedes fellating us neighbours good and proper). I particularly like the sound of the Estates, but especially the diplomacy additions.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
still not fixing the crucial flaw of having an incompetent diplomatic AI. Until then the base singleplayer game is worthless and multiplayer sessions need half a hundred players to not turn into a gigantic anti AI blobfest.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
- Improved Espionage: New spy actions allow you to study the technology of more advanced countries and prod your rivals’ subjects towards independence.

And even more power to the Ottomans. At this point they are basically the most advanced nation during the whole game or at least until late 18th century. It's going to be even more bothersome and should I say impossible to hold an Asian trade empire together as well. Which is already more or less the case especially if there's a human player around.

Luzur

Good Sir
The Cossacks, the newest expansion to Europa Universalis IV, pays homage to this legendarily proud people with a ton of new features that enhance the diplomatic game and give you new things to tend to during peacetime.

The expansions will come to digital retailers and the Paradox store in late 2015. Check out the trailer and and read more about the Cossacks by hitting the button below!

Beastro

Arcane
Reminds me that, the French side of the Dominican Island was so rich, it outproduced the rest of the new world combined in sugar production, and it's GDP was something absurd. So much that it was worth more to the crown than their entire North American colony.

They were Guadeloupe and Martinique.

France would bend over backwards giving away other concessions to Britain in order to keep them and were at the heart of Voltaire dismissing the New France concession as giving away "a patch of snow".

The only enjoyable games of this that I've played have been my CK2 converted saves. Which is something that's odd to me, because there are a lot of nations I'd ordinarily love to conquer the world as at the 1444 bookmark.

Does anybody have any mod or general gameplay recommendations to help me not get bored with this game easily? Which DLCs are actually worth your money, too? I bought all of them up to Common Sense last time there was one of those retarded 99.99% off everything!!!! sales on Steam.

Beastro

Arcane
Gr8, now the game has an exact CTD date: March 6, 1528, right after I defeated France as the Papal States. I could already TASTE the diplo-vassalization of southern France with 0 AE. Yeah...

I hope Paradox dies in a fire.

This is why you say "fuck you" to ironman, play normally with autosave at every month, manual save every half year and roll back bit by bit until you reach that date without CTDing.

I get this all the time in these damn games and used to in CivIII which started me doing the above habit. I dont mind losing in these games, I actually wish major setbacks would happen more often, I hate having CTDing crap fuck over my gameplay.

What's the only reason to play ironman? Achievements? MMO mechanics get a lot of flak for being added to games and I often find it BS, but achievements are the worst of both WoW and consoles shoved into modern PC games.

If you want neat goals look em up and play em in normal mode, who the fuck cares if no one on steam gets to see your little fancy icons and %age completed rise closer to 100.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Veritas et Fortitudo is a decent overhaul experience. It's slightly more realistic, but the emphasis is on playability and the introduction of some new systems/increased complexity of existing systems. It also adds new provinces and moves the timeline back to 1309 (to 1865).

MEIOU and Taxes is the other big overhaul. Many more provinces and tags, 1356 start date, much more realistic than vanilla.

Extended Timeline Mod will let you experience vanilla at a number of points between 1AD and modernity.

Renaissance in Failure is an interesting, multiplayer balanced fantasy mod based on a long-running CK2 campaign. Lots of viable countries for a good experience, with some really novel mechanics (i.e. war refugees).

Vaarna_Aarne

Yes, it's the Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks.

I particularly like "catamite of Tartary", it's pretty creative.

Delterius

Arcane
1e8hQHd.png

This expansion is shaping up to be pretty good.

Luzur Ulminati

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom