Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Cromwell

Arcane
Well at best ,you are going to have 2 human companions that fire guns and stuff. The dog companion ,mutt, well I found him worthless other than a meat shield.So a charisma of 4 is enough for me.When the time comes,I down 2 mentats (requires CHA 6) to get the leader perk (gives your companions +1 AP and +10 AC which is pretty good.) Further use of CHA in dialogue I have not seen anthing whorthwhile.
Fucking lucy, the sheriff wife requires CHA 7, or sex appeal. The other option is bribing the guards at the entrance with psychos i think

So i just put down blaster with a Character with 50 in unarmed,fucked up his drugs, ate a psycho and a couple buffouts and it was overkill, he never stood a chance, even with my 35% hit chance, my kicks were making him fly over and over again.

I tried fucking the sheriffs wife but she just tells me I am a robber and attacks me, I had about 100% speech and 9 cha. How did you do it? I even tried it with the sex appeal perk (via mutation) just to test if its possible.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Does this mod have all the good stuff from the FO1 restoration project? Is it compatible with that? FIXT I think the mod is called. Hopefully so.

Lhynn

Arcane
I tried fucking the sheriffs wife but she just tells me I am a robber and attacks me, I had about 100% speech and 9 cha. How did you do it? I even tried it with the sex appeal perk (via mutation) just to test if its possible.

Its just that you are filthy scum and shes a classy lady. So no, you cant do anything.

eXalted

Arcane
I am level 11 and...

just got the Power Armor in the mutant base and discovered who I am (great twist, loved it!). If I understand correctly, I am nearing the end or the game. Isn't my level too low? I have completed every quest until now (except I haven't challenged anyone on that ring because my unarmed is low and Keri also gets killed every time I try and I haven't done anything for the mutant heunters because they are full of shit) and I am nowhere near level 17 as some of you are. How did you collect so many experience?

Cromwell

Arcane
I am level 11 and...

just got the Power Armor in the mutant base and discovered who I am (great twist, loved it!). If I understand correctly, I am nearing the end or the game. Isn't my level too low? I have completed every quest until now (except I haven't challenged anyone on that ring because my unarmed is low and Keri also gets killed every time I try and I haven't done anything for the mutant heunters because they are full of shit) and I am nowhere near level 17 as some of you are. How did you collect so many experience?

Keri is definetly able to win in the ring. I am level 12 now and just helped the empire again with the hunter issue. Now I dont know what to do since I have no more places to go. Rgearding the power armor, it says against normal damage the dr is 40, armor piercing rounds reduce that by 50 so it gets negated, I read in this thread that these fuckers killed the damage treshold which explains why combat sucks even more than in normal fallout. Doe this mean that I could also go naked and would receive the same damage from armor piercing round like I get while wearing power armor?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am level 11 and...

keri wins if you (assuming this is the corath quest)

convince the doctor to jack up the super mutant's sedatives, making him alot weaker

Keri is definetly able to win in the ring. I am level 12 now and just helped the empire again with the hunter issue. Now I dont know what to do since I have no more places to go. Rgearding the power armor, it says against normal damage the dr is 40, armor piercing rounds reduce that by 50 so it gets negated, I read in this thread that these fuckers killed the damage treshold which explains why combat sucks even more than in normal fallout. Doe this mean that I could also go naked and would receive the same damage from armor piercing round like I get while wearing power armor?

According to http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_engine_calculations#Damage_and_combat_calculations, the power armor is completely worthless in that scenario. Adjusted damage resistance can't go negative (i.e. AP being able to increase damage against unarmored targets), so 0 DR is 0 DR and that's the lowest you can go.

Do you actually have no DT at all? I don't have higher tier armors yet but I have normal Leather Armor and I have 2 DT/35 DR vs. Normal with Toughness, which is normal for Fallout 2. Did the mod not get installed properly or something on my end? 0 DT and only 40 DR for Power Armor sounds disastrously weak though, might be better off this way lol. Does PA get some insanely high AC or something to compensate?

For what its worth Finesse's penalty is actually a bonus to DR of anything you shoot at, so if AP ammo is so much stronger than DR in Resurrection then Finesse's penalty effectively became meaningless.

Cromwell

Arcane

According to http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_engine_calculations#Damage_and_combat_calculations, the power armor is completely worthless in that scenario. Adjusted damage resistance can't go negative (i.e. AP being able to increase damage against unarmored targets), so 0 DR is 0 DR and that's the lowest you can go.

Do you actually have no DT at all? I don't have higher tier armors yet but I have normal Leather Armor and I have 2 DT/35 DR vs. Normal with Toughness, which is normal for Fallout 2. Did the mod not get installed properly or something on my end? 0 DT and only 40 DR for Power Armor sounds disastrously weak though, might be better off this way lol. Does PA get some insanely high AC or something to compensate?

For what its worth Finesse's penalty is actually a bonus to DR of anything you shoot at, so if AP ammo is so much stronger than DR in Resurrection then Finesse's penalty effectively became meaningless.

depends, I am only going by what was posted here, in the screen I still get dt/ dr (12/40) against normal displayed. I still get shredded to bits if I have people shooting at me. For example you may be ambushed in albuquerque if you join a certain faction and piss off another, I cant win this fight, not even in power armor. A crit from an uzi burst would one shot me. Maybe I remember it wrong from when I last played f2 which was aeons ago but in my memory I was a nearly indestructible tank by the point I had power armor and I tend to create my characters the same (more non combat oriented ).

I always played the first two fallouts alone without companions and I dont see how that would be possible here.

Black Angel

Arcane
i find nothing useful can be done woth salems unique items, they are just easter eggs/references.

As for talismans, yes there will be benefits to carry more than one. For example, you can sell them for money later
Damn, what a wasted opportunity. Oh well...

Now, I noticed that, after presumably finished all of the quests in New Hope, I've only reached Liked reputation. Is there anymore quests later in the game that could possibly allow us to be idolized there, or..?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i find nothing useful can be done woth salems unique items, they are just easter eggs/references.

As for talismans, yes there will be benefits to carry more than one. For example, you can sell them for money later
Damn, what a wasted opportunity. Oh well...

Now, I noticed that, after presumably finished all of the quests in New Hope, I've only reached Liked reputation. Is there anymore quests later in the game that could possibly allow us to be idolized there, or..?
yes

depends, I am only going by what was posted here, in the screen I still get dt/ dr (12/40) against normal displayed. I still get shredded to bits if I have people shooting at me. For example you may be ambushed in albuquerque if you join a certain faction and piss off another, I cant win this fight, not even in power armor. A crit from an uzi burst would one shot me. Maybe I remember it wrong from when I last played f2 which was aeons ago but in my memory I was a nearly indestructible tank by the point I had power armor and I tend to create my characters the same (more non combat oriented ).

I always played the first two fallouts alone without companions and I dont see how that would be possible here.

Well Fallout 2's AP ammo was balanced such that it was completely useless (F1's ammo modifiers flat out didn't work, which made JHP much weaker and AP much stronger). A Uzi (assuming you mean a 10mm SMG) can deal up to 12 damage. Now that should be completely stopped by 12 DT for non-crits (if the enemy is using JHP they could still deal minimal damage), but crits can still be mean. Crits that armor pierce divide both the DT and the DR by 5. And they can provide base damage multipliers as high as 4x (assuming they don't instant death kill you). Theoretically a max damage Crit JHP 10mm pistol bullet in Vanilla F2 could deal:

12 base damage * 2 (JHP) * 4 (eye crit w/ crit roll > 90) - 2 (power armor DT * 20%) * 66% (40% PA DR * 20% + 25% JHP DR) = 62ish damage depending on how the game rounds. Think I did all the math right. Note that a completely armorless person would take about 72 damage, so the power armor only reduced damage by about 10%. EDIT: Fixed, apparently the armor piercing effect doesn't pierce the fake DR added by JHP ammo.

Looking at Resurrection the JHP values are the same and the AP looks to be about right so that AP is generally about even against weak armor, slightly stronger against strong armor, and very strong against strong armor + psycho DR boosting to the 90 DR cap. I'm not sure how many enemies in F2 used AP but they were all effectively unable to damage anything wearing armor. Those enemies are substantially stronger in Resurrection.

However ANY crit that ignores armor is, well, ignoring almost all of your armor (80% to be exact). In those cases JHP rules and there is no difference between F2 and Resurrection, basically any hit can be an instant kill on a strong base damage roll even if it doesn't actually trigger the instant kill critical. There's a reason people say that aiming for the eyes is so powerful.

Another thing that might affect it is that I'm pretty sure difficulty alters the AI somehow and makes it go for more aimed shots (= much higher chances to crit). If you are playing on a harder difficulty now you'll find things substantially harder.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Just finished the game, big spoiler.

Is there any way to heal your condition with high medical or science? or are you doomed to die shortly after the end

Really loved the game, tho most of its questlines were just increasingly bigger rethreads of Killian Vs Gizmo. But with a lot less flexibility, choices were very much final and you couldnt even go talk to the other side to turn tables. Felt very much like a mod in that respect, tho a very enjoyable one.

laclongquan

Arcane
There's a open caravan route between New Hope and Sedit.

Aaaaaanyway, leveling tip. Leftover from Fallout2 but whatever.
You can steal multiple times in one setting to get steal xp: 10 times of bottlecaps got 299xp (1% steal) is the limit of xp gain.
Some people is easier to steal than other. Above example is the madam of Corant brothel. Also not consistently replicable for any specific target. This moment she's gullible but reload and she might just be 'orribly perceptive.
You can use beer or any -PE drugs on target to lower their perception. I find it help with New Hope's necklace quest. It works 40% of the time I think, and better on certain target than other.
I find that stealing doesnt work well enough in New Hope and Rat Hole, but pretty good in Sedit and Coranth. Level dependant?

Lhynn

Arcane
You can steal multiple times in one setting to get steal xp: 10 times of bottlecaps got 299xp (1% steal) is the limit of xp gain.
Some people is easier to steal than other. Above example is the madam of Corant brothel. Also not consistently replicable for any specific target. This moment she's gullible but reload and she might just be 'orribly perceptive.
You can use beer or any -PE drugs on target to lower their perception. I find it help with New Hope's necklace quest. It works 40% of the time I think, and better on certain target than other.
I find that stealing doesnt work well enough in New Hope and Rat Hole, but pretty good in Sedit and Coranth. Level dependant?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Steal

Long story short? always steal from the side or back, heavier items are harder to steal, and the victims own steal score makes it harder to steal from them.

Repressed Homosexual
I'm so happy of this game. I'm sure that for most of us it's a trip back in time. We thought that this kind of detailed and intricate RPG that faithfully emulated a system like GURPS was long dead.

It's been so long since I was compelled to play a game for long stretches of time, but this one I just couldn't stopped and played all day for a few days.

I'm nearly at the end now. Sincerely my biggest pet peeve is that like someone said, most of the quests center around faction disputes in town (by parties who are equally cruel to ordinary people anyway). There really are very few environments outside of towns to explore that are full of surprises. My impression is that making a lot of new unique environments located outside of towns would have required too many new art assets.

Honestly even though *that* one quest was really disgusting, in a sense it's a bit refreshing that this kind of content can be present in a PC game because the modders don't have to answer to anybody and have complete artistic freedom. And undoubtedly in a post-apocalyptic environment, there are surely people in power who would engage in that very thing. So these few elements that wouldn't have fit in a M rated game distributed at Wal-Mart I guess they add to the world.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly even though *that* one quest was really disgusting
which one?
Probably the paedo one.

Just finished, enjoyed it a lot. Was a fun fallout game, especially the early portions, probably enjoyed it more than 2 even. Unfortunately,

I didn't really like much from meeting Thomas onwards, ie the last area. Starting with Thomas's ridiculously long info dump, the silliness of the Rebirth project/The Saviour altogether and most characters in that area also having a lot of boring dialogue. Reminded me of the Enclave base in 2 really, didn't enjoy that much either.

Hit a few bugs in the area too. Talking to mimi only got me to the Saviour once, when I died and reloaded and tried again later after exploring the base more, it would fade to black and just stay like that. I picked up the Loner perk (I ditched my companions before heading there), but it didn't boost my stats. I later found that picking up a companion while I had the Loner perk gave me the 10% boost.

I also thought it was a bit disappointing how often non-combat skills other than speech seemed to pop up. I didn't tag any, and only raised Sci to 100 near the end, but didn't see many moments they'd be useful and had no trouble solving most problems.

Will probably play it again some time, pretty excellent mod.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Honestly even though *that* one quest was really disgusting
which one?
Probably the paedo one.

Just finished, enjoyed it a lot. Was a fun fallout game, especially the early portions, probably enjoyed it more than 2 even. Unfortunately,

I didn't really like much from meeting Thomas onwards, ie the last area. Starting with Thomas's ridiculously long info dump, the silliness of the Rebirth project/The Saviour altogether and most characters in that area also having a lot of boring dialogue. Reminded me of the Enclave base in 2 really, didn't enjoy that much either.

Hit a few bugs in the area too. Talking to mimi only got me to the Saviour once, when I died and reloaded and tried again later after exploring the base more, it would fade to black and just stay like that. I picked up the Loner perk (I ditched my companions before heading there), but it didn't boost my stats. I later found that picking up a companion while I had the Loner perk gave me the 10% boost.

I also thought it was a bit disappointing how often non-combat skills other than speech seemed to pop up. I didn't tag any, and only raised Sci to 100 near the end, but didn't see many moments they'd be useful and had no trouble solving most problems.

Will probably play it again some time, pretty excellent mod.
At least that one you are catchin the bad guy >_>

Unless there is a way t actually help the culprit.

Anyway, yeah, this demand a playtrough at least twice, though i can never restart a game immediately after finishing it.

The feeling of thrown back into level 1 after having so much powerful shit is kinda bad. I always need a cooldown before replaying a game

Viata

Arcane
I'm curious about how to starting the paedo quest?
Is it related to Felix? I did finish his quest, but it was thanks to me randomly searching the door behind the gun seller, not because someone told me to go there. :dealwithit:

valcik

Arcane
As for those character in the end-game location, I realized their names looks suspicious. Brian, Feargus, Leonard, Chris.. some serious names for such a stinky bunch of overaged ghouls, this can't be a coincidence!

:troll:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
So who and where are the recruitable companions? I'm at Albuquerque/Imperial City and I've only found the dog and Keri and neither of them is very good.

I'm loving the mod for far btw, has that Fallout 1/2 feel to it in many places. Combat is much more deadly but that's probably for the better, these faction fights would go on forever in regular Fallout. That 14mm SMG tears through power armor like it's nothing.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm curious about how to starting the paedo quest?
Is it related to Felix? I did finish his quest, but it was thanks to me randomly searching the door behind the gun seller, not because someone told me to go there. :dealwithit:
That's it. You talk to his mother in Imp City, then pump* a recruitment officer for info and go from there. Though he's dead when you get to him this way IME. Was he alive for you?

*I am very funny

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom