Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Queued
Surf Solar i will Block you because i hate People who,Thing that there better than Other.

In every Forum about Fallout i see you to post silly things, i think the Amdins here better ban you.

@ Hexer I have a really Good Idea for a thing ,i make it and sent you Pm Later.

hexer

UPDATE #4

Current team lineup: Kamoho (writer), Vaarna_Aarne (writer), grotsnik (writer), Whisky (writer), Kane Vollstrecker (inventory art), hexer (everything else)

Big announcement for this (unplanned) update! We have been "advised" by Bethesda to stop modding our game in Fallout 2 engine. I know how this might sound but thanks to classic Fallout's awesome modding community our work can carry on. This means that Van Buren will be released as a FOnline game!

This will definitively postpone the project for maybe up to 6 months as I will have to learn how to use their tools and then convert everything already done to FOnline engine. I've already stated my issues with the FOnline engine in this thread but now that I have no choice - I will try my best to resolve them. I'm taking this opportunity to call any knowledgeable FOnline modders to join us or pass on useful advice to me and my team.

On the good side, the new engine allows us to use higher resolution art, 3D monsters, environmental lighting, 16-bit colors instead of 256, more easily implement multiple vehicles and crafting, SPECIAL tweaking, etc.

Since the last update, more work has been done. Most critters for the game have been created, grotsnik and Whisky joined the writing team, Kane made lots of new inventory art, and I've been busy with Boulder Dome maps - lots of new art is being made in order for Dome to feel like a unique area. (This sort of treatment will apply to every location.)

25saglv.png

Last edited by a moderator:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Pretty sure Bethturds will warn you again after you migrate to FOnline. It's not Fallout TC mods they're after - Mutants Rising is doing fine - but your project name. Until you rename it, they will be forever on your ass, IMO.

hexer

I wish. The issue at hand was that I'm not allowed to mess around with Fallout2.exe which is a BIG no-no according to them.

P.S. The project is named F3: Van Buren at the moment but that is not the final name. Maybe Van Buren: A FOnline Post-Apocalyptic Adventure?

Lol @ "Hard Reset". More like a "Slap across the face"

Queued
Hard Reset because they Atomic Bombs destroy most of Earth and the Survivors must start all things new and build all new.

hexer

I know Van Buren is a name but Fallout fans recognize it and know what it means. There are many, many names of real people used as products - companies today.
Anyway, I'm just throwing suggestions out there - who knows what will be the final name.

I wish. The issue at hand was that I'm not allowed to mess around with Fallout2.exe which is a BIG no-no according to them.

Huh? Why are you messing around with the .exe? Why aren't you using sfall to patch over the stuff you need?

Queued
hexer im with Shi ,The Rights for Fallout and all names with it are belongs to Bethesda i dont thing they let you use this name on Fallout Online Engine.Better you think about another name.

hexer

Huh? Why are you messing around with the .exe? Why aren't you using sfall to patch over the stuff you need?

Crap, I expressed myself wrongly. What I meant to say is that the real issue is that I'm using the engine inside Fallout2.exe to run my mod. They're not cool with that.

hexer

Here's the direct quote:

"Sadly, we do not grant permission to reverse engineer or utilize our engine for other projects."

Here's the direct quote:

"Sadly, we do not grant permission to reverse engineer or utilize our engine for other projects."

That sounds weird as fuck. Just explain that (a) you're not including the .exe in your downloads, and (b) you're not asking for money in any way and (c) it'll never be completed anyway. I don't see how your mod would be any different from any other tc mod (outside of the content, but apparently they don't even mind that).

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You could as well call it Project Jefferson, or similar.

Since when the fuck is it Bethpizda's engine anyway, as though they worked upon it?

hexer

Lol @ Bethpizda

That sounds weird as fuck. Just explain that (a) you're not including the .exe in your downloads, and (b) you're not asking for money in any way and (c) it'll never be completed anyway. I don't see how your mod would be any different from any other tc mod.

While I didn't mention .exe distribution (we wouldn't distribute it of course), I did explain that it's a non-commercial project for fans of classics. That didn't make any difference.
I doubt they will go on a witch-hunt and kill every FO2 mod out there but we're moving on to FOnline. I can't see us working relaxed on the game with a possibility of cease and desist hanging over us. Because FOnline has bigger versality than FO2 engine this will probably be viewed as a blessing one day. But regardless of this, they're the worst developer we Fallout fans could end up with - we can't mod a 1998 game but FO3 and FNV mods are encouraged?! We're probably colateral victims in Interplay vs. Bethesda war.

That sounds weird as fuck. Just explain that (a) you're not including the .exe in your downloads, and (b) you're not asking for money in any way and (c) it'll never be completed anyway. I don't see how your mod would be any different from any other tc mod (outside of the content, but apparently they don't even mind that).
My take on it:
qo1CmgZ.png

:butthurt:

I wonder, do they even know where to send cease and desist letters?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Like I've said before, it's for the best to drop '3' from the title and just leave it as Fallout: Van Buren or just plain Van Buren. Since, you know, there actually is a Fallout 3 too nowadays.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Van Buren: A Post Nuclear Roleplaying game sounds fine to me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom