Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Queued
Bethesda are not after Fallout 2 Mods or other Things we he so Why they let Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mods release??Bethesda Plans a Van Buren Game so they not like someone use this Name,they also Plans a Series about Fallout Van Buren.

hexer

I can PM emails between me and Bethesda to anyone interested.

hexer

You would receive the same answer as I did. You can ask them and see.

Queued
for the items i has a Permission so i can make a mod with them ,but i have created art Things and these for this i dont know.

hexer

Some of the Fallout 3 modders contacted me and said Bethesda is relaxed regarding their modding and reverse engineering. I don't get why are they so pissed over Fallout 2.

Queued
hexer that are many Fallout 2 Mods an Bethesda says nothing ,here is the problem the Name Van Buren it Belongs to Bethesda.In a interview they have say they plan a Series and Game with Van Buren Theme and Title..

Queued
hexer i have read that in Van Buren are the Focus a War between the Brotherhood and Ncr?hahahah i must laugh the Brotherhood have Power Armors and the Ncr Combat Armors?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
hexer i have read that in Van Buren are the Focus a War between the Brotherhood and Ncr?hahahah i must laugh the Brotherhood have Power Armors and the Ncr Combat Armors?
Ah, but the NCR has numbers. Lotsa numbers.

Hey, do you have a link to Bethesda saying they're gonna use Van Buren?

Queued
hahah eryfkrad youre like Surf Solar so you have block like him.

Amerika have less Numbers that China but Amerika is a Supremacy and China a piece of Shit ..Technology and Knowledge is Might not Numbers.A Squad of 5 Power Armor Soldiers with Minigun make the Ncr like a piece of Shit.

Yes i have the Link...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Amerika have less Numbers that China but Amerika is a Supremacy and China a piece of Shit ..Technology and Knowledge is Might not Numbers.A Squad of 5 Power Armor Soldiers with Minigun make the Ncr like a piece of Shit.

Yes i have the Link...
Hmmm, If I recall right numbers is how NCR held on to Helios One, anyway, could you post that link? Wanted to see it. Forget it, last thing I want is see Bethesda on Fallout.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Van Buren: A Post Nuclear Roleplaying game sounds fine to me
^This. They are already on your tail, you should do your best to avoid giving them a oppening. Don't call it Fallout 3, not even Fallout: Something.
Actually due to the use of the design documents we probably should leave Fallout there somewhere along with the very long list of things that are property of Bethesda and how this is a non-profit fan project.

Some of the Fallout 3 modders contacted me and said Bethesda is relaxed regarding their modding and reverse engineering. I don't get why are they so pissed over Fallout 2.
I already told you, Bethesda is very butthurt when it comes to anything codex related. I hear they didn't like VD's Oblivion review very much. http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=129
I'm not sure if they appreciated DU's fake interview either http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=218

Protip: Next time you have problem with some user post new thread with ban request in site feedback, also make sure to PM DarkUnderlord so he won't miss it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
hexer, is that Zenimax or Bethesda? Dishonored difficulty mod once had taken down by Zenimax guy, but it seems Bethesda Commnuity Manager (Matt Grandstaff) helped the modder keep working on it.

Vaarna_Aarne

We need to keep good terms with Bethesda on this project, so once we have more to show in the form of video clips or the intro movie we should remember to keep in touch on their end too. They can appreciate the free exposure a game-sized project for free to drum up the crowd for their inevitable Fallout 4.

And in case someone asks why we aren't using F3 or New Vegas as the base for this, the answer shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of either of those (even though I think Van Buren would be fantastic on New Vegas engine just as well), but a very diplomatic, polite and realistic answer:

1: A real truth) It's a lot less demanding in regards to art assets to use the old graphical style.
2: A polite opinion) We wanted to make it turn-based like the old games.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Here's the direct quote:

"Sadly, we do not grant permission to reverse engineer or utilize our engine for other projects."

I'm pretty sure it's called "modding" and it has been done to Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FO:NV and Skyrim.

They clearly are insecure about a fan project competing with Fallout sequels. The insecurity goes as far as to claim this engine to be theirs, which may be true legally, but they wouldn't be able to write Fallout2's gameplay engine... if it hit them... out of a paper bag... uh you get the idea.

Queued
Fallout Online Engine is not better then the old Engine.The Game runs slower and there are many Bugs,very often Glitches Blackscreen many more.

Bethesda had not Only the Rights to the 3... they have the Rights for all Fallout Things this included Fallout 1,2,3,Van Buren,New Vegas,

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
why this clutch to call it van buren? it was just the internal codename, and there's nothing in the game which makes reference to that. nobody would ever call the black hound project jefferson. because of the lack of a proper name you should come up with something unique and more fitting to the setting.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'd stay away from both "Fallout 3" and "Van Buren".

Just don't call it "Compound".

There are many other options, however.

Vaarna_Aarne

Name change is not going to matter squat because the design documents ARE property of Bethesda, and will only make this project look shadier if any sort of legal distancing is attempted. Fact of the matter is that we have to slap the massively long list of things that are Bethesda trademarks and all rights reserved yada yada yada no matter what. The only way to do this is to play ball with Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom