Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London "Coming Soon™"

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I kind of like that noxious nuclear amber sky.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
As for Fallout 4: New Vegas, I fear it's on its way to die the silent death that many of these projects eventually do.
They had the usual "late October showcase week", but it was just few posts though and then had one big stream

A shame, it was the one project I would've loved seeing getting a proper release - but considering they would've have to spend money on things like massive amounts of voice acting for a free mod...

Really, a New Vegas remake seems to be only possible from Betheseda's side - but I am sure they would fuck that up somehow

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
They had the usual "late October showcase week", but it was just few posts though and then had one big stream

A shame, it was the one project I would've loved seeing getting a proper release - but considering they would've have to spend money on things like massive amounts of voice acting for a free mod...
It was the same last year, post-Project Mojave schism, went from those impressive, super-polished trailers to "here's a couple of weapon renders." The project lead did come out at the time to say all was fine and they weren't impacted by the split, but I don't think that was the case. The VO situation's a gnarly one particularly because of union regulations, but between donations, volunteers and AI, I feel like if everything else was done, a project this big and publicised could find a solution.

Thanks for keeping us updated Gargaune
My pleasure, it's two birds with one stone - keep those interested in the loop and piss off everyone else on the Codex.
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The VO situation's a gnarly one particularly because of union regulations, but between donations, volunteers and AI, I feel like if everything else was done, a project this big and publicised could find a solution.
Honestly
I would prefer they just forget about VO and instead focused on getting everything else done and releasing it as is
After that they could focus on VO, or even let some other modder(s) do that job

If it was up to me though I would simply slap NV voice files and release it as a separate mod - of course, in some way as it not to trace back to the project's team
Obviously it would be taken down of most modding sites, but by then there would be 100+ mirror links scattered throughout the web and most players would continuously support/recommend/share it
Besides it not like whoever they'll hire to do VO will ever come close to the quality of the actors who originally voiced character like - Mr. House, Caesar, Chief Hanlon, etc...

Gargaune

Magister
If it was up to me though I would simply slap NV voice files and release it as a separate mod - of course, in some way as it not to trace back to the project's team
Obviously it would be taken down of most modding sites, but by then there would be 100+ mirror links scattered throughout the web and most players would continuously support/recommend/share it
Eh, it would be an awkward move for a "prestige" project like that to rely on a separate, copyright-infringing mod to be complete. But you wouldn't have to go that route, Project Mojave released without VO and included instructions on how to port relevant audio assets from a local New Vegas installation. There's two lingering downsides though:
- It would still be an incomplete release, "some assembly required" IKEA-style;
- It's highly unlikely Bethesda would strike it down, but there is a hypothetical risk if they got union complaints.

But yeah, this is all downstream from the core game part being complete, I'm sure it could be sussed out if it got that point. But I fear it won't get there anymore, the project's gone disconcertingly quiet and - I'm speculating here - if F4NV had relied on and lost all the assets featured in PM, it's easy to see how that would've been a massive setback.

Gargaune

Magister
Well, speak of the bloomin' devil.

Replete with an awkward ad towards the end. Not that I'd fault them for raising funds, they do have expenses to cover.

The one thing that got me puzzled is that this is still referencing the Queen as the reigning monarch, including a hint to ghoulification, though I was under the impression they were going to pivot away from that idea now that she's passed. Maybe they changed something else, I can't imagine they'll parade a ghoul proxy of Elizabeth II around in their game, that would've been a touch ghastly even when she was still with us.

Anyway, still no release date, so stay tuned.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The Monty Python King Arthur faction gave me an honest chuckle :lol:

I can't imagine they'll parade a ghoul proxy of Elizabeth II around in their game
It can be some other Queen (it wouldn't even make sense for Elizabeth to have survived until the start of the great war), or maybe a computer proxy like the President in F3

Gargaune

Magister
Another minor bump, this time for Fallout: Miami, who've released another environmental video showcase:

Another interesting aspect is that they've been calling for select VAs through November:

That doesn't necessarily mean the mod is entering the home stretch, they've previously been quite clear it's a long way away, they might be looking for VO for internal stuff or maybe another promotional tie-in quest mod in the Miami Misadventures series. In fact, that they're looking for some very specific roles - male asian, female hispanic - would suggest the latter.

P.S. While I'm at it, I figured I'd check out a couple more of our OP candidates.

Fallout: Vault 13 actually seems to still be kicking, having shared just a couple of new screenshots through 2023 and their latest update from October:

Fallout: Arroyo, though, is dead and buried. I'll move both it and Cascadia into the RIP section once I can be arsed to update the OP.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I want fallout Oregon and the north west but I only have to walk into eugene to see it is real.

deuxhero

Arcane
The first thing London showed was having removed the ability to play as a female character to appeal to trannies. It's going to be a Frontier tier shitfest if it ever comes out.

Gargaune

Magister
My phone has some stupid "Hey look at these posts" thing, and it's literally almost always trash from Screen Rant or Game Rant - but, still one of those trash posts was from Game Rant about Cascadia where they just conducted an interview?

https://gamerant.com/fallout-4-overhaul-mod-cascadia-development-challenges/

Maybe it's not dead?
Seems more like a generic couple of paragraphs about developing mega-mods, I wouldn't read too much into it. It's possible there's still people chipping away at it, but coming out with a video and a website etc. and then dropping off the face of the world to work in radio silence seems like a major shift in approach, the sort I wouldn't expect if things were progressing even somewhat per plan.

Gargaune

Magister

TL;DW:
- delayed to 23.04.2024, St. George's Day, also around the Fallout TV show
- "functional content complete", just QA to go, key scripting staff impacted by ongoing "global issues"
- as big as Fallout 4's Commonwealth and Far Harbor together, including 7 settlements
- skill checks in conversation, silent protagonist
- new UI (which we already knew)
- new OST completely replaces Fo4's, includes 3 radio stations
- bullet crafting included
- diegetic fast travel options such as trains, taxis and boats
- dynamic weather (this one has me confused)
- "unique uniques" (meaning weapons)
- climbable ladders (which is a mod available for Fo4)
- cow milking (no comment)
- 53 main quests, 35 side quests, 25 faction quests, 64 miscellaneous quests, 16 gang quests, 5 companion quests
- 7 companions, including a bulldog called Churchill
- 90.000 recorded voice lines

What bums me out is that the delay pretty much guarantees this mod will require Todd's incoming Fallout 4 Mod Breaker Edition. I'll have to set up a separate install, which is a bit of a pain in the bum. Oh well, did it for Enderal, I can do it again.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Is this post-apocalyptic or not? Why are some of the buildings falling apart but most of the skyscrapers still intact? Is this just the result of letting shitskins take over the UK?

Gargaune

Magister
Supposedly, this is the last devlog video before Fallout: London releases in April:

I'm excited to see the final product, but I also remain apprehensive about them leaning too hard into the "local colour" aspects. Seeing those gang designs gave me Nuka World vibes... I don't much care for Nuka World.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom