Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Queued
Vaarna Aarne do you Know Jin Roh the Wolfsbrigade?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well it's probably very similar to the LAPD Riot Armor that the NCR rangers use in New Vegas. I for one think it'd be nice to include the Ranger Combat Armor in Van Buren too, but it certainly would need a special sprite if you ask me.

Queued
in a froum i can remember that a Guy have make a Standard Animation From the Ranger Combat Armor but he has not Finished yet.

hexer

Just throwing ideas out there.

Limit 115
Armageddon
The Prison
Tales from the Wasteland
The Prisoner #13
Cell Block #13
Life after WW III
Beyond Tibbets
Escape from Tibbets
Radiation Storm
The Fugitive
2253: A Nuclear Odyssey

And now some serious titles to consider:

Nukes & Mutants
How I survived WW III
We Nuked the Planet
Almost Everybody's Dead
Quest for Bottlecaps

hexer

Yeah, we need a 50s sci-fi name! Or an 80s trash name such as 2020: Texas Gladiators or Warriors of the Apocalypse.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Vaarna_Aarne

So just Van Buren. We need to keep that nod at least.

And we still have to include the tremendously long legal litany.

Trephs

Novice
The prisoner #13 sounds like a revelant remind of Van Buren, I would go with that even in final name as Van Buren was just a codename (and placeholder, in fact) everybody heard of. Maybe you'd like to name it The prisoner's #13 story, quite intriguing and interesting, yet hinting about connection with previous Fallout games. The connection to vault 13 and it's crucial role of starting Fallout as story (also treating the atmosphere and the style) and meaning it would be the spiritual successor without being the same anymore. That's what the prisoner's suit meant for me.

hexer

Update! Greg A. from Zenimax replied and he said:

"
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a problem, as the modding scene is absolutely massive and I haven't seen any problems myself. My only caveat is that I can't give you actual permission in case your mod happens to be the first one that gets a cease and desist or something like that. Generally we don't mind fan content as long as it's created with a legit copy of the game, is in good taste, and is not be used for profit.
I hope I didn't send the wrong message to you! It's absolutely awesome that you want to use our engine, we just don't give specific permission to modders to use engines for our older titles.
When you guys get your project finished, please feel free to send it our way! We always love seeing what our fans are up to!
I wish you the best of luck with all of your development endeavors!

"

Vaarna_Aarne

Right, we definately should stick to Fallout 2 total conversion then, so you need a Fallout 2 install to play Van Buren.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How you will get into trouble with Bethesda, is if you distribute ANY of the original artwork that is used in Fallout/Fallout 2.

I ASSUME FOnline requires you to have Fallout/Fallout 2 installed, and then imports the artwork from there? (That is how Exult works with Ultima VII. It uses/imports ALL of the original art/scripting etc... but requires that you have the original game installed). They do not distribute any of the original files, only the engine to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom