Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Play Arcanum instead. B-)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, Arcanum was a better game.

*puts on flame-resistant clothing*

Still, you should play Fallout and Fallout 2. They're good, and not having played them is a huge hole in basic RPG education.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
i thought Hines confirmed this nearly a year ago? at the very least they've hinted strongly that this was the case for about a year now. all it really means is that there shall be no shortage of fallout redux hatred for many years. sorry wyrm.

LCJr.

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
I don't want to sound too petulant.

But dammit, I am sick of these Fallout 3 topics. Can't we have some variety? Every week or so, there is atleast one topic about it. It's sometimes so goddamn excessive, that there are half a dozen FO3 topics in the forum.

I know the easier solution is to simply ignore topics that one isn't interested in, but can't there be something more interesting to talk about than FO3? This matter has gone beyond a saturation point.

Noob. This is nothing compared to the massive stinking shitpile of Oblivion topics the resident fuckwits , furry faggot Bethesda refugees and the Beth fanboy trolls piled up on these poor forums. In all seriousness there were days I'd come here and the whole news and first page of the forums was nothing but pathetic bitching about Oblivion. To me that was the decline of the Codex and those sad days not AoD is what I will remember as VD's legacy.

I never saw the point of bitching then and I don't see the point now. Bethesda has shown they do a few things well.

1. Make shitty games. And no Daggerfall was not a good game. You're just kidding yourself.

2. Lead the gaming press by the nose and keep the hype machine in overdrive.

3. Make lots of money.

Until #3 changes they're here to stay.

Besides what beloved franchise hasn't been raped to death? And hell look at what Interplay was doing. FOT and BOS anyone? And look at the crap that comes out of Avellones mouth these days. Do you really think VanBuren would have good? Now I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better than what Beth churns out. But honestly do you think it actually would have been a good game in it's own right?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
LCJr. said:
Besides what beloved franchise hasn't been raped to death?
Well, the NWN franchise has gotten better and better, and with SoZ coming up, it seems it will only get better.

Black

Arcane
LCJr. said:
And look at the crap that comes out of Avellones mouth these days. Do you really think VanBuren would have good? Now I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better than what Beth churns out. But honestly do you think it actually would have been a good game in it's own right?

Ye, I'm pretty sure VB would've been better sequel than FO2 is.

Raapys

Arcane
Daggerfall was awesome and VanBuren definitely looked like it was on the right track.

Quilty

Magister
I was wondering, has anyone got any news about any new/old unofficial Fallout 1/2 sequels or mods? I remember some of them used to be mentioned here on the Codex (was it Rise of the Mutants, or Mutants Rising, something like that...).

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
LCJr. said:
But honestly do you think it actually would have been a good game in it's own right?

ummm.....yeah, i actually never really doubted this. btw, since when is Avellone a target of derision? jesus guys...isn't there enough shite to dis these days?

@quilty: just visit NMA. killap has gotten really far with his fo2 restoration project and there's some EXCELLENT work in there. mutants rising is moving slowly but surely and the new screens that keep poppin' up look absolutely fantastic.

Quilty

Magister
TwinkieGorilla said:
@quilty: just visit NMA. killap has gotten really far with his fo2 restoration project and there's some EXCELLENT work in there. mutants rising is moving slowly but surely and the new screens that keep poppin' up look absolutely fantastic.

Hey, thanks!

Yeah, I played killap's stuff, and it was excellent, really well done in my opinion. I just hope one of these days we get the worthy fan-made successor, 'cause I can't bear any further mutilation done by bethesda.

obediah

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
I don't want to sound too petulant.

But dammit, I am sick of these Fallout 3 topics. Can't we have some variety? Every week or so, there is atleast one topic about it. It's sometimes so goddamn excessive, that there are half a dozen FO3 topics in the forum.

Just give up.

The glut of Oblivion topics dropped the collective IQ of the codex by 30 points. By the time FO3 is released we will have degenerated to an emoticon-only forum.

Destroid

Arcane
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
I can't wait until they remake 1 and 2!

Actually that could be interesting if everything was kept the same except for the combat system and point of view.

elander_

Arbiter
No offense man but only an idiot doesn't play Fallout. Daggerfall has some kind of magic, but it's a love it or hate it game. Fallout Tactics is a great tactical TB game with a greatly improved Fallout engine that supports both modes TB and real time. Definitely you should try them all.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
LCJr. said:
In all seriousness there were days I'd come here and the whole news and first page of the forums was nothing but pathetic bitching about Oblivion. To me that was the decline of the Codex and those sad days not AoD is what I will remember as VD's legacy.
VD's legacy? Some guy posted news/reviews/interviews on a game website. I don't think that words like legacy could be used here.

Anyway, I'm curious about this hate of Oblivion (and now Fallout 3) topics. I mean, it's a hardcore gaming forum. Analyzing games and reading between the lines are what the locals do best, no? Combine that with the front page newsposting, Bethesda's aggressive PR, and you are bound to have a trackload of Bethesda's current game-related topics to discuss, especially when there are virtually no other news topics to discuss.

I never saw the point of bitching then and I don't see the point now.
Yep. Bitching about bitching makes way more sense.

1. Make shitty games. And no Daggerfall was not a good game. You're just kidding yourself.
Really? Do you have any readily-available points to back up this elaborate claim?

Besides what beloved franchise hasn't been raped to death?
And your point is? Resistance is futile, stop your bitching and go home?

And hell look at what Interplay was doing. FOT and BOS anyone?
FOT - Australian company, FOBOS - console division.

And look at the crap that comes out of Avellones mouth these days.
Not everyone is as smart as you are.

Do you really think VanBuren would have good?
I've read the design docs, courtesy of NMA. I don't agree with every decision, but I'd say it would have been better than FO2. Much better.

Now I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better than what Beth churns out. But honestly do you think it actually would have been a good game in it's own right?
You clearly don't think so. So, stop making claims and make some points already.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I think we've actually been pretty good about the amount of Fallout 3 topics. I understand their were a scarce amount of RPGs at the time, but the 3 or 4 new Oblivion topics a day with 100+ posts each day was terrible.

I think it's a bit unfair to blame VD for that. I'd blame the gaming industry more than anything. Troika had just died, Black Isle just died, there was no such thing as indy RPGs besides Vogel.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm disappointed that you didn't place each individual smiley there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom