Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London "Coming Soon™"

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
That FO:London mod seems very ambitious, but somehow it just doesn't draw my interest. Maybe it's the London aspect, I just eh. London?

Why isn't it overrun with niglets, sandniggers and towelheads — and why isn't a tiny pakistani their leader?

At least that would be something to shoot at
pipboy_approve.png

Butter

Arcane
Patron
That FO:London mod seems very ambitious, but somehow it just doesn't draw my interest. Maybe it's the London aspect, I just eh. London?

Why isn't it overrun with niglets, sandniggers and towelheads — and why isn't a tiny pakistani their leader?

At least that would be something to shoot at
pipboy_approve.png
Fallout is looking closer to the optimistic future than Star Trek is at this point.

Yosharian

Arcane
Supposedly, this is the last devlog video before Fallout: London releases in April:

I'm excited to see the final product, but I also remain apprehensive about them leaning too hard into the "local colour" aspects. Seeing those gang designs gave me Nuka World vibes... I don't much care for Nuka World.

I will take this seriously when it releases and not a second before

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Meh. With all that effort into factions I predict the quests will be no better than Preston Garvey giving radiants in cockney. Plus some Holy Grail and Peaky Blinders references.

Cologno

Educated
^ Don't be so hard. Englanders have not much else worthy they're given permission to call upon and laugh at. Shakespeare running around as a ghoul (just because) and spouting of parts of soliloquys corrupted for modern diversity lingual protocols would be welcome. Shit the bed, shit the bed good.

Besides, was England even bombed all that hard in the war for the lore to make England a compelling setting?

deuxhero

Arcane
There's almost no information on "modern" Europe past the Fallout 1 intro in modern canon. The Fallout Bible however has a timeline that has the Europe and the Middle East nuking each other in ~2054-2060, before the Great War between the US and China in 2077.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The world map seems pretty big

fallout-london-world-map.png
Yes, that's London alright.

I really want it to turn up good. Somehow Fallout 2 keeps getting quality total conversions every year or two. Time for Fallout 4 to catch up.

with F4 Bethesda managed to achieve decent gunplay. Let's hope the modders add a fine game to it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Guess what - Bethsda will finally drop FO4 update (vapouware at this point) and now some people are not happy with it
London team in panic
rest of the big projects are dead and never came out anyway
GK65LFcWgAAm1jF

reminds me of when Valve broke HL1 literally the day that Cry of Fear was supposed to come out
You know - a game that firestarted let's play horror reaction YT channels nonesense jist

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Guess what - Bethsda will finally drop FO4 update (vapouware at this point) and now some people are not happy with it
London team in panic
rest of the big projects are dead and never came out anyway
GK65LFcWgAAm1jF

reminds me of when Valve broke HL1 literally the day that Cry of Fear was supposed to come out
You know - a game that firestarted let's play horror reaction YT channels nonesense jist
Haha poor bastards

Gargaune

Magister
London team in panic
Yeah, kinda what I expected - they're gonna delay London for after Beth's crap drops, which will probably make the "next-gen update" required to play this. Which means I ain't gonna play it too soon, not to mention that knowing Bethesda, they'll follow up with another half dozen shit patches through 2024. Todd's making some serious inroads into my shit list of late.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I would not be shocked if they prepared some updates for New Vegas too (to break their mods, like Autum Leaves that was "inspiration" for one of their DLC) out of spite.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The dev states that they refused to join Bethesda's official mod creator group and is then confused as to why Bethesda didn't reach out and ask for an NDA despite FO London being an independent unoffical project.
Like, what did you expect to happen?
GL7flehaEAEfieU

Gargaune

Magister
The dev states that they refused to join Bethesda's official mod creator group and is then confused as to why Bethesda didn't reach out and ask for an NDA despite FO London being an independent unoffical project.
Like, what did you expect to happen?
GL7flehaEAEfieU
Eh, not really... The "verified creator program" would involve the Fallout London team (and it's a large team once you count all contributors) signing up for a project that's not suitable for the Creation Club anyway because a) it was developed as non-commercial and b) it's Script Extender-based. I also don't know why your .jpg states that "a large company [involving] an independent modding team like that would be unprecedented", since you've got Bethesda themselves supporting the Enderal crew previously or CDPR developing modding tools with community members and I'm sure you can find other examples.

Overall, this is a bit of misstep for Todd Inc. since Fallout London offers a good marketing opportunity, it's gotten quite a bit of exposure, and looping them in at some point to coordinate releases wouldn't have been an expensive undertaking. In fact, I'm wondering whether it might've been a deliberate lapse to avoid any connection to another potential Fallout: The Frontier dumpsterfire.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that this next-gen patch bullshit should've never existed to begin with.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's too little too late, I mean, Ultrawide support? The community already fixed this. It's not worth it.

I suppose it's nice for the plebs who don't mod.

Gargaune

Magister
It's too little too late
"Too little, too late" would imply no added value. This is worse, we're talking subtracting value because the patch will add nothing anyone cares about while breaking mods across the board and causing customers a ton of hassle. The only Todd's proving here is that Bethesda patches are like horror films - it doesn't matter how many times mods fix Jason Voorhees, he's always coming back.

tritosine2k

Erudite
It's too little too late
"Too little, too late" would imply no added value. This is worse, we're talking subtracting value because the patch will add nothing anyone cares about while breaking mods across the board and causing customers a ton of hassle. The only Todd's proving here is that Bethesda patches are like horror films - it doesn't matter how many times mods fix Jason Voorhees, he's always coming back.
It's good cause it's not used to push DX12 and more realtime lighting crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom