Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 is the best game and the best RPG of 2015

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And why did it make into the RPGCodex news exactly?
Its relevant to Codex steam users' interests.

Also, the result is funny because its :mrfussy:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
From the DICE awards web page:

"Since 1996, the D.I.C.E. Awards have recognized games, individuals and development teams that have contributed to the advancement of the multi-billion dollar worldwide entertainment software industry."

Hmmmm

Well, ok, let's see what more do these people at D.I.C.E do...: A conversation with Nicolo de Masi, CEO of Glu Games, the company behind "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood."

:hmmm:

Ah, that kind of experts. And it's about the advancing of an already multi-billion dollar industry. OK. I thought it was about good games.

himmy

Arcane
BREAKING: Award specifically designed so industry big shots can pat each other on the back given to the game with the biggest marketing budget.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
It's the gaming equivalent of this:

kim.jpg

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I suggest the Codex establishes an official anti-reward "Ass Creed Of The Year" and give that to Fallout 4, for its significant achivement of dumbing down a franchise while at the same time providing a minimum of innovation in terms of presentation, mechanics, design, and writing.

The winner shall be determined by an open ballot of esteemed RPG players.
For real, I actually think this should be a thing. A worst RPG of the year award to shame bad self-proclaimed RPGs that's always followed by a Vault Dweller-style (or Bubbles-style) article brutally disassembling them and unmasking the goldened turds for what they. It's the kind of thing that clickbait-y mainstream games media are likely to quote (for the lulz clickbaits) and would be a useful vehicle to further Codex agenda, especially in the long-term as it becomes a steady source of "controverse" clickbait income that they can count on quoting each year.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know what "the Codex agenda" is, but I'd be happy to see some notable entity shout out that the king is naked. Especially with things getting worse every year in that aspect - COD, Battlefront, DAI, Fallout 4, Syndicate, Primal... It's getting really annoying.

vean

Scholar
For real, I actually think this should be a thing. A worst RPG of the year award to shame bad self-proclaimed RPGs that's always followed by a Vault Dweller-style (or Bubbles-style) article brutally disassembling them and unmasking the goldened turds for what they. It's the kind of thing that clickbait-y mainstream games media are likely to quote (for the lulz clickbaits) and would be a useful vehicle to further Codex agenda, especially in the long-term as it becomes a steady source of "controverse" clickbait income that they can count on quoting each year.

It would also be contradictory and hypocritical. Codex voted DXHR the 56th best RPG of all time. DXHR isn't an RPG, it's a FPS with a very simple perk system.

If you want to see the decline, look within first.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm sincerely surprised. No, really. I didn't expect them to choose AoD or Underrail as best RPG of the year. But after so many articles about "what's wrong about Fallout 4" or more subtle "why F4 is not so bad", I thought they'd go for something different this year. Peculiarly when there's been so much praise for other AAA mainstream RPG like Witcher 3 or Bloodborne.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Agreed. We should have more reviews of would-be-RPG's or other signs of decline. If for nothing else than for the entertainment reading it and the subsequent moronic Bethtard butthurt.
Also include that stream screenshot from Codexians playing that piece of shit.

I'm sincerely surprised. No, really. I didn't expect them to choose AoD or Underrail as best RPG of the year. But after so many articles about "what's wrong about Fallout 4" or more subtle "why F4 is not so bad", I thought they'd go for something different this year. Peculiarly when there's been so much praise for other AAA mainstream RPG like Witcher 3 or Bloodborne.
Yeah, TW3 managed to steal most GOTY awards elsewhere and is much more entitled to it. (Not as much as Underrail, but we can only expect so much from mainstream review(er)s...)

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
I don't know what "the Codex agenda" is, but I'd be happy to see some notable entity shout out that the king is naked. Especially with things getting worse every year in that aspect - COD, Battlefront, DAI, Fallout 4, Syndicate, Primal... It's getting really annoying.
Codex agenda is whatever each individual angry, paranoid, obsessive poster on the codex thinks it is, so basically a bullshit term with no specific meaning. I think what "this" poster meant and should have written instead for clarity's sake is:
To ridicule whatever games we (we=I) don't like or think is a step in a direction we (we=I) don't like and think too many other people like and shouldn't like or at least stop talking about how much they like on the internet.

It would also be contradictory and hypocritical. Codex voted DXHR the 56th best RPG of all time. DXHR isn't an RPG, it's a FPS with a very simple perk system.

Do you think not having a "Worst RPGOTY" award and instead posting on the Codex about its own decline is an effective way to combat decline, in- and/or outside the Codex? Do you think that having a yearly award shaming bad RPG design and gameplay will contribute to the decline in- and/or outside the Codex or do you think there is a possibility that it would actually combat decline to some extent and help the Codex in looking inwards and getting "gud" because people will be reminded what kind of gameplay and "values" the Codex('s majority of individual posters) claim to uphold?
What do you think would help?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you think that having a yearly award shaming bad RPG design and gameplay will contribute to the decline in- and/or outside the Codex or do you think there is a possibility that it would actually combat decline to some extent and help the Codex in looking inwards and getting "gud" because people will be reminded what kind of gameplay and "values" the Codex('s majority of individual posters) claim to uphold?

I don't think an anti-reward would influence the process of dumbification of gaming at all, but it would be fun as hell to read butthurt articles, comments and forum posts written by those who would react negatively to their favorite game being called out for what it is.

Ironically, it might result in the Codex inadvertedly generating income for a sjw site or two, from writing extra PR articles to defend such milestones of scientific and art achievement as Fallout 4.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I know that no one really should be suprised by something like this but holy fuck these people must be clinically retarded with competition like that.

Tao

Savant
Wow, Fallout 4, really?.... Even when they have The Witcher 3 o Bloodborne if they dont like "indies" o "niches" games...

I mean, i knew it's about the money but comon.

Yeah, stop the train! DXHR at 56th position must be something wrong here. :smug:

If it had reached the top ten then maybe you would have a case here. ¬¬

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I have no idea what this game is (and I don't want to know). I can tell from the cover it's shit:

eurogamer-yjozqp.jpg

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I always do that. It has helped my life a lot.

That's how I discovered gems like VtmB and avoided turds like Halo.

1174331955_vampire__the_masquerade_bloodlines_4396.jpg

Halo-Combat-Evolved-Xbox-cover-halo-34051575-640-918.jpg

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
It's certainly a strange reaction. I thought you were a good poster, but this one has left me wondering.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Wow, Fallout 4, really?.... Even when they have The Witcher 3 o Bloodborne if they dont like "indies" o "niches" games...

I mean, i knew it's about the money but comon.

I think that with this "Academy" being American is more about the guns.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
It's certainly a strange reaction. I thought you were a good poster, but this one has left me wondering.

Good. Keep your watch high, one never knows who is a traitor around here.

In my case, I find hilarious how some people take it personally about Fallout. It is a shooter, for console kiddos, set in the fallout universe. It doesn't unmake your favorite games from childhood, those still exist, nor takes away the other indie games, so I really can't empathize with the pain some people feels about this. And it amuses me.

And it's not because it's Fallout in particular. Pool of Radiance is one of my favorite classics. I didn't moan and whine when they released the Ruins of Mith Drannor one, I just thought, oh well, those morons missed an opportunity.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
It's more than missed opportunity, it's disinformation and corruption. cRPGs are serious business.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom