Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2 is way worse than I remember it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Now I want to replay it.... again. My issue is I have to keep making alts and end up playing the game for months in end RPing each alt to the end. I just can't dispose of a game after a single play through. I'm a severe Alt-o-holic.

There were mods? Patches? I somehow glossed over this. Partial homebrew remasters?

You know.... I wouldn't be adverse to the entire FO1-Tactic + Arcanum easy to master construction world.

Then again, I start thinking of mutant assets like No Remorse & No Regret and such games spliced together (even if the pixelation would probably be fucking way off) added to the mix.

Games too big? Never.

I never finished that Wasteland gameplay comparing all platforms. I tell ya, you never know what the hell they cut or add until you try different computers. I found that out just on Sword of Kadash, Realms of Darkness, Bard's Tale, Might & Magic I, Pool of Radiance and the Ultima Trilogy alone.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I will always be fond of Fallout 2, but will concede that the original is ultimately the superior game overall.

The excessive dark humor and absurdities don't necessarily devalue the experience for me, if anything it is a matter of mood because I find myself alternately attracted to both with equal enthusiasm. Certainly the original has a more coherent narrative focus; the wasteland also "feels" more desolate and mysterious, while the Master is unequivocally the most fascinating creature I've ever encountered in a video game. He is like an amalgam of childhood nightmares, hypnopompic marginalia and psychedelic overload, animated by zeal for a near-sighted, self-realized fatalism and the game even accounts for the opportunity to "win" through intellectual humiliation.

But I also think many aspects of the sequel are also brilliant, in particular Hakunin and the overall presentation of the reversion to archaic tribal mythologizing of "from the before times" from the grotesque, homogenized caricature of animistic shamanism that would inevitably arise from the ashes of this materialistic, soulless ur-culture. The Americana imagery of the suburban homes surrounded by the barren trunks of dead trees with "Results May Vary" set to the trumpet blares of a dixieland legend, followed by the ethereal drone of the encounter music, which sounds like the endless howling of blasted ghost impressions reminiscent of the horrifying sound of agonized souls doomed to eternal torments which Dante heard after passing beneath that immortal gateway. The fact that poetic genius like this even exists in a video game at all is exceptional; that it is experienced simultaneously with a chess playing scorpion and reference to the culminating line in the Blues Brothers elevates it to incomparable heights.

Medieval influenced sword and sorcery is the setting to which I find myself most attracted and always have, but Fallout is one of those rare exceptions that somehow transcends expectations and managed to get nearly everything as close to an idealized image of perfection as I believe any video game has ever achieved. It weds a brilliant lore and an alluring appeal to curiosity with unusually satisfying character creation variables and an excellent combat system that somehow never loses its appeal. The only real complaint I have with the game in retrospect is that the story does fall apart towards the end and as already mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no option to join the Enclave which is disappointing.

San Francisco is still entertaining regardless of how ridiculous it is (and perhaps even precisely because of it), but other than meeting the president the ending does not measure up to the anticipation that is built steadily across the games increasingly fascinating and bizarre locations. Exploring the different settlements and cults, witnessing how different political philosophies are realized, finding unexpected horrors in the wasteland &c are what make the game so incredible and although I do love the ending slides and the way in which consequences play out the actual final confrontation is dull and profoundly so when measured against its predecessor, of which in this regard it is only a poor simulacrum.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Honestly, if I enjoyed Fallout's art style, UI, and general feel of the gameplay (how your character moves on the screen, what it feels like to click and inspect things, initiate dialogue, etc), I bet I would really enjoy Fallout, even despite the shit combat and average writing. I just can't. IE games are better looking and feel more responsive/fluid than Fallout imo.

I have the unique opinion that the things you think are good are in fact bad, and the things you think are bad are in fact good. This is a worthwhile thing to discuss.

Also, as a corollary, your reasons for liking the wrong thing are themselves steeped in wrong logic.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
unseeingeye ok you got me with “hypnopompic”, that was a new one.

One good vocab add begets another: goniochromic.
Nice, not only is that a beautiful word but it denotes a gorgeous phenomenon.

I actually experienced recurring hypnopompic visual and auditory hallucinations under sleep paralysis regularly for a large part of my life, with the first occurrence at eight years old, many years before I was to discover that it happened to other people and that I wasn't losing my mind. The hypnagogic variety is, I believe the more common, and certainly I've experienced it as well but for whatever reason it is on coming out of sleep that grips me most often.

The hallucinations are frighteningly realistic and there has also been two instances during which I experienced the phenomenon of false awakening multiple times in a row, to where when I genuinely woke up I was terrified that I was going to suddenly realize that I was still dreaming and "wake up" again. It took me probably 10 or 15 minutes endured in near manic hysteria to settle down and acknowledge that I'd truly woken up. I'd never been so afraid in my entire life and cannot relay in words how absolutely awful that sensation was, but the dreams were indistinguishable from waking and I had no way of confirming which state I was in.

The only other circumstances which approached it in intensity were a few psilocybin mushroom overloads one of which I fell into convulsions and afterwards got stuck in a time loop of several-second instances that kept repeating, but the intoxication mitigates the ferocity of psychic malevolence (by which I do not mean to include hyper-sensitivity, enhanced haptic and perceptual synesthesia) whereas when sober a sudden onset of acute mental aberration can be more alarming.

A very interesting subcategory of folklore has developed around the paralysis phenomenon throughout history and is many cultures, with the most readily recognized variety being that of the "hag" and the many medieval records detailing accounts of people waking during the middle of the night to find an old woman sitting on their chest gazing intently into their eyes and preventing them from breathing, and you can find references to it in literature as diverse as the seventeenth century sui generis medical text Anatomy of Melancholy by Robert Burton to the fifteenth century inquisitorial summa Malleus Maleficarum by Kramer and Sprenger.

I've even encountered what I believe to be (albeit less overt) references to it in ancient literature including the Papyri Graecae Magicae and the works of Galen. Besides experiencing it in my early adolescence it didn't become regular until my teenage years, during which time I developed a heroin addiction that lasted until I was nearly thirty (I have over 7 years clean now), and opiates greatly exacerbate it. Morphine, or in its natural multi-alkaloid state as opium, has for millennia been associated with dreaming and the internal visionary properties of imagination, and as such will perturb the onset of most sleep disorders. Anyway I've gone far off topic and need to control my verbosity, my apologies.

Honestly, if I enjoyed Fallout's art style, UI, and general feel of the gameplay (how your character moves on the screen, what it feels like to click and inspect things, initiate dialogue, etc), I bet I would really enjoy Fallout, even despite the shit combat and average writing. I just can't. IE games are better looking and feel more responsive/fluid than Fallout imo.
Very interesting position given that Underrail is uglier (despite being directly inspired by Fallout and still in development), UI is a mess, writing is merely passable, story is a bloody shart cliffhanger and overall more aimless & pointless to-do than Fallout 1 and 2 put together. I guess I can see why you like Underrail since lore&writing take a backseat in the shortbus to endless combat with very few exceptions

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Everything that ItsChon said is the direct opposite of how I feel about those games, its remarkable to me how far apart aesthetic preferences can range while yet adhering to within certain fundamental parameters.

For instance the combat in Fallout is one of the only pseudo-isometric view turn based implementations of it that I not only enjoy, but find myself thoroughly engaged by, the qualia of how it feels to click and inspect things, to issue commands &c is addictive. The death animations are so well designed and the sensation of hearing that scream and the sound of an automatic burst fire as bullets tear the body to shreds almost mimics the intravenous delivery rapid-onset narcotics. Other games with a derivative approach to violent encounters somehow miss whatever that coincident sum of components ought to be called and as such fail to capture attention along with it.

grimer

Learned
For instance the combat in Fallout is one of the only pseudo-isometric view turn based implementations of it that I not only enjoy, but find myself thoroughly engaged by, the qualia of how it feels to click and inspect things, to issue commands &c is addictive. The death animations are so well designed and the sensation of hearing that scream and the sound of an automatic burst fire as bullets tear the body to shreds almost mimics the intravenous delivery rapid-onset narcotics. Other games with a derivative approach to violent encounters somehow miss whatever that coincident sum of components ought to be called and as such fail to capture attention along with it.
combat = combat system + encounter design + mechanics/ruleset (and ai ofc but very few rpgs actually implement this well)
NOT animations + sound effects + the tactile sensation you feel when clicking with your mouse

fallout has a decent combat system (isometric turn based with action point management and locational targeting). however, the lackluster encounter design and a couple of overlooked mechanics drag down combat as a whole. every encounter in fallout requires the same tactic: shoot the eyes, which can be done with reliable accuracy starting from level 5-6 especially when there are only a handful of skills that are worth investing points into. there is not much incentive to cripple an enemy's arm/leg when shooting their eyes can kill them instantly with the same crit roll or at the very least blind them with a low roll. there is also no reason to use armor piercing rounds since crits bypass armor anyway. combat does become slightly more tactical with a burst fire build because you have to find the right position to unload your clip but there is still not enough tactical variation to keep it engaging.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
combat = combat system + encounter design + mechanics/ruleset (and ai ofc but very few rpgs actually implement this well)
NOT animations + sound effects + the tactile sensation you feel when clicking with your mouse

fallout has a decent combat system (isometric turn based with action point management and locational targeting). however, the lackluster encounter design and a couple of overlooked mechanics drag down combat as a whole. every encounter in fallout requires the same tactic: shoot the eyes, which can be done with reliable accuracy starting from level 5-6 especially when there are only a handful of skills that are worth investing points into. there is not much incentive to cripple an enemy's arm/leg when shooting their eyes can kill them instantly with the same crit roll or at the very least blind them with a low roll. there is also no reason to use armor piercing rounds since crits bypass armor anyway. combat does become slightly more tactical with a burst fire build because you have to find the right position to unload your clip but there is still not enough tactical variation to keep it engaging.
I was referring to the whole package, but specifically remarking how much I enjoy the presentation as it is the highlight for me in response to the previous posters comment.

The encounter design is comparably lackluster to other games but it is varied enough and tactical enough to keep me engaged evidently as I've been regularly replaying the games since 1998 and only vary from the maximal archetype when bored.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very interesting position given that Underrail is uglier (despite being directly inspired by Fallout and still in development),
Yeah because this,
fallout.jpg

fallout-2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

shacknews-fallout-oral-history_feature.jpg
looks better than this.
de931bcef41b25a65a2f01e0b4200c08e4b0e8fadafc72f7a6cf39acf64178af.jpg

4132fd5ae1bdbe7f506fe4a51a66003e7faa116de207b06aa6c4f850637d45d9.jpg

ss_56f68d9a5885e19689fdc6d5cf812719ed745692.1920x1080.jpg

f2c991e22fe20d960ad9b3489d848b483c13b45f9a7d3678c94ef046e5149567.jpg
These are the first couple screenshots found by google searching each game. Fallout's biggest problem is the horrendous color palette they've used. Everything looks so fucking dry and lifeless, it's depressing. Just because it's a desert doesn't mean everything has to be shit brown. The actual art style would be fine, as I think most of the way things are drawn in the game are actually really nice...except for the buildings. Way too many maps are collections of boxes and it's so fucking sad, as the maps where they actually branch off from that look pretty damn good (aside from the color palette which is usually still shit). I don't mind rectangles, obviously most buildings are quadrilaterals, but the way they look in the game just feels cheap and amateurish.
UI is a mess
LOL. Yeah, because the Fallout UI, where you have to click through a rolodex of every single item in your inventory to get to something is much better. Underrail's UI is extremely easy to use, understand, and fits in stylistically with the rest of the game's design. One might perhaps make the argument that it could be done up a little to be a bit more artistic/ornate, but I personally like it the way it is. Whatever though, that's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Whatever you want to say about its look, Underrail undeniably has a more functional UI than Fallout, and if you disagree you're either a retarded fanboy or played the game when it was first released, as the game has been heavily improved upon since then.
writing is merely passable
The writing and lore in Underrail far exceeds that of Fallout 1. The difference between Underrail and Fallout is that Underrail communicates its lore in subtle ways that reward you for being attentive and finding out more and more about the game. There was nothing in Fallout that stood out to me, and I found most of the locations and characters to be rather surface level and not particularly gripping. Admittedly I couldn't stick the game out to get to the very end where I'm sure things started to pick up, but I saw enough of the game for me to make judgment.
story is a bloody shart cliffhanger and overall more aimless & pointless to-do than Fallout 1 and 2 put together.
Underrail's story isn't a cliffhanger. Just because the end of the game sets up an extension to the story doesn't mean that the actual plot isn't resolved in a satisfying way. It's a good thing for somethings to remain mysterious, as it adds to the overall mystique and world building of a game's setting. I fail to see how Fallout 1's glorified fetch quest or Fallout 2's save the village quest (the village is shit and boring. I have no reason to give a fuck about it) is more gripping than Underrail's main quest lmao.
I guess I can see why you like Underrail since lore&writing take a backseat in the shortbus to endless combat with very few exceptions
You're just saying unsubstantiated shit at this point. Underrail places a heavy emphasis on lore and writing. Fallout has tons of combat as well, the only reason people gloss over the tis because the combat isn't very good. Ask anyone who has played both games, even people that prefer FO over Underrail. Lore and writing do not take a backseat when compared to Underrail.
For instance the combat in Fallout is one of the only pseudo-isometric view turn based implementations of it that I not only enjoy, but find myself thoroughly engaged by, the qualia of how it feels to click and inspect things, to issue commands &c is addictive.
I wish my bar was as low as yours. The combat in Fallout is braindead easy and entirely surface level, and I'll be honest when I say I wasn't impressed at all with the tactical feelback and quail of how it feels. That's actually my main issue, as I've played plenty of games with subpar combat and the like, but if I can appreciate the things you described it'll be fine. Trouble is, it feels like shit. Oh well.
The death animations are so well designed and the sensation of hearing that scream and the sound of an automatic burst fire as bullets tear the body to shreds almost mimics the intravenous delivery rapid-onset narcotics.
EVERYONE brings up these fucking death animations and I'm so tired of hearing it. You see all of them before the game is over and it's literally the most insignificant thing ever. imagine having to praise death animations instead of tactical depth, build diversity, and so on.

Whatever, even if you enjoy Fallout, I can't imagine thinking Fallout is better than Underrail. Blind nostalgia really is a powerful drug.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I for one didn't say anything about Underrail, my opinion on that game isn't properly formed (although it leans positive from what I know). I've only played the game for a few hours when it was recently released, saw immediately that it was going to demand the exclusion of other comparably complicated games (I'm no longer capable of mastering multiple systems on top of the dozen or so books I'm constantly moving between and my actual life) and haven't gotten around to getting serious about it yet as I'm in getting through others on my list for far longer.

Anyway the combat in Fallout is engaging to me for what it is in a game I don't play primarily for combat; notice I have not praised its tactical depth or difficulty, I praised the subjective qualia of interacting with its aesthetic presentation. There is a key word there presupposed by implication that is apparently flown lower than my bar.

Edit - Apparently it was noticed, my mistake - my larger point still stands. Sorry, just woke up and being lumped in at the end of that breakdown threw me off a bit.

Last edited:

Valdetiosi

Scholar
The death animations are so well designed and the sensation of hearing that scream and the sound of an automatic burst fire as bullets tear the body to shreds almost mimics the intravenous delivery rapid-onset narcotics.
EVERYONE brings up these fucking death animations and I'm so tired of hearing it. You see all of them before the game is over and it's literally the most insignificant thing ever. imagine having to praise death animations instead of tactical depth, build diversity, and so on.

Because they are cool? Doesn't need more depth than that. In fact I would have loved to see if such things could had been replicated in 3D, but most opt for lame ragdolling.

Smerlus

Educated
I've never had a good playthrough of Fallout 2. The original time I played it, I remember there was an annoying bug but I can't remember what it was. It plagued me throughout the entire game but I pushed through because I enjoyed what I was playing.

I played through it again about 7 or 8 years ago and ran into another frustrating bug where my party members would unequip any of the weapons they came with or that I gave them and would just try to bare knuckle box all the enemies. I continued the playthrough but didn't really enjoy it.

Cazzeris

There were many moments in Fallout 2 that felt ultimately pointless, and just as many points of underdeveloped brilliance. Not too distant from the evolution brought by Doom 2

I blame lack of vision. And yes, even wacky RPG sequels require vision to avoid wasting your time

I've never had a good playthrough of Fallout 2. The original time I played it, I remember there was an annoying bug but I can't remember what it was. It plagued me throughout the entire game but I pushed through because I enjoyed what I was playing.

I played through it again about 7 or 8 years ago and ran into another frustrating bug where my party members would unequip any of the weapons they came with or that I gave them and would just try to bare knuckle box all the enemies. I continued the playthrough but didn't really enjoy it.
sounds like a combination of running out of ammo and having bad combat settings

Yeah because this,
fallout.jpg

fallout-2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

shacknews-fallout-oral-history_feature.jpg
looks better than this.
de931bcef41b25a65a2f01e0b4200c08e4b0e8fadafc72f7a6cf39acf64178af.jpg

4132fd5ae1bdbe7f506fe4a51a66003e7faa116de207b06aa6c4f850637d45d9.jpg

ss_56f68d9a5885e19689fdc6d5cf812719ed745692.1920x1080.jpg

f2c991e22fe20d960ad9b3489d848b483c13b45f9a7d3678c94ef046e5149567.jpg
These are the first couple screenshots found by google searching each game. Fallout's biggest problem is the horrendous color palette they've used. Everything looks so fucking dry and lifeless, it's depressing. Just because it's a desert doesn't mean everything has to be shit brown. The actual art style would be fine, as I think most of the way things are drawn in the game are actually really nice...except for the buildings. Way too many maps are collections of boxes and it's so fucking sad, as the maps where they actually branch off from that look pretty damn good (aside from the color palette which is usually still shit). I don't mind rectangles, obviously most buildings are quadrilaterals, but the way they look in the game just feels cheap and amateurish.

LOL. Yeah, because the Fallout UI, where you have to click through a rolodex of every single item in your inventory to get to something is much better. Underrail's UI is extremely easy to use, understand, and fits in stylistically with the rest of the game's design. One might perhaps make the argument that it could be done up a little to be a bit more artistic/ornate, but I personally like it the way it is. Whatever though, that's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Whatever you want to say about its look, Underrail undeniably has a more functional UI than Fallout, and if you disagree you're either a retarded fanboy or played the game when it was first released, as the game has been heavily improved upon since then.

The writing and lore in Underrail far exceeds that of Fallout 1. The difference between Underrail and Fallout is that Underrail communicates its lore in subtle ways that reward you for being attentive and finding out more and more about the game. There was nothing in Fallout that stood out to me, and I found most of the locations and characters to be rather surface level and not particularly gripping. Admittedly I couldn't stick the game out to get to the very end where I'm sure things started to pick up, but I saw enough of the game for me to make judgment.

Underrail's story isn't a cliffhanger. Just because the end of the game sets up an extension to the story doesn't mean that the actual plot isn't resolved in a satisfying way. It's a good thing for somethings to remain mysterious, as it adds to the overall mystique and world building of a game's setting. I fail to see how Fallout 1's glorified fetch quest or Fallout 2's save the village quest (the village is shit and boring. I have no reason to give a fuck about it) is more gripping than Underrail's main quest lmao.

You're just saying unsubstantiated shit at this point. Underrail places a heavy emphasis on lore and writing. Fallout has tons of combat as well, the only reason people gloss over the tis because the combat isn't very good. Ask anyone who has played both games, even people that prefer FO over Underrail. Lore and writing do not take a backseat when compared to Underrail.

I wish my bar was as low as yours. The combat in Fallout is braindead easy and entirely surface level, and I'll be honest when I say I wasn't impressed at all with the tactical feelback and quail of how it feels. That's actually my main issue, as I've played plenty of games with subpar combat and the like, but if I can appreciate the things you described it'll be fine. Trouble is, it feels like shit. Oh well.

Whatever, even if you enjoy Fallout, I can't imagine thinking Fallout is better than Underrail. Blind nostalgia really is a powerful drug.

cherrypicking, wall of text, appealing to yourself - just generally coping & seething - all that's left for you to do is dilate :lol: on the point of inventory the underrail window is egregious with its tiny icons - its famously terrible, styg just refuses to do anything about it

Fallout's biggest problem is the horrendous color palette they've used. Everything looks so fucking dry and lifeless, it's depressing
As opposed to Underrails endless brown/grey caves and grey subway color scheme? Go fucking figure, the DESERT WASTELAND is mostly dry and lifeless.

Underrail undeniably has a more functional UI than Fallout, and if you disagree you're either a retarded fanboy or played the game when it was first released, as the game has been heavily improved upon since then.
Denied - what now? You are obviously the retarded fanboy here and the game has barely changed in the 6 or so years since i first played it, not counting builds. How its possible for Underrail to have the most autistic zoomie fanbase is beyond me - considering the game has been in development since like 2009 it's shockingly bad, especially considering the direct influences.
The writing and lore in Underrail far exceeds that of Fallout 1
Underrail barely has either, the only actual interesting areas is the Godmen fortress and the final areas before Tchort where you find all the terminals. Expedition is completely pointless unless you like running around aimlessly for no real reason - but i guess you get a little more of your precious color?
Story in Underrail is completely optional and you can miss all of it unless you specifically go looking for it - you also have barely any c&c the entire game through - it's just pointless forced combat encounters until the end, where, dun dun, you're forced to niggerkill the evil alien and if you decide to keep the cube the _excellent writing_ forces you to give it up anyway. This would be less annoying if the story actually went anywhere but a cliffhanger with no progress in sight.
I found most of the locations and characters to be rather surface level and not particularly gripping
Feel free to list the "plethora" of interesting locations and gripping characters in Underrail then :roll:
Underrail's story isn't a cliffhanger. Just because the end of the game sets up an extension to the story doesn't mean that the actual plot isn't resolved in a satisfying way.
You lose the cube no matter what - Hadrian gets away and is a Godman - no resolution, just more questions & stay tuned for the next episode - Textbook cliffhanger ending. Feel free to point out what part of this is satisfying.
I fail to see how Fallout 1's glorified fetch quest or Fallout 2's save the village quest (the village is shit and boring. I have no reason to give a fuck about it) is more gripping than Underrail's main quest lmao
As opposed to the glorified fetch quest of the Cube or how to save the shitboring metro station you start in?
You're just saying unsubstantiated shit at this point
You're just kneejerk pavlovian sperging that someone dared mention anything less than positive about zoomies first iso RPG
Underrail places a heavy emphasis on lore and writing
LMao again, the lore is completely missable whether you know it on first playthrough or not and the writing barring a couple exceptions is no more than passable. Feel free to point out this amazing writing though, it must be bursting from the seems after all.
Fallout has tons of combat as well, the only reason people gloss over the tis because the combat isn't very good.
Fallout despite being 15 years older doesn't force you to commit genocide on every loading screen to progress, which is the whole point. Underrail isn't referred to as murderhobo simulator without reason. As far as combat the systems are basically identical, Underrail just has cringe shit like mind-lazer beams and worse animations. Again - terrible spritework despite being 15 years newer. In fact, Underrail looks a lot like Habbo Hotel. You also specifically mentioned Fallout death animations as being some sort of negative thing whereas in Underrail everyone dies with an identical animation, slipping over a banana peel.
Ask anyone who has played both games
You're talking to em
I wish my bar was as low as yours.
If your bar was any lower, it'd be on the floor nigga!
The combat in Fallout is braindead easy and entirely surface level
As opposed to Underrail? You click on mooks and they die - that's all there is to it in the end. What exactly is so big brain and high IQ about Underrail here? You can't even aim at specific body parts, something that was included in a game 15 years older.
tactical feelback
Of what? There's basically no feedback to combat in Underrail, just floating numbers and the same banana peel slip animation the entire game through. If you like spreadsheet gameplay that much there are other games for you to fanboy.

:dealwithit:

Smerlus

Educated

Nah. It was my 2nd playthrough. Initially I didn't try to tweak the AI and Sulik would unequip his melee weapons and try to duke it out with enemies.

I then tried to tweak the parry members and it didn't do anything.

Jigby

Augur

Nah. It was my 2nd playthrough. Initially I didn't try to tweak the AI and Sulik would unequip his melee weapons and try to duke it out with enemies.

I then tried to tweak the parry members and it didn't do anything.
Didn't he just use spiked knuckles? The animation is identical to unarmed and it is the strongest "non-gun" weapon in the early game. Also another thing to check is whether they're not injured. I remember one time Sulik refusing to fight and me being furious - turns out he was just blind. I don't blame him.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

LOL... the fallout death scenes get an Age Restriction (watch it on youtube). Couldn't find a tactics or arcanum compilation.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Crusader missed the opportunity to have a good TB game (same with U8)

Essentially becomes/IS a puzzle game. Pity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom