Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Eastwood

Educated
In stock Fallout, yes. In this one - not guaranteed, they changed a lot of stuff, so maybe create a build and check it out. Or just read the descriptions, they're accurate.
I just checked, it works. It's apparently a feature from SFall.
Thanks again!

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
And is there a boxing ring in the game? Because then I might go Unarmed instead of Melee.
Unarmed is legit, but speccing sneaking is obligatory and be ready to heal a lot. DT/DR in Resurrection are nerfed.
You won't be seeing any big guns until Albuquerque, thus hybrid unarmed/big guns may work just fine.
First half of the game Psycho is your friend - don't be shy to get high before every challenging fight.
And don't miss any opportunity to buy stimpacks. You'll really need them.

Last edited:

Eastwood

Educated
And is there a boxing ring in the game? Because then I might go Unarmed instead of Melee.
Unarmed is legit, but speccing sneaking is obligatory and be ready to heal a lot. DT/DR in Resurrection are nerfed.
You won't be seeing any big guns until Albuquerque, thus hybrid unarmed/big guns may work just fine.
First half of the game Psycho is your friend - don't be shy to get high before every challenging fight.
And don't miss any opportunity to buy stimpacks. You'll really need them.
Thanks, Willy! I'll keep it in mind.
Does qualifying for perks through the use of drugs still work, or is this something they changed?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Eastwood hey I just realized we're in Resurrection thread and not in Sonora thread. My replies applied to Sonora lol. I don't remember Resurrection, played it many years ago.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Eastwood
Well, if you survive the early ghoul's encounter with you close combat build and then the caravan's one, you're probably good to go but it'll probably require some reloading so save often...

Eastwood

Educated
Eastwood
Well, if you survive the early ghoul's encounter with you close combat build and then the caravan's one, you're probably good to go but it'll probably require some reloading so save often...
Yeah the early game was kind of difficult. The assault in Rat Hole required several reloads because I could not kill the SMG enemies quickly enough. The first ghoul ambush was also a challenge, but mutt and a little RNG saved me there.
But now that I'm in Sedit and have a SMG with 500 bullets, I can dish out huge amounts of damage. The deathclaws posed no problems for me. Still using Unarmed for normal enemies tho.
However, I find myself abusing Steal a lot. I think I'll really need those extra stimpaks and ammunition.

Eastwood

Educated
Is Sniper perk reasonably achievable in this game or is there not enough XP?
Because if not, I might skip Better Criticals this time. Without aimed shots I don't have a reliable way to get crits anyway.

Eastwood

Educated
Is Sniper perk reasonably achievable in this game or is there not enough XP?
Because if not, I might skip Better Criticals this time. Without aimed shots I don't have a reliable way to get crits anyway.
I had Slayer with melee char, so why not?
Good to know thanks. By skimming the thread I somehow got the impression that most folks did not get above lvl 15.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Which is better this or Nevada / Sonora?
Better to make your own decision but I completed this and couldn't be bothered to complete Nevada because I didn't like the fan-fic writing or the adventure game-esque quest design (pixel hunts to get the items needed to do what you want to do).

ironmask

Arbiter
Seems like the development for this mod is dead. I looked at their website and the last news update was in 2017. Even the devs don't use their forum for the game anymore. They don't reply to comments on the Moddb page either. Guess we should take the last update as the final product.

ironmask

Arbiter
A shame, this mod could use some bug fixing and some balancing issues could be fix too.

The Jester

Cipher
A extended soundtrack for Fallout 1.5 Resurrection has now been released!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-...ended-soundtrack-for-fallout-15-resurrection1

Extended soundtrack for Fallout 1.5 Resurrection. 11 new tracks + 3 remastered tracks from official composer Emitremmus.

Does anyone know what happened to this?

If anyone wants Extended soundtrack : https://www.mediafire.com/file/o1r5...ndtrack_for_Fallout_1.5_Resurrection.rar/file
Put the files in this path : Fallout 2\sound\music

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
Shit, I thought you were talking about the lack of an update. Good to know that the soundtrack is still around on the internet. I also wonder why it was taken down.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just wanted to try this, but after character creation I'm greeted by a blank grey screen. I'm using the GoG version of Fallout 2 on Windows 10. I tried playing around with the various graphic modes and resolutions, to no avail. Normal Fallout 2 runs just fine.

Any advice?

Alphons

Cipher
Do you get Resurrection intros and main menu?

During character creation do you have Resurrection's premade characters (Kyle, Alice and Winston)?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron

During character creation do you have Resurrection's premade characters (Kyle, Alice and Winston)?

I did see the new intro, haven't seen any new premade characters since I went straight to making my own. I'll check tomorrow if they are there.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron

Just checked, I only see the default Fallout 2 characters in the character creation screen.

Alphons

Cipher
Just checked, I only see the default Fallout 2 characters in the character creation screen.

That+ gray screen means that something's not installed properly.

I've had similar issue, but I also had default Fallout 2 intro and main screen.

Reinstalling both Fallout 2 (CD version) and Resurrection fixed it.

Also check out the readme, as your antivirus might mess something.
http://resurrection.cz/downloads/EN/fores_readme.txt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom