Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fainaru Fantajī Sebun to be re-released for PC

Black

Arcane
Jenova's witnesses knocked at my door today. Horrible creatures.
060625.jpg

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
they're going to find a way to fuck it up
*reads article*
they already did

:thumbsup:

hopefully the limited pirate edition will be free of some of the shit

Why is there jap shit on the front page?
there's worse shit being posted here, at least FF7 is a considered a (j)RPG

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Has a codex news post ever been retardo'ed before? Will this be the first? Or is this just the herald of a coming KawaiiKodex?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
When I post news, it's to spite as many Danes as possible.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Got to hand it to Square-Enix, they still manage to squeeze money out of FFVII fanboys. And this pointless re-release, advertised like a remake, is the most ingenious yet.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why is that every game nowadays must have "achievements"?

And where is my decline smilie??? D:

Snerf

Learned
I remember when achievements consisted of asking yourself "Did I do something that I enjoyed?"

I still don't understand why this is motivation for some people. What could they possibly put in?

"Achievement granted: X Marks The Spot - Pressed the x button 10 million times, beat game"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is that every game nowadays must have "achievements"?

And where is my decline smilie??? D:

STEAM requires all the games they sell have Achievements. Also the Console manufacturers also require this as well.

Old games (pre-2008 or so, I think) on STEAM don't have achievements. Including even old Valve games.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
Achievements are great, deal with it. After 20- 30- or even 40+ years in which you have achievied a fucking damn nothing, you play a game and collect like... a hundred... in a day or two. Stroke of genius. How do you guys don't get it, it is beyond comprehension.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
And, by the way, in case you haven't noticed, you get achievements even to post damn shit in this forum. Just saying....

I remember when achievements consisted of asking yourself "Did I do something that I enjoyed?"

I still don't understand why this is motivation for some people. What could they possibly put in?

"Achievement granted: X Marks The Spot - Pressed the x button 10 million times, beat game"

My understanding of the structure of achievements is partly dick-waving but mostly a way for people to check in on other people's progress in a game because, I dunno, social media shit is in with the suit/managerialist crowd. You look at some gamingbros' shit, see they are playing game X, and because of the way achievements are structured, you can usually see at what point your gaming bros are in the game by virtue of the DEFEATED DOUCHUS MAXIMUS AT THE TWEETER CENTER (15G) achievement and then chat or something. I guess I don't have a problem with that stuff; it's not for me, but it doesn't really harm me either. I mostly just ignore that shit. My issue is that the dick-waving ones could be done a lot better. Most just cap out at BEAT GAME ON HARDEST DIFFICULTY (50G) or OUR CONTENT IS SO SHIT WE NEED TO GIVE YOU AN ACHIEVEMENT TO CONVINCE ANYBODY TO EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING IT ALL (100G). They need to make the dick-waving achievements a little more impressive. Like SS Rank all of Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die, beat Dark Souls without dying :)troll: okay...one death allowed), or completely avoiding combat in Fallout. Stuff that, while still dorky as all hell, is every so slightly less pathetic.

Of course if I were making a game and had to give achievements I'd be as sadistic as possible. Since all FAGBOX gaymes have 1000 GAYmerscore I'd make sadistic challenges worth points in the single digits adding up to 99 total if you complete all the challenges and then a bunch (well, nine) of high scoring "shame" achievements that all are in the triple digits encompassing things like using easy mode, enabling tutorials, zooming in on NPC's asses/chests too often, etc. Then if you get all of the challenge and shame achievements you get the last one, for one point, called GET A LIFE!

Yes, I like thinking abuut ways to torture fringe demographics, why do you ask:hmmm: ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom