Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Fallout cargo cult - Krai Mira: Extended Cut

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I tried the original release when it came out, and the game was an utter nothing burger. It felt like some isometric camera controls demo. None of the game aspects, except maybe the graphics (that made me try it in the first place but are hardly a lasting effect) felt like it deserves time investment, and I finished The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, so I'd say my standards for post-apo are pretty low. For me, it was ultimately ATOM which did what KM tried - married decent 3d visuals with actual gameplay.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I tried the original release when it came out, and the game was an utter nothing burger. It felt like some isometric camera controls demo. None of the game aspects, except maybe the graphics (that made me try it in the first place but are hardly a lasting effect) felt like it deserves time investment, and I finished The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, so I'd say my standards for post-apo are pretty low. For me, it was ultimately ATOM which did what KM tried - married decent 3d visuals with actual gameplay.

The original release version didn't even had a proper ending - after the big choice there were just credits with "to be continued" message. They added actual another act of the story and 3 proper endings in the Extended Cut only.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Soon I will create a general thread for reviews of obscure RPGs (since they might be unwanted on the frontpage) - for everyone willing to contribute. I've got six of those reviews so far, scattered around different threads, time to group them together.

Then the "Really Obscure RPGs" thread would remain for the sole purpose of searching, finding and presenting games lost in time to the Codex public.

Ever thought of crawling through the pages of the thread and updating the first post with all the games unearthed there?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Soon I will create a general thread for reviews of obscure RPGs (since they might be unwanted on the frontpage) - for everyone willing to contribute. I've got six of those reviews so far, scattered around different threads, time to group them together.

Then the "Really Obscure RPGs" thread would remain for the sole purpose of searching, finding and presenting games lost in time to the Codex public.

Ever thought of crawling through the pages of the thread and updating the first post with all the games unearthed there?

Now that's a good idea. Is there even a limit to the size of a post (numer of letters or photos attached)? It would be a lot of work, but propably could be done.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Searching for a Fallout fix in the endless desert sea of Russian apocalyptic games is like walking through a scorching hot wasteland with the eternal blazing sun slowly burning your skin away...

Good review by the way! And you should compile your stuff in a thread. Would like to read the rest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perhaps one day, I still don't think they are of frontpage quality just yet. Besides, they mostly concern older games and the frontgame seems to be dedicated to newer releases. Nevertheless, thank you!

Missed this post. No, we're not dedicated to just newer releases. This seems pretty good for an effortpost. What do you think isn't frontpage quality about your reviews?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Perhaps one day, I still don't think they are of frontpage quality just yet. Besides, they mostly concern older games and the frontgame seems to be dedicated to newer releases. Nevertheless, thank you!

Missed this post. No, we're not dedicated to just newer releases. This seems pretty good for an effortpost. What do you think isn't frontpage quality about your reviews?

Hmmm... the review could sure use some editing (structure, spelling, grammar). English is not my mother tongue, so there may be some akward sentences. Plus, I'd have to get some of my own screenshots, the ones here are taken from the web (I usually don't take screenshots during playing). But it's not a problem, I still have the saves, so if you'd like to place the review on the frontpage, I'll provide screenshots from my playthrough.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hmmm... the review could sure use some editting (structure, spelling, grammar). English is not my mother tongue, so there may be some akward sentences. Plus, I'd have to get some of my own screenshots, the ones here are taken from the web (I usually don't take screenshots during playing). But it's not a problem, I still have the saves, so if you'd like to place the review on the frontpage, I'll provide screenshots from my playthrough.

Sure, it seems worthy of consideration. But more generally, if you're already going to this much effort to write a review, you might as well put in just a bit more effort to reach the frontpage quality bar. I see that your previous reviews were more basic, so you seem to be getting there.

lightbane

Arcane
This game sounds like the average eurojank game, good for what it is, but not a particularly good game.

Take for example long earth books by pratchett and baxter. New word introduced involved only new physics phenomenon... and thats it. And it is actually old world repurposed. I 'jump'. And I dont jump sidewise into parallel dimension and made up fancy world for that involving string theory. You jump west... thats it.

Uh, that explains why I felt the first book was weak. It gets worse from there it seems.

Black Angel

Arcane

Have you tried Brigand: Oaxaca? I haven't, but unless you're specifically searching the classical Fallouts, I've heard and vaguely remembered Brigand being compared to Fallout, or perhaps it was New Vegas?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Have you tried Brigand: Oaxaca? I haven't, but unless you're specifically searching the classical Fallouts, I've heard and vaguely remembered Brigand being compared to Fallout, or perhaps it was New Vegas?

I only read about Brigand. Despite quite archaic presentation the game seems really interesting. I may try it in the future, but it's really hard to say when I'll find time. There are so many RPGs I want to play first.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Brigand Oaxaca?
First person RPG made by one guy, ton of jank, mixed story...
And pretty hard iirc
No idea what game can it be compared to but surely not Fallouts.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
He's got a point tho, it's much closer in spirit to desu ex. Played it a bit and it was fun and interesting, but I suck at fps, and coupled with long loading times it kinda put me off from playing to completion.

Risewild

Arbiter
Ok, since Lord_Potato told me I should share here my past rants about this game... Here it is a WALL of TEXT.
Don't expect a nice and well put WALL OF TEXT. English is my second language.

I'm not sure if I would consider this a review. I suck at reviews and I fail to analyze things that others have no problem doing, like story and stuff like that. So this will be my opinion about Krai Mira: Extended Cut and nothing else.

This game says in the store page this:
  • precise, turn-based combat design
  • intriguing main storyline in an open world
  • sneaking, setting up traps and mines
  • collecting weapons, armor, and unique items
  • character development around personal preferences
  • gaining followers
  • inspired by cult games like Fallout, Commandos, and Diablo
Just these things make it sound like a great game, but unfortunately it is not a great game, there I already laid it out for you. You can skip reading the rest because it will mostly be me ranting about the game and at the end I will put the few things I liked about it.

-It says that the game has a precise, turn-based combat design. I don't know what that is even supposed to mean.
Yes, it has a turn-based combat system and in the Extended Cut they implemented a real-time system to speed up combat (you can change the combat systems on the options screen). The real-time is not really real time, what it does is you have your turn like in the turn-based system and then once your turn is over all the rest of the characters/critters (friendly and hostile) have their turn all at once.
The game has fake turns though, while your turn or the enemy turn is going on, anyone that is not in the combat is just moving around the map in real time, so if you're taking your time to decide which enemy to attack or something during your turn, a new enemy might just walk by and see you and now you have another enemy to deal with. That is stupid to say the least.

This combat system has weapon modes like burst and aimed shots, I don't think we can have aimed hits with any close ranged weapons. Fallout 1 already had this (close combat aimed hits) 20 years before.

This game doesn't have ammo types, so no FMJ, JHP or AP ammo. Fallout 1 had this 20 years before.

This game doesn't have shooting stances (crouch, prone) Fallout Tactics had this 16 years before.

This game has a very basic armor value that I still have no idea what it does. I can tell the damage I receive goes down the higher my armor value is, but I still have no idea how the value affects the reduction (I assume it might be reduced by a percentage equal to the armor value). That is the only protection that the game uses. Fallout 1 once again 20 years before used Armor Class, Damage Threshold and Damage Resistance. Different kinds of armor are better against different types of Damage. None of that exist on Krai Mira.

Ammo is also weightless with the exception of gas canisters (for flame thrower type of weapons). That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending of the player. I don't care either way because I play close combat and just use ammo as secondary currency because weights nothing too.

In Fallout we have two hands, so we can have two different weapons or a weapon and some healing item available in combat without wasting AP opening the inventory. Not in this game, in this game you only have one hand and so you can only have one weapon equipped, you can't equip healing items at all and if you want to change weapon or use an item, then you have to waste tons of AP to open the inventory and do what you want to do and close the inventory. Fallout did it better once again 20 years before.
Just like Fallout, you can't equip armor during combat.

One thing that always annoys me in games like this is when they do what this game does... When you kill an enemy and then loot their body, the weapon/equipment they were using is gone, you get random loot instead. I kill someone that was roasting me using a flamethrower and all his body has is some crossbow bolts and 12 nuts? I kill someone that is using a shotgun and all I get is a pistol? WTF?

-It says that the game has a intriguing main storyline in an open world.
The main story could be positive except that the english version is not the best translation. Many times I was scratching my head thinking what the hell I had just read and have no idea what I was picking for my character to say or what NPCs were saying to me. I hope it is better in the other languages because the english one really destroys the little writing that this game has.

I mentioned little writing and I mean it. Besides the main story there is little or actually no writing, you can't talk to pretty much any NPC unless they are related to a quest somehow (and there aren't many of those around). Even quest related NPCs become speechless after they told you whatever they needed to tell you related to the quest.
If you're lucky when you click on an NPC after the icon changed into a speech bubble you will get a very short dialogue menu.
Why do I say lucky? Because sometimes, even though the cursor changes to a speech bubble (which means you can "talk" to that person) nothing happens when you click on that NPC, no dialogue and no menu appears.

You can sometimes have an option to work. The "work" option only appears if you're talking to a merchant that travels between settlements and the work is so you can get hired to guard the caravan. You will always have several hostile encounters during the trip (usually 3 or 4) and then you get paid a few hundred screw nuts (game currency). I think the value depends of how far the settlement is.
Most other people you can activate will have that menu but with just the Barter and Dice options. The dice option is only selectable if the NPC has any nuts with them.

Also the game suffers from not having many choices during dialogue, it is usually a "Nice guy" or a "Though guy" answers. Sometimes your guy talks like a philosopher or a strategist even though his Erudition value is 5 (which is the one you start with before you assign any extra points to it). The Erudition attribute is the one that "improves your speech, education and stealing ability". Once again Fallout 20 years before already had Dialogue options dependent on your Attribute values.
Our character also one minute is discussing a plan with a friend, all friendly and nice and keeping it civil and then out of the blue an option appears to say stuff like "Shut up silly woman. Don't tell me what I do or not, I decide that and I will do it my way" but it was written in a very aggressive way (or at least I had that impression)... I don't even recall the woman saying what we should do, it was giving suggestions because that was what we were both talking about.

Another thing about the intriguing story, there are three times in the main quest story where your character is stripped of everything he owns, has equipped and loses all the followers... Now this wouldn't be bad, but the way it happens is bad. The first time is when:
You get sent on a mission right after you report the conclusion of a different mission, you can't even say no. That mission requires you to lose all your equipment and items in your inventory and have no companions because you need to look like a normal merchant... Makes absolutely no sense since normal merchants hire guards and have weapons and armor themselves too... This happens just so you get captured and can't fight your way out of it.
The second time is when you have to infiltrate the evil city and the only way is to get inside a pig carcass... so you can't have any equipment, items or followers.
They force you to do this so you are forced to use the badly implemented, clunky and awful sneak system or the armored guards using shotguns will rip you a new asshole before you can reach a storeroom and get some basic equipment (which they will still rip you a new asshole if more than one attacks you at once).
The third time is when what I mention after this spoiler happens:
Also during the game you have a chance to confront some people and while they have a few armored guards and are equipped with rifles or shotguns, you don't have the chance to even fight them, you will automatically go to a fade out screen and be captured immediately, even if you just said to those people that you will fight and stop them and stuff... This was frustrating for me but I can only imagine for a character that has twice my levels and can probably kill all those enemies very easily.

About the open world, I actually liked some locations, they look quite interesting, but then they fall flat on their face because you can't talk to anyone...
The world map travel is like Fallout, you click on the map and move there, you have random encounters and I am sure some special encounters (I remember encountering a Boy and it's Dog for example), and i think the special encounters can be found several times during one playthrough. What the world map travel has worst than Fallout is that if you find a random encounter and you manage to avoid it, then you stop in the map. In Fallout you would continue to go your way if you avoided an encounter. In Fallout you can also scroll the world map and pick where to walk anywhere, in Krai Mira you are limited to the map you see on the screen, you can zoom in or out but you still can't scroll to click on the other side of the map for example.

-It says sneaking, setting up traps and mines.
You can definitely set up traps and mines so that is a plus but the sneaking is not really there much. There is no sneak skill or sneak mode. To "sneak" you have to walk instead of running and try to walk behind the NPCs and even then they will detect you most of the time if you get too close.
It could be ok since it is more realistic than just "upping" some sneak skill and be almost invisible right in front of the enemy, but the problem is that there isn't a key/button to walk and sometimes when you click near your character (only way to make it walk) it still runs, spoiling the "stealth mode". Really clunky and not very functional at all. The worst thing is that the game relies on this sneak for at least a couple of times, where if you're seen you will most surely get killed (the why is in the above Spoilers).

-They say that this game allows collecting weapons, armor, and unique items.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That's a really good joke.

You're not allowed to collect anything at all. The game doesn't have any containers or places to store items, if you drop any item on the ground and leave the map, it is gone forever. You can take things out of boxes and dead enemies but you can't put anything in them. Which also creates the problem that if you reached your weight limit, you will have to quit the loot window, open your inventory and drop items from it, then open the loot window again and take whatever you want. It is a cumbersome and ridiculous looting system, and it is made worst because the game doesn't pause while you're in the looting window or when you're accessing the inventory, so if you're in a place where you're getting irradiated you will get irradiated a lot just by trying to loot something and have to drop something else.

So since you have no containers and the ground isn't safe to drop items then how will you collect anything? Simple answer would be, you carry everything you want to keep with you of course. But wait... didn't I mentioned that the game removes your equipment, items and followers three times during the main quest? Yes, you got it, you get stripped of everything and never see any of it again. All lost forever, three times during the main quest, and without anywhere to store items.
I had to kiss goodbye to a unique axe and a unique katana (which were both the weapons I was using before I lost them) which were quest rewards. Collecting weapons, armor, and unique items...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

There's a fair amount of weapons, but the amount of armors is very small, I think there are maybe four or five different chest pieces (I think they are four in total) but only three different shoulder pieces.
There's a lot of headgear though.

Weapons, armor and items do not have any type of description and their names and effects (like drug effects) are many times strange and confusing.

-They say character development around personal preferences.
I say, what preferences? There is almost no preferences in dialogue, usually there are between 1 to 4 dialogue options (usually 1 or 2 most of the time).
There are no customizing your character, you will always be the guy in a yellow t-shirt, wearing jeans and sunglasses (until you get some armor, armor changes the appearance of your character).
You can change the name of the character though. Yay!

Character system is very simple, there's no skills, traits or perks. But there is a kinda of skill/perk mashed together (they do call it perks). Basically when you level up you gain one attribute point and a skill/perk point.
So this game has some kind of perks that each have three ranks, you start the game with like 3 of them that you can pick and when you level up (I think, it might be dependent on your attribute values, I am not sure, this game doesn't tell us almost anything about it's mechanics, not even in the manual that comes with the game, which I read) more appear.

These skill/perks give bonuses, but to be honest some of the descriptions of them just confuse me, I beat the game and I still am not sure of what some do. I have a vague idea but I am still not sure of one or two of them.

Here is an example of some of those skill/perks:
The Heart of a Dog
Medication lack is not what you care about. Each time entering a new location you get additional health points:

1st level: + 4 HP

2nd level: + 8 HP

3rd level: + 12 HP

Doctor Tyson
The enemy gets lost in your tricky dodging and your punches go through

1st level: 2 times

2nd level: 3 times

3rd level: 4 times
more often in a close combat.

Cannibal
Flesh of the enemy gives a relief. Searching the bodies gives you

1st level: + 4 HP

2nd level: + 6 HP

3rd level: + 8 HP

Mimicry
Who the hell was that? It will take your enemy at least

1st level : 1 seconds

2nd level: 2 seconds

3rd level: 3 seconds
to answer this question and realize what's happening.
Apparently there's no level cap, so you can just level up and get all the perks anyway, so even that is not customization.

-They also say: gaining followers.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Again, you can get maybe six followers in the entire game, the problem is that you start the game with three but you lose them as soon as you reach the first settlement you're sent to, then you can get a dog and two more followers to liberate some Oasis, but then you lose them all in the story mission where you're stripped of everything and never again see any of them. Later you find your dog again but after a while you lose it again because story mode and losing everything, then after that I haven't seen the dog again.
You can get a follower at the end bit of the game and that one is still with me even after the end of the game.
Followers also suck to be honest. You can't give them items or interact with their inventory at all or change their weapons and armor, they do not grow stronger ever (exception to this is the dog is stronger when you find him the second time, but he doesn't grow stronger ever again), you can only tell them to stay close to you (which most times fails and they only catch up once you're stopped and waiting for them), or to be a bit farther.
You can heal them if you have healing items (which there is only one type and only heals 30HP) and they are wounded.
You can't even talk to them at all.

-Another thing they say is that this game was inspired by cult games like Fallout, Commandos, and Diablo.
What a bunch of bullshit. I can see how they got a little inspiration from Fallout (radiated wasteland, mutants, using AP to attack/move/open inventory, ripoff items like power fist and stimpaks which have their own weird names but that is pretty much it). But I see nothing from Diablo and nothing from Commandos at all. Unless they mean it is an isometric view game.
I have said it here before several times, I hate when devs use iconic game names saying it is a spiritual successor or inspired by those games and then they have pretty much nothing in common. Well this game does that in relation to using Diablo and Commandos names.

I will also add that the game respawns items and stuff everytime you leave the map and return. One way I managed to exploit the game very easily was to just get out of a bar that had gambling into the town where the bar was located and then just go in again. All the blackjack tables were full of caps again and everyone had items or nuts to be pickpocket or just gambled away in dice (in case of nuts).
Merchants also respawn their inventory each time (and they get random items and nuts when that happens) so there is an overabundance of items to be purchased.

You can also remember where in a town there is a loot container and just go out of the town and come back and you will get free stuff from that loot container every time, you can even get nuts from the containers sometimes. Very exploitable and really breaks any balance, that is until the game removes all your stuff...

You can buy a buggy type of car and fuel it with gas canisters, unfortunately the game sends you to a mission in an area and you might lose that car and the guy who build it for you doesn't make you another anymore. You lost 6k nuts for nothing.
What happens is the game sends you to a city and while in the city you get captured and then find out that city exploded, bye bye buggy if you took it there. This happens hours after you arrived at the city and after the annoying losing all items twice and have to do a sneak through security guards, so only a masochist player would reload the game before that happens to store the buggy somewhere else to still have it after that part.

The good:
  • The armor system uses several parts, you have head gear like hats and helmets, you have the chest piece and you have left and right shoulder pads.
    • Now what is not so good is that you don't have any leg or feet armor, I can't understand why not to be honest.
  • The map is nice and has a few interesting locations.
  • The graphics go from ok to quite good for me although some people say they are bad. I can never judge graphics in a way other people can.
  • The music does a good job for the game.
  • Classic Fallout style map travel.
  • Gambling. You can play dice with some strange rules I have ever seen before, blackjack, a kind of roulette and slot machines.
    • I never played roulette so I don't know how it is, but betting on Blackjack can be a pain in the ass. When you are choosing the value you want to bet you have to click an arrow to increase the value by 10 nuts or another arrow to decrease it by ten nuts. The problem is that the initial value starts around 100 to 200 nuts (if you have that much) and if you want to bet thousands of nuts at once you have to click over and over while increasing the value only 10 nuts a time (I once went from around 160 to around 2600, so I had to click like crazy for around 250 times).
    • The dice game can drag a lot, they implemented some options you can set at the start of the game, but the first time I played it I had no idea what it was so I decided to keep it the same and it dragged a lot. From that moment on I only bet the minimum target value and only 1 second between dice rolls...
  • You get exp from gambling.
    • This can be exploited because you can just play dice with small bets and lose and still get exp, then you just keep playing until the NPC has many nuts he gained from you and then you start betting the max amount he has until you win and you recovered all your money, you gained exp and you got all of the NPC money too.
  • Has traps and mines.
  • You can continue playing after the end of the game and I think some things might be different. I found a NPC I rescued that was now the leader of a town and he has dialogue saying what happened after I saved him and after the happenings of the game ending.
My verdict is: It is not a good game. It is kinda cheap and it might be fun if you're not expecting a game with deep RPG system, choice and consequence, if you can forgive the bad english translation or play in a different language, if you don't mind being forced to do things just because the game wants you to do them, if you don't mind spending hours getting the best armor you can find just to lose it right away forever, three times in a row, if you do not need a story rich game.

PS: I totally forgot about a few other things in this game:

There's a part in the game where you take some mushroom powder or something to "dream and find the truth in your dreams" or something like that.
This dreams sequence goes for two small maps (I thought that the first one had a pretty cool scene though) and then you appear like magic in the military base where you were sent on the first quest that removes all your equipment... The game doesn't show any indication that you're not dreaming anymore, I thought I was still dreaming, because how did my character that was a prisoner in one place all of a sudden appeared free on more than half way of the world map with no indication the dream had ever ended?
After that I managed to run away from a guard who wanted to arrest me and made my way into the wasteland again. I had no equipment or items or companions but I managed to quickly get re-equipped and pretty much rich since this game throws economy and balance out of the window.
Then I got arrested when I talked to some important guy and another stupid thing happened... I was sent to prison but for some reason I retained all the items... So I lose everything while on a mission where it makes no sense to lose anything, but am sent to prison with all my weapons and items?

Also this game does not have a "look" function like in Fallout, so if you put your cursor over a NPC it doesn't tell you that person name (if you already knew it) or what weapon they are carrying, etc. You can't examine anything in the world either. Items only get the interact cursor when you hover them or they don't. Which makes it hard to know you can interact with something. There were some maps I had to walk over them several times placing my cursor over anything that looked like I could activate it, it takes a while and becomes boring.

This game also doesn't have a battle log or a message display window. Remember that handy window on the bottom left of the screen in the classic fallout games where we get information in battle like if we missed or how much damage we suffered from an attack, etc, that would show information about the NPCs and the environment, if we hovered the cursor on those things or would show a small log of what the NPCs would say to us in dialogue? Doesn't exist.

While the game has mines, traps and timed explosives, it doesn't have any kind of throwing weapons (knives, spears, grenades, cocktail molotov, rocks, etc). Again Fallout did this 20 years before. Also there isn't any kind of light artillery weapons, so no missile, rocket, grenade, etc launchers.

If you want to equip armors, you have to have specific Health Attribute values, so if you want to survive you have to up the Health Attribute to at least 11 or 12 so you can equip the best armors.
Weapons also have attribute requirements, usually for close combat weapons it is Strength or Agility, for ranged weapons it is Perception.

You can't die from radiation in this game. Once you hit high radiation levels you get reduced AP and maybe deal less damage. You also get a chance of mutating and permanently gain one point in Strength, Health or Agility while losing one point on Perception or Erudition.
Reducing Radiation is done with the game's own version of Radaway (which reduces 75% of your radiation levels), over time or by having sex in some settlements (prostitutes).

When you have sex with a prostitute you have a chance of the prostitute telling you that a previous client blabbered about hiding a stash nearby. You will get a map marker to go there and get free goodies. I don't know if this chance depends on how much that settlement likes you or not.

You can increase your reputation with a settlement by selling things to people that live there. But you need to give them a nice profit for the reputation to increase. You lose reputation if you fight someone or do other bad things.

Closing thoughts:
I'm glad the devs made this game to be honest. I hope they can make some money somehow and learn from it. I would love to see what they can do in the future if they can get experience and improve their skills.
We need more isometric RPGs, and specially not fantasy ones. Although I found many big and small flaws and annoyances in this game, I hope the devs can continue developing more games in the future and actually learn from the good games from the past that they say they took inspiration for.
At the moment I do not recommend this game for anyone that is looking for a classic Fallout experience. A good effort from a small indie studio but unfortunately if felt flat and annoying in many ways.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks Risewild ! It seems you focused on other aspects of the game like gambling and settlement reputation - BTW what was that about? I did not see any positive effects of high reputation.

I'd say Krai Mira has lots of types of armor - propably more than Fallout 1&2 (in Fallouts you have basically 5/6 types: leather jacket & armor, metal armor, combat armor and then power armor , sometimes also in 'upgraded' versions). However it's true there are only three types of pauldrons (armored, tyres, wolfhead).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom