Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Lhynn

Arcane
By the way, is there any way to increase attributes permanently like in fallout 1 or 2?

Cromwell

Arcane
By the way, is there any way to increase attributes permanently like in fallout 1 or 2?

theres a clinic in albuquerque. But its pricey, the cheapest ones are str and cha with 5k I think the rest goes well over 10k.
you may give them one of your companions to butcher for parts to reduce the price

Sagez

Novice
Hi, it is also possible to increase luck - try talking to shaman in Albuquerque. He will cut you to see your blood though ;)

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I got +1 luck from the tribal shaman in Albuquerque. I had very positive karma when I talked to him, I assume you get -1 if you're evil.

Lhynn

Arcane
Combat is getting on my nerves, im not used to having to heal to get through encounters, so i always wait one round too long to do it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i used cheapt tactic to rid of rodriguez' men.

basically i snipe them from the edge of the map, pick off one to 3 of them, when HP is low, i retreat, heal and repeat >___>

there are just so fucking many of them

laclongquan

Arcane
NOTE to Starting New Game:

Charisma dump stat and tag Speech. The biggest use of CHA in F2 is companions. Since they are rare as henteeth in Resurrection, might as well dump it. Speech can compensate for that.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The sawed-off sniper rifle is better than the standard version, I think. There's also a neat 14mm SMG.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Big ending spoiler question

For those who have beaten this already, can you post your ending slideshot results? For example, I'm kind of curious if there's an ending where the MC doesn't shoot himself in the head

TigerKnee

Arcane
Is sneaky/unarmed guy build with finesse and one hander good idea?
There are at least 2 parts of the game which lets Unarmed combat shine.

The big problem is with big fights where being in the thick of things is a good way to have the enemy kill you in one round with focus fire due to the damage reduction changes

eXalted

Arcane
A simple solution to big fights and dying instantly.

7dd1cabd231aedc2384e00f3781251bc845351859943610258efbf4dcb3f1d2f.jpg
Psycho: +50% Damage Reduction, combined with a decent armor, you take only 0-2 damage from conventional weapons. Except when critically hit of course, then you are reduced to a bloody pile. C'mon kids, you know you want them.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dont see how unarmed is doable on hard unless you spend most of your time avoiding combat until you can afford high end armor. Guess just go crippling arms and eye, most enemies will stop acting and just run if they get blinded, and the toughest enemies have two handed weapons, which means if you cripple any of their arms they cant fight back. But i dont know just how good their crippling capabilities are. Also these enemies dont seem to miss nearly as much as they missed on the fallout 1 and 2 games, they probably have easily 100% on their weapon of choice, and the ones with burst weapons can do around 60 damage without critting, but they will only burst on very close distances, so you can at least lure them.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Charisma dump stat and tag Speech. The biggest use of CHA in F2 is companions. Since they are rare as henteeth in Resurrection, might as well dump it. Speech can compensate for that.
What? I heard there are 3-4 companions, dog is clearly useful for melee which is my favorite for Fallout. )

Is sneaky/unarmed guy build with finesse and one hander good idea?
It is good idea in terms of handicapping yourself.
Don't be a hero - take Gifted.

Pope Amole II is doing run on jewtube with unarmed pc.
With Good Natured and One Handed.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys can you deliver all cases of rising stats in Resurrection?
Like +1 to all except Charisma and something (Luck?) as surgery operation.
Then I heard about +1 Luck from someone.
Do you have full list?
In the sake of planning you character.

epeli

Arcane

I was worried that might be the case. I've played with cha 4, cha 10 and cha 2 toons, but did not notice any important charisma checks. Dialog checks seem to be mostly speech and mentats are enough for the one-time process of hiring companions.

Guys can you deliver all cases of rising stats in Resurrection?
Like +1 to all except Charisma and something (Luck?) as surgery operation.
Then I heard about +1 Luck from someone.
Do you have full list?
In the sake of planning you character.

+1 to each stat except luck through expensive surgeries in Albuquerque hospital.
Apparently +1/0/-1 to luck based on your karma from Albuquerque tribal shaman.
Mentats and Buffout are common, but AFAIK there are no stat-boosting items like Mirrored Shades. Except Power Armor, of course.
The usual skillbooks are also available in unlimited quantity from Sedit bookstore.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
He's playing with Good Natured + One Hander for Russian audiences and Finesse + Jinxed for the rest of the world. Draw your own conclusions.

Quatlo

Arcane
Who the fuck thought the removal of DT* is a good idea. It was there to balance single shot and burst fire weapons, now you end up with something silly like my screenshot with stupid 10mm smg.
I dont think I saw numbers like these on anything else except the minigun and bozar.
I dread to be on the receiving end of that even with Psycho.

fxm4bpL.png

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
In the Alexa fight, two gals with SMG received my complete attention. Priority target, as it were.

On the other hand, I dont think there much change in stat. The horrifying burst damage from low level guns I did receive in F2 before, I think.

Around Rat Hole you should have one Mentat already. Another might be bought or scrounged somewhere around the time we meet Kyrie. With two mentats we should have enough to recruit her. And that is the extent of our resource early game~

The next nearest human should be chancy to get considering the Karma requirement. The last is the next major town, which is probabbly middle game~

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Who the fuck thought the removal of DT* is a good idea. It was there to balance single shot and burst fire weapons, now you end up with something silly like my screenshot with stupid 10mm smg.
I dont think I saw numbers like these on anything else except the minigun and bozar.
I dread to be on the receiving end of that even with Psycho.

fxm4bpL.png
Thats not a problem, crits will get you either way, the problem is that normal hits can go for close to 100 damage. Meaning you cant really survive them, meaning the only real option is not getting shot up close.

Around Rat Hole you should have one Mentat already. Another might be bought or scrounged somewhere around the time we meet Kyrie. With two mentats we should have enough to recruit her. And that is the extent of our resource early game~
considering how fast companions go down i dont see a reason to even bother with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom