Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Queued
If someone kill the Bugs and make the Engine stability more like Fallout Engine than why not.

hexer Who can the Player join which Factions in game or only the Brotherhood.

Last edited:

hexer

Bros, I work as a Java programmer but I am very experienced with C and C++ so I could squash some bugs if I get access to the source code. I am communicating with developers to see what can be done.

I'm not saying there won't be any problems but I've been digging through the engine files and I can see a lot has been exposed regardless of access to the source code. They have also converted all Van Buren 3D creatures from tech demo into the engine. Then there is also this: http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_armors_development_tracker

Also, their development tools blow out of the water anything we have for FO2. For example I would have to rely on Notepad to edit Worldmap but they have this:

Y6mHF1l.jpg

Also they have the tool to turn this:

9DhNs9.png

into this:

sAfJwi.png

This will speed the development immensely. The team will also sleep better knowing that Zenimax's agents are not tracing their movements.

If someone kill the Bugs and make the Engine stability more like Fallout Engine than why not.

hexer Who can the Player join which Factions in game or only the Brotherhood.

Writers will give you a better answer to that.

hexer

The Russian People are the best Programmers not only in Fallout in all other games good Mods and Tools come from them.

Yes, I wish my company worked with Russian or Japanese programmers but instead we have to work with Indian programmers. They're not that bad but boy are they slow and expensive.

hexer

I have the Russian version and I even think a few art items in our game are from their mod.

Queued
we will you make the War between NCR and Brotherhood will they fight for Points or like Fallout 1 stays in Their bunker and Cities?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
By this point in the Fallout timeline the Brotherhood has lost the NCR-BoS War, IIRC. So yea, they stay in their secret bunker.

That is, the main branch of BoS does...

Queued
weak i hope here that will change i hate the Ncr.The Guys who makes the NCR wins are Idiots.Or Make that the Enclave will Risen and destroy that Whole Wasteland hahahahah

Really i hope in Game the Player can Destroy the NCR,like Supermutants in Fallout 1 and Enclave in Fallout 2.

but i not Wonder that Brotherhood loses in Fallout 1 they do nothing in Fallout 2 they do nothing.Only in Fallout Tactics the Brotherhood is very mighty but this is the new Brotherhood.

Trephs

Novice
"The Guys who makes the NCR wins are Idiots." - unombigiously, thanks for the words of wisdom.
"Or Make that the Enclave will Risen and destroy that Whole Wasteland hahahahah" - and even new intelligent plot beating van buren's by all parameters, bravo, Kane Vollstrecker!

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

I'll take this opportunity to talk a little about something we're going to include in the game, and thereby shift this topic away from shitflinging:

Background perk.

Instead of just the Guilty/Innocent perk originally planned by Black Isle, the perk is going to split into a far wider array of options on the Innocent side (Criminal remains one background option, and probably the one with most effect in the game). It's basically an answer to what I for one considered to be a nagging problem in New Vegas with its less-defined protagonist background: Namely, the question of WHERE you come from. Fallout 1 and 2 (and 3, you have to admit) had a nice and tight origin that did add a little spice to the whole. So in this, we're going to try and fix that by giving you a tiny bit of background you can choose during the intro sequence at Tibbets. The idea for each background perk is that you have a selection of classic and Van Buren locations you make your choice from (or the Criminal perk), and each will have minor effect on the game since in the form of related flavour dialogue and sometimes a map marker. Here's a list of some the possible perks as the origin point in the Wasteland for the Prisoner that wakes up in Cell Block 13:

1) Navarro (Enclave)
2) Arroyo
3) Dog Town
4) L.A. Boneyard
5) New Canaan
6) Vault City
7) New Reno
8) Hub
9) Brotherhood

This is not going to be all of them, mind you. Given how this feature is largely just a matter of writer coordination/stamina, the current goal is set at 19+1 choices. Popular requests accepted. Make note that the further away from Colorado-Arizona-Utah region Van Buren is set in, the less the perk will affect in-game (the perk is aimed to affect the location directly related to the background, ie New Canaan background has stuff in Jericho).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll take this opportunity to talk a little about something we're going to include in the game, and thereby shift this topic away from shitflinging:

Background perk.

Instead of just the Guilty/Innocent perk originally planned by Black Isle, the perk is going to split into a far wider array of options on the Innocent side (Criminal remains one background option, and probably the one with most effect in the game). It's basically an answer to what I for one considered to be a nagging problem in New Vegas with its less-defined protagonist background: Namely, the question of WHERE you come from. Fallout 1 and 2 (and 3, you have to admit) had a nice and tight origin that did add a little spice to the whole. So in this, we're going to try and fix that by giving you a tiny bit of background you can choose during the intro sequence at Tibbets. The idea for each background perk is that you have a selection of classic and Van Buren locations you make your choice from (or the Criminal perk), and each will have minor effect on the game since in the form of related flavour dialogue and sometimes a map marker. Here's a list of some the possible perks as the origin point in the Wasteland for the Prisoner that wakes up in Cell Block 13:

1) Navarro (Enclave)
2) Arroyo
3) Dog Town
4) L.A. Boneyard
5) New Canaan
6) Vault City
7) New Reno
8) Hub
9) Brotherhood

This is not going to be all of them, mind you. Given how this feature is largely just a matter of writer coordination/stamina, the current goal is set at 19+1 choices. Popular requests accepted. Make note that the further away from Colorado-Arizona-Utah region Van Buren is set in, the less the perk will affect in-game (the perk is aimed to affect the location directly related to the background, ie New Canaan background has stuff in Jericho).
Time and effort willing, would you be arsed to let these backgrounds affect skill dispositions?
Likewise with the criminal perk, are gonna bother being arsed with types of criminal, or is it just a catch all?

Vaarna_Aarne

It's a catch-all "I've been a really naughty person" perk, and also the one that was originally planned to be a perk that does give skill points. I think it should remain as such, and the other perks are more subtle in their effects. Criminal was envisioned as a raw exchange of more power for significant penalties to character interactions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a catch-all "I've been a really naughty person" perk, and also the one that was originally planned to be a perk that does give skill points. I think it should remain as such, and the other perks are more subtle in their effects. Criminal was envisioned as a raw exchange of more power for significant penalties to character interactions.
Would not really mind, it just seems a bit askew to have so many other perks for origins and only one for low karma.

Vaarna_Aarne

Would not really mind, it just seems a bit askew to have so many other perks for origins and only one for low karma.
Generally speaking you otherwise start off like the Chosen One or Vault Dweller, you just haven't had time to change your karma and rep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom