Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 is the best game and the best RPG of 2015

Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment for me.
After the quality they've shown with fo3 and skyrim, yeah.

Exactly!

First of all I'm a father.
And if one of my children was abducted, I would not waste a second!
Not to mention building an empire of houses and soldiers.

And all this repeated mini-quests, like in the beginning of the brotherhood of steel...
Retrieve a stupid object, kill mutants, repeat.

What the fuck?!

I'm really mad about this game.
It's maybe a good game (there's also some great moments in the game)
But it's far from being BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!

A user named cat

wgOW55P.gif

Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment for me.
After the quality they've shown with fo3 and skyrim, yeah.

Exactly!

First of all I'm a father.
And if one of my children was abducted, I would not waste a second!
Not to mention building an empire of houses and soldiers.

And all this repeated mini-quests, like in the beginning of the brotherhood of steel...
Retrieve a stupid object, kill mutants, repeat.

What the fuck?!

I've yet to play it, but...

I already know it's an awesome game, because the big gaming magazines said it was awesome and super cool, plus it was selected as the best game of the year, so that means IT MUST BE A WINNER, RIGHT?

*initiating self-brainwash; starting to read the IGN review*

:what:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

damager

Arbiter
I knew Fallout 4 was shit after that awful intro, where no matter which dialogue option I chose with the Vault-Tec guy my wife would bitch me to the same outcome. After that we barely escape a nuke which blast wave would have all killed us anyway and nobody in the vault sheds a tear about their neighbors or beloved ones that died in the atomic fire. A woman in the vault gives out vault suites and they don't even have a animation for that shit. She just stands there and holds the suit and next thing the guy has it in his inventory like it was Half Life 1. So cinematic. Nigga if you force me into a fuckin linear 15 minute cinematic intro make it look good and give me a fucking animation and don't use the same shit engine Morrowind used 15 years ago. I get frozen. Wife dies. I don't give a shit because she was a bitch. I open the first vault door and get blinded by the glaring daylight of a dark elevator shaft. I get up the elevator and get blinded again. Walk around 2 minutes. Game looks like shit. I talk to my stupid robot and my character doesn't even give a fuck america was turned into ashes. I quit the game.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I knew Fallout 4 was shit after that awful intro, where no matter which dialogue option I chose with the Vault-Tec guy my wife would bitch me to the same outcome. After that we barely escape a nuke which blast wave would have all killed us anyway and nobody in the vault sheds a tear about their neighbors or beloved ones that died in the atomic fire. A woman in the vault gives out vault suites and they don't even have a animation for that shit. She just stands their and holds the suit and next thing the guy has it in his inventory like it was Half Life 1. So cinematic. Nigga if you force me into a fuckin linear 15 minute cinematic intro make it look good and give me a fucking animation and don't use the same shit engine Morrowind used 15 years ago. I get frozen. Wife dies. I don't give a shit because she was a bitch. I open the first vault door and get blinded by the glaring daylight of a dark elevator shaft. I get up the elevator and get blinded again. Walk around 2 minutes. Game looks like shit. I talk to my stupid robot and my character doesn't even give a fuck america was turned into ashes. I quit the game.

Thanks for the summary, I didn't even know how the game started. What an awful disaster.

I knew Fallout 4 was shit after that awful intro, where no matter which dialogue option I chose with the Vault-Tec guy my wife would bitch me to the same outcome. After that we barely escape a nuke which blast wave would have all killed us anyway and nobody in the vault sheds a tear about their neighbors or beloved ones that died in the atomic fire. A woman in the vault gives out vault suites and they don't even have a animation for that shit. She just stands there and holds the suit and next thing the guy has it in his inventory like it was Half Life 1. So cinematic. Nigga if you force me into a fuckin linear 15 minute cinematic intro make it look good and give me a fucking animation and don't use the same shit engine Morrowind used 15 years ago. I get frozen. Wife dies. I don't give a shit because she was a bitch. I open the first vault door and get blinded by the glaring daylight of a dark elevator shaft. I get up the elevator and get blinded again. Walk around 2 minutes. Game looks like shit. I talk to my stupid robot and my character doesn't even give a fuck america was turned into ashes. I quit the game.

Where's the instant-death option in the beginning where your wife tells you about incoming nuclear blast, and you say something along the lines: "Yeah right, stop screwing around with that nonsense, bring me a beer, and then let me watch the Bold And the Beautiful in peace!". Oh, wait I almost forgot that not every "cRPG" is AoD.

You can run off in the wrong direction, away from the vault, and the nukes will go off killing you. So an instant death-option is present in the introduction. I guess this means FO4 is in the same class as AoD then.

Does the game warn you though that you're running the wrong direction? Like in a racing simulator where you're driving the track backwards? If not, then I guess we'll have to agree that FO4 provides choices and consequences in equal quality to those of AoD. :1up:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Exactly my POV. It's a mediocre to below average game where one can run around for a few hours before getting bored, but that's all it is. Anyone ranking this above AoD cannot into RPGs. Anyone who thinks it's GOTY material should be put in a 50s mental ward for "mental infirmities" aka being a retard.

Nines

Learned
The modding tools are coming in April, but I don't think they'll help much. It's like using a defibrillator on a skeleton.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom