Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128128298/expeditions-conquistador

http://conquistadorthegame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/expeditions_conquistador?as=1649904300

"Combat is intimate and detailed, and failure has great consequences. Every expedition member has a face, a past, a set of personality traits, and of course a combat role - their morale will change depending on your decisions, they will chime in when you're weighing your options, and if they fall in battle, their injuries will carry over to the world map, where they must be treated by your doctors until they're back on their feet. Should you fail to treat your expedition members, they will die and be gone for good."

Seems pretty interesting imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Seems p. cool but would be nice if you could play as the aztecs at some point. Human sacrifice, fuck yeah!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Looks very interesting. Nice setting and (gasp!) turn based combat.
And one of the devs - Jonas Wæver - looks like a young Richard Garriott.

I think I will support this.
Only one thing; I assume there is no DRM involved?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jonas Waever was the lead on The Nameless Mod.

Also if they're based in Denmark how the hell did they get on Kickstarter? Checked the faq and
—You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
—You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
—You have a major US credit or debit card.
still applies.

As for me, I'm not interested in a game made by white neckbeards where you play the role of white imperialists regardless of how much it'll closely resemble a turn-based Deus Ex. :M

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A new setting at last! Something that isnt renaissance Europe. No magic too. Well I like magic, especially if that would be Aztec kind of magic but well , can live with that.

Not very much events though unless they are non random. Then there is small replay value.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will donated some of mine Imperial Solidi for this. :incline:

aguirre3.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jonas Waever was the lead on The Nameless Mod.

Also if they're based in Denmark how the hell did they get on Kickstarter? Checked the faq and
—You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
—You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
—You have a major US credit or debit card.
still applies.

As for me, I'm not interested in a game made by white neckbeards where you play the role of white imperialists regardless of how much it'll closely resemble a turn-based Deus Ex. :M
Pretty sure one of the team members is a kwanzian.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I will donated some of mine Imperial Solidi for this. :incline:

aguirre3.jpg

335392573_6bf0e8c5aa.jpg

Was already Done. :salute:

Tactical turn based rpg?

Aguirre-der-Zorn-Gottes_Klaus-Kinski.jpg
Anybody done one on Nintendo DS? :roll: This screen can be joke using film Infintron Mentioned... BTW got 403 error from your link. This game is how AoD should be text adventure with Pics + combat on tactical screen, All which can be done by band of bros for ~ 100 000 jewgold with no Mainstream induced PC, Faggotery and bastardisation.
P.S. backed. :obviously:

Overboard

Arcane
Everything about this sounds good so far, especially the setting. Only problem might be the finite number of followers to draw on. Backed, anyway.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Looks good. Too bad this is from the perspective of the Spanish butchers.

Indeed Spaniards brough only :decline: for the nations tribes who engaged is such :obviously: activities like cannibalism and mass human sacrifices.
Yes, the sacrifice that consisted mostly of prisoners of war and rest being shitty slaves or volunteers. The cannibalism was done on already sacrificed individuals. Keep sucking Cortes cock.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hopefully the sequel will take place during the Spanish-American War.

Except in the game Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders will take the war to the shores of Spain and execute the Spanish monarchy. Then detonate a nuke for good measure.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks good. Too bad this is from the perspective of the Spanish butchers.

Yeah, better have it from the point of view of the degenerate virgin sacrificing ball of fire worshippers who despite having a million to one advantage in numbers still got their arses whipped by true Christian heroes. :salute:

Quetza(l)coatl is exactly the type of filthy heathen I want to stomp in this game :rpgcodex:
Don't expect Xolotl to aid you when going to Mictlan then. How do you stomp a deity btw?

It's easy to stomp or fuck up a crude child like painting of some figment of some tripped up goat fuckers imagination. NOTE: Whatatosser is NOT real...

Seems p. cool but would be nice if you could play as the aztecs at some point. Human sacrifice, fuck yeah!

I'd rather you be a pirate sailing the Caribbean! Hell, why not add more shit and let you play out the 30 years' war as well....:M Fuck me, why is it whenever someone pitches an idea immediately someone pipes up wanting something completely beyond the scope of the initial idea? This is why we cannot have nice, deep, focused things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom