Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

hexer

I salute you, Ironman :salute:

You'll have lots of options to reduce their numbers before getting close and personal. For example, if you bust in using the truck from the screenshot you'll kill a lot of them before engaging in combat. However, you'll take fewer Jackals if you bust inside with a smaller vehicle (car, bike).

Queued
hi hexer first i like your Idea for Van Buren Mod,i hope it will done .

i find the old Fallout 2 Items and Weapons Frm so i make new Ones with new Description and Attributes.

here some Samples

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-21862207/scr00002.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-21862213/scr00003.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-21862218/scr00004.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-21862224/scr00005.jpg.html

if you like it for you mod tell me that,if not i have also a Van Buren Weapons Mod and Fallout 3 Weapons Mod.

As much as I like the look of these I'm not sure about TT and assorted antiquated/real weapons in Fallout setting.

First screenshot of garage was fine, nothing wrong with bones around fireplace considering these guys are supposed to be cannibals. Plus without any cars it doesn't look like much of a garage, more like warehouse. You should use environment as story telling device.
However don't pay too much attention to nitpicking (me included ofc) or you'll never get this done if you'll end up redoing every area several times.

Keep fighting the good fight bro :salute:.

Queued
Why not JohnTheRevelator Fallout have many Things from 1950.The Highwayman and other Cars, the Music, Critters looking ,Art of Vaults ...i Think the Weapons really good for Fallout.

Why not JohnTheRevelator Fallout have many Things from 1950.The Highwayman and other Cars, the Music, Critters looking ,Art of Vaults ...i Think the Weapons really good for Fallout.
Nitpicking ;). I never liked stuff like Mauser pistol (where did they get this??), while S&W M29 or M60 make bit more sense since were talking about game set in post apoc US it still is incredibly antiquated stuff considering game time line. Honestly I'd rather have made up guns like 10mm Colt 6520 or AK-112. Great War started in 2077! Why would there be so many Cold War era weapons around? Fallout 1/2 arsenal always struck me as incoherent mishmash of stuff.

Also there is difference between 50's style and look and 50's technology. Highwayman is powered by fusion cells, it's high tech machine. M60 is just a really old gun.

Last edited:
Queued
only that the war begans in 2077 it no mean that every one Guy had High Tec Weapons,The Really High Tec Weapons had only Enklave,Supermutants,Brotherhood of Steel.All other Humans are with old Weapons.

in the game are many old Weapons not only Mauser and M60.

i love the 50's style this makes the Charm from Fallout,in Fallout Tactics are Many Real Weapons and Vintage Weapons from World War 2.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's not stuff from the 50s, it's stuff that people from the 50s thought the future would look like (then viewed through a mid-90s lense).

hexer

The game starts in 2253. Really, what are the chances of finding a working real world 1950s gun (and ammo) 300+ years old? If someone wants to mod an antique weapon into the game he is of course free to do it!

First screenshot of garage was fine, nothing wrong with bones around fireplace considering these guys are supposed to be cannibals. Plus without any cars it doesn't look like much of a garage, more like warehouse. You should use environment as story telling device.
However don't pay too much attention to nitpicking (me included ofc) or you'll never get this done if you'll end up redoing every area several times.

Thanks for the nitpicking - I always pay attention to it ;)
The bones, the fireplace and the cars are there - it's still a garage occupied by the cannibals. It looks much better now of course!
I'm working on some new floor tiles so I'll show the final screenshot once they're done.

Queued
In Fallout Tactics 90% of Weapons are from the era 1920-2000 also guys infrom first.

In Fallout are the Desert Eagle ,Mauser,44 Magnum Revolver,Ak,hunting Rifle,Hk caws,Jackhammer,Fn-fal,Winchester shotgun and many more.

when you like shit star wars weapons play Fallout 3 and New Vegas Guys.

In Fallout Tactics 90% of Weapons are from the era 1920-2000 also guys infrom first.

In Fallout are the Desert Eagle ,Mauser,44 Magnum Revolver,Ak,hunting Rifle,Hk caws,Jackhammer,Fn-fal,Winchester shotgun and many more.

Dude, you honestly don't think stuff like the 10mm pistol/smg and 223 pistol are the coolest guns in the game?

Real world weapons in fallout are decline incarnate

I think real-world weapons only make sense if they are pre-divergence and very rare. Mauser I don't mind, there's only one in both 1 and 2. A good example would be Browning 1911HP, which shows up in FNV Honest Hearts as the .45 pistol and Joshua Graham says is the weapon of his tribe, made by one of them in ancient times. It is such a good weapon that it is still used today. I could see, for example, some imitation AK-47 (a eternal weapon collector classic) laying around in a well-preserved pre-war deppot, whereas abudant AK47s (I'm looking at you, Fallout Tactics) totted by every other raider without a good explanation (say, a line of gunsmiths has been making copied AK47s with scavenged material for generations somewhere in the region) are ridiculous.

hexer, talking about weapons, I would really pay attention to energy weapon diversity. FO1, FO2 and even FO3 suffered from lack of diversity amongst energy weaponry. Laser and plasma are good, but you can always go in deeper and add microwave emitters (Masers?), sonics, electrical weapons, electro-lasers, particle beams, EMPs, etc.

Nope Gauss ins't energy, srly people.

Oh yeah, talking about that, surprised we never saw Gyrojets in Fallout, rocket pistols are fifties as fuck.

No one is saying these guns aren't in Fallout (you know we played these games too), we're saying it doesn't make much sense to have them, especially in these quantities. My explanation why they were included in first place is simple, it's much easier to look at picture and copy it than come up with something original. Case in point: 10mm and .223 pistols, one of the few original guns in Fallout except they were copied from comic book and movie respectively.

hexer, talking about weapons, I would really pay attention to energy weapon diversity. FO1, FO2 and even FO3 suffered from lack of diversity amongst energy weaponry. Laser and plasma are good, but you can always go in deeper and add microwave emitters (Masers?), sonics, electrical weapons, electro-lasers, particle beams, EMPs, etc.

Nope Gauss ins't energy, srly people.

Oh yeah, talking about that, surprised we never saw Gyrojets in Fallout, rocket pistols are fifties as fuck.
Let's not get carried away, it's not like it isn't colossal project in first place.. If hexer can manage gyrojets would be cool.

I think you kinda missed point of these games if real world guns are what made Fallout 1,2 better for you than Oblivion with Guns. Also I didn't notice before but that UI doesn't look half bad. Could use bit more contrast maybe. Buttons kinda meld with whole thing.

hexer

I'm digging this conversation bros. The Brazilian Slaughter I'll have to contact you once I start working on the loot.

How about we place those real world weapons inside a museum which can be found in a special encounter by someone who has high small guns or big guns skill?

This sounds pretty cool. Actually this reminds me I wanted to ask about special encounters. Are you going for traditionally lulzy random stuff like in originals or something dunno more realistic like this museum? (before someone asks, I'm fine with either)

Queued
why not a Special encounter with a Weapon Smith he sells Old Weapons While he making old weapons for those have no much money hahaha.

What if all old Weapons are in Game Remain but that Real Weapons come in?

The Idea with more Energy Weapons is not so good in Fallout 1 and 2 are enough Energy Weapons i think.

hexer

This sounds pretty cool. Actually this reminds me I wanted to ask about special encounters. Are you going for traditionally lulzy random stuff like in originals or something dunno more realistic like this museum? (before someone asks, I'm fine with either)

Funny, I was just discussing this with our writers today. Everything over the top silly will be folded under a trait similar to Wild Wasteland from FNV. This new trait will be merged with Bloody Mess as well. Let's honor the post-apocalyptic B-movies that way :salute:

What if all old Weapons are in Game Remain but that Real Weapons come in?

It's too early to know what will be in the game and what will be moved to the (NRA :lol:) museum.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Everything over the top silly will be folded under a trait similar to Wild Wasteland from FNV. This new trait will be merged with Bloody Mess as well. Let's honor the post-apocalyptic B-movies that way :salute:.

Both serious and pulpy face to the game/mod, awesome!

On the other hand, I'm sure all of Fallout 1/2 content could go under the lulzy setting if you researched long enough. Actually all games except some TBS are just arcade romps with a thematic facade and varying degree of ability to suspend disbelief in their audience.
AK-47s are there not because they make sense, but because we are going to like them more than some XC28 Blaster with no background in our culture. And they make a little bit of sense.

Queued
Replay in Fallout 2 and Tactics Many Real Weapons guys so dont say it make no sense with Real Weapons.In Fallout 2 the Weapons and ammo had no Real Names because the Guys had not License to use Real Weapons so they Changed many Names.In Fallout Tactics nearly every Weapon is Real one with their Real name.

Surf Solar in jedem forum egal welche Idee da kommt sagst du passt nicht zu Fallout,lass das mal die Leute selber entscheiden.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Replay in Fallout 2 and Tactics Many Real Weapons guys so dont say it make no sense with Real Weapons.In Fallout 2 the Weapons and ammo had no Real Names because the Guys had not License to use Real Weapons so they Changed many Names.In Fallout Tactics nearly every Weapon is Real one with their Real name.

Surf Solar in jedem forum egal welche Idee da kommt sagst du passt nicht zu Fallout,lass das mal die Leute selber entscheiden.

I talk whenever I want. Problem?

Fallout 2 wasn't created by the same people that did Fallout 1, was rushed as a "slam dunk" and it shows. Fallout Tactics is even further from the initial design and what made the world unique.
If you have a hard on for real world weapons that is fine, but keep that shit out of fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom