Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 - Codex Opinions Thread

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Where did you find that kick-ass revolver? I need one of those.

Melcar

Arcane
corky842 said:
He's dead, but he's still standing there.
ScreenShot0.jpg

That's a weird and silly pose to have. And, is that his head? ZOMBIES!!!!

elander_

Arbiter
Wtf that's the most stupid thing in the world to put a riffle scope in a magnum pistol. I can't even imagine myself getting that scope close to my face and be able to fire the gun properly.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
You can blow every single fucking limb off of your enemies if you want to. I predict that I'm going to see millions of heads explode before the game is over.

I just reached Rivet City where Liam Neesons assistant tells me my dad was here but I just missed him. She asks me not to follow my dad. Boom, dialogue option: Where did he go? Oh, my old lab downtown. Thanks, I'll make sure to not go there.

Jesus crotchgrabbing Christ, if I knew this was what we were getting, I would have been happy with "rumors" and "dad."

corky842

Novice
Nicolai said:
It's a "Scoped .44 Magnum" and I can't remember where I found it.
edit: Billy Creel (the child molester or something?) has one.

uhjghvt

Scholar
bethesda's writers are complete morons

350nfjn.jpg

you have to actually be smart to write dialog that sounds like someone smart is saying it, when you rewrite a sentence with a thesaurus it just comes out sounding like awkward nonsense. too bad they couldn't find someone smart to write this for them!

el8px1.jpg

SECRET BETHESDA DIALOG WRITING TIP: if you can't think of anything insightful to write for an [Intelligence] line, just make the other choices dumber instead

286pno.jpg

yeah ok

uhjghvt

Scholar
sq13l4.jpg

this document does not exist, the US never declared war on germany, it was germany that declared war on the US and the US never reciprocated (and didn't need to)

lrn2history, shitheads

MetalCraze

Arcane
As much as I don't like to do it - I have to give a credit for Bethesda for perfectly knowing how dumb their fanbase is. What is even more ironic - bethtards won't even notice that Beth just called them dumb straight in their face.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
corky842 said:
Nicolai said:
It's a "Scoped .44 Magnum" and I can't remember where I found it.
edit: Billy Creel (the child molester or something?) has one.

Ah, OK. The name Billy Creel sounds familiar.. I'll keep an eye out for him.

--

Anyone know where to find a motorcycle handbrake? It's the last part I need for my burning sword.

Deleted member 7219

How good is Fallout 3 from a 'I just wanna fuck around in a post-apoc setting' kind of way?

DiverNB

Liturgist
Mister Arkham said:
Matt7895 said:
How good is Fallout 3 from a 'I just wanna fuck around in a post-apoc setting' kind of way?

Not bad if you've got a machine to run it. The world is seriously overcrowded though. It makes STALKER look like a ghost town.

Well, to be honest, I'm glad they filled it with something because walking around with just the environments would have been much worse. There's not a whole lot to look at / explore. Almost 70% of the buildings are boarded up.

Aside from that though, there are quite a few locations in the game, and the play area is rather large itself. So some positives and some negatives.

Suchy

Arcane
You can add original Fallout music to data\music folder (and remove the shitty orchestral combat tracks). Gets kind of... better.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Fallout 3 is a giant penis raping me in the ass: I kinda like it, but I know it ain't right.

For example, Bethesda got the environment down well (aside from how tiny the "world map" is) but dialogue sucks. I have a feeling they basically turned their oblivion-style, one-word dialogue options into dimwit sentences, and threw in an extra few dialogue options of no consequence: In Rivet city, for one, once the player discovers that so-and-so has a drug addiction, speaking to other NPCs shows a new dialogue option:
"Hey, did you know so-and-so is addicted to someshit?"
to which the NPC responds, "blah blah blah too bad, such a nice guy," and any further development ends right there. Like wtf? Space-filler much? This sort of shit makes me feel as if Bethesda added it as an afterthought and at the last minute.

And whoever said you could beat the game without killing anything but a radroach must have been on some grade-A quality crack, because, unless you enjoy painstakingly bypassing every. single. lump of raider-infested ruin, you'll end up giving up. Hell, you could even have bypassed all of the enemies in Duke Nukem 3D with only killing the final bosses, but the game wasn't meant to be played that way.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't there a segment where you've gotta grab the fatman and nuke the behemouth, or does he eventually die from the brotherhood guys or get bored and leave?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I killed him with my assault rifle, ducking and covering. Thank god for unkillable npcs with infinite energy ammo. I didn't even know about the nuke, because only after I had killed him did I get the quest to pick it up. Of course, that's how you were supposed to handle the situation in the first place... I NEED MY QUEST COMPASS TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO AT ALL TIMES!! :wink:

edit: btw, I'm now really super awesomely nice so random people come up to me and give me stuff for free.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Matt7895 said:
I just played through Vault 101. I don't remember laughing so hard at any other game.
You can shoot people's heads off with small pistol, looks absolutely hillarious. Interaction with NPC is also very fun, with lots of illogical and retarded dialogue options.
It's a huge improvement over boredom that was Oblivion's opening.
If entire game is like that it might be pretty entertaining in "so bad it's good" way.
Still sucks as RPG though, but we knew this all the time.

darthdarther

Novice
Hamster said:
Matt7895 said:
I just played through Vault 101. I don't remember laughing so hard at any other game.
You can shoot people's heads off with small pistol, looks absolutely hillarious. Interaction with NPC is also very fun, with lots of illogical and retarded dialogue options.
It's a huge improvement over boredom that was Oblivion's opening.
If entire game is like that it might be pretty entertaining in "so bad it's good" way.
Still sucks as RPG though, but we knew this all the time.

You could blow people's midsections out in the previous Fallouts with pistols, too, if I recall correctly.

Rosh

Erudite
darthdarther said:
You could blow people's midsections out in the previous Fallouts with pistols, too, if I recall correctly.

Except in Sellout 3, it seems that the Bloody Mess perk is always on, because to do so otherwise normally in Fallout 1/2 you needed a "pistol" like a sawed off .223 rifle.

darthdarther

Novice
Rosh said:
darthdarther said:

Except in Sellout 3, it seems that the Bloody Mess perk is always on, because to do so otherwise normally in Fallout 1/2 you needed a "pistol" like a sawed off .223 rifle.

I used no other pistol but the magnum because it was so badassed, especially with Magnus' Weapons Redone mod, and got gory kills half the time.

Slobbergoat

Novice
As far as I can tell, as long as a bullet weapon can cause a critical it can cause bodily explosions; even the BB gun (Red Ryder LE and normal) can cause the "half my torso fell off" death animation.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
dear gods of the abyss, i just found the ufo crash encounter. wtf were they thinking?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom