Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pardon me for not paying attention to the whole thread, but
Is there any use for the special goods you can buy at Salem? Is this that moment inspired by that time in PS:T where we should buy all (or most? can't remember) items from Vrischika? I don't know about you guys, but seeing Salem selling all of that shit that's basically misc./quest items of Fallout 2 actually remind me of that moment where we buy stuff from Vrischika. Also, is there any point in possessing more than 1 talisman? If it's plot significant or kinda, don't tell me exactly what it is, let me discover it myself.
i find nothing useful can be done woth salems unique items, they are just easter eggs/references.

As for talismans, yes there will be benefits to carry more than one. For example, you can sell them for money later

Lemming42

Arcane
How can I get the little girl (Sophie) into the Imperial City? I have a feeling it has something to do with the lady who lost her son, but if that's the case I'm fucked because I completely alienated her.

Lhynn

Arcane
How can I get the little girl (Sophie) into the Imperial City? I have a feeling it has something to do with the lady who lost her son, but if that's the case I'm fucked because I completely alienated her.
You fucked up
Tho you could try finding her son
hes at the gun shop behind the mutant hunter HQ
Being sexually abused by the owner, whom youll have to kill

Lemming42

Arcane
I solved her quest, but when reporting her son's death to her I accidentally picked the most hilariously insensitive dialogue option and now she only cries and tells me to leave when I talk to her. Looks like I'm fucked. :negative:

How well are the normally sub-optimal for Fallout builds supported? Sounds like melee and unarmed are already a bit extra-gimped due to the armor change. Can you find/purchase Big Guns or decent thowing weapons early? Or is the God Build still Small Guns with your choice between being aimed or fast flavored?

Also, I assume Speech is still the God of non-combat skills. How prevalent are other checks? Any use for Barter or Gambling and stuff like that?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think energy weapons are probably best for a second playthrough, since you can find them in certain easily reached containers right at the start, and the final encounters either involve power armor or no fighting at all.

Lhynn

Arcane
Can someone clarify what anonym wants and what the empire stands for?

Because it sounds like the empire is xenophobic and anonym just wants to take over, no other motivation

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
How well are the normally sub-optimal for Fallout builds supported? Sounds like melee and unarmed are already a bit extra-gimped due to the armor change. Can you find/purchase Big Guns or decent thowing weapons early? Or is the God Build still Small Guns with your choice between being aimed or fast flavored?

Also, I assume Speech is still the God of non-combat skills. How prevalent are other checks? Any use for Barter or Gambling and stuff like that?
In my experience, speech are still op

Steal and lockpick is godly and snealk to some degree complement it well

Science and repair is useful, but only prevalent end game

Gambling seems useless, barter is useless too. You mostly (i think) just use it to get better reward in quest, and better at trading

First aid is kinda useless, and doctor, i only remember several checks or maybe just one.

As for combat skills, you should invest small guns and raise your "specialization" later on. And armors are really gimped, true

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Because it sounds like the empire is xenophobic and anonym just wants to take over, no other motivation
I dunno, but in the loyalist path
aran becoming emperor actually ended up in the walls being tore down and the empire living with amd accepting the resident of Albuquerque

I think energy weapons are probably best for a second playthrough, since you can find them in certain easily reached containers right at the start, and the final encounters either involve power armor or no fighting at all.

Well as far as I'm concerned Energy is just Small guns with a different death animation, so if throwing and Big Guns aren't viable I guess I'll just go Small.

In my experience, speech are still op

Steal and lockpick is godly and snealk to some degree complement it well

Science and repair is useful, but only prevalent end game

Gambling seems useless, barter is useless too. You mostly (i think) just use it to get better reward in quest, and better at trading

First aid is kinda useless, and doctor, i only remember several checks or maybe just one.

As for combat skills, you should invest small guns and raise your "specialization" later on. And armors are really gimped, true

Alright, sounds like its basically true to original Fallout balance then.

Though the Armor change makes a 300-unarmed HtH Evade build sound delightfully cheesy. Does the Tag! trick still work?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

She just wants power, I'm pretty sure. The whole "Anonym" persona was just constructed to make Aran look weak / eventually frame him as a terrorist, but I doubt it has much to do with her personal politics. Mind you, I never sided with "Anonym" to begin with, because I thought that his "rival" seemed like a nice and sensible lady. The whole "they're the same person!" realization was quite well done, I thought.

Lhynn

Arcane
She just wants power, I'm pretty sure. The whole "Anonym" persona was just constructed to make Aran look weak / eventually frame him as a terrorist, but I doubt it has much to do with her personal politics. Mind you, I never sided with "Anonym" to begin with, because I thought that his "rival" seemed like a nice and sensible lady. The whole "they're the same person!" realization was quite well done, I thought.
The quest was fine, but like a lot of things in this game it lacks polish and theres not much freedom in the game when it comes to quest lines. Like they havent been designed with reactivity in mind, just C&C.
For example i sniped Anonym when she held the emperor hostage and the both auto die and the battle that would follow is auto won. The emprah shoulda survived and i should have been the hero of the fucking kingdom.

laclongquan

Arcane
I think early game got a flamethrower at Corath.

Although, the problem of Energy weapon is pile of item on dead ass~ Not my cup of tea.

If we can manage flamethrower not burning target to ash we can have a viable build early.

Heh, I find it kind of funny that the modders went out of their way to create 3 new pre-built characters, and they all still suck pretty bad. 3 combat skills (2 redundant with each other and a third mostly useless)? Finesse without a tagged combat skill (also shit INT so your skill points will never let you raise a combat skill decently)? Good Natured on a character that already has the non-combat skills tagged, Sex Appeal on a man and again no tagged combat skill?

I get that they are archetypes, and no one wants three pre-builts who read as "This character is an accomplished brawler/thief/talker who also just happens to be a 9 INT/9 AGI gifted guns enthusiast", but nearly 2 decades after Fallout's release a modder dedicated to the game should be able to come up with archetypes that can work better within the system.

Bloodlust

Augur
I am about to finish my second playthrough but I still haven't found out this:

Where the hell is the unique p95 plasma rifle? My google-fu skills have failed me.Reason to want this is that it requires 1 less AP to fire than normal and turbo plasma rifle.

BTW I am not talking about the unique plasma canon the inteligent super mutant from mutant camp carries.The canon ,while extremely low accurate and needing like 8 str to function properly,can easily deliver 300+ hp crits in the eyes like peanuts.if only you manage to hit....

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
So I could have dumped cha? I chose it for the dialogue checks since I thought they linked that. Its only for companions (of which I still only have keri)?

Bloodlust

Augur
So I could have dumped cha? I chose it for the dialogue checks since I thought they linked that. Its only for companions (of which I still only have keri)?
Well at best ,you are going to have 2 human companions that fire guns and stuff. The dog companion ,mutt, well I found him worthless other than a meat shield.So a charisma of 4 is enough for me.When the time comes,I down 2 mentats (requires CHA 6) to get the leader perk (gives your companions +1 AP and +10 AC which is pretty good.) Further use of CHA in dialogue I have not seen anthing whorthwhile.

Last edited:
Just started half an hour ago and have already destroyed some poor dude's life because his son was a thief and I was on auto-pilot 'complete the quest' mode.

Feels bad, man. Goddamn it's good to play Fallout again.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well at best ,you are going to have 2 human companions that fire guns and stuff. The dog companion ,mutt, well I found him worthless other than a meat shield.So a charisma of 4 is enough for me.When the time comes,I down 2 mentats (requires CHA 6) to get the leader perk (gives your companions +1 AP and +10 AC which is pretty good.) Further use of CHA in dialogue I have not seen anthing whorthwhile.
Fucking lucy, the sheriff wife requires CHA 7, or sex appeal. The other option is bribing the guards at the entrance with psychos i think

So i just put down blaster with a Character with 50 in unarmed,fucked up his drugs, ate a psycho and a couple buffouts and it was overkill, he never stood a chance, even with my 35% hit chance, my kicks were making him fly over and over again.

Just started half an hour ago and have already destroyed some poor dude's life because his son was a thief and I was on auto-pilot 'complete the quest' mode.

Heh, I just caught that and did it the "right" way. Already happy that I chose Steal as my 3rd tag skill. Good to see quests like this so early.

Best of all you can also just steal it back and its worth a ton to sell. Walking out of the first town with over 1k worth in my inventory, feeling good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom