Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
When the fuck is the Sonora translation going to be ready?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Wow! Dogmeat's actually leveled after all! He's now a stunningly high level 2 :lol:
I don't know when it happened. I've acquired him on PC level 3, and I've stopped hoping for his advancement around lvl5.
PC now being a level 9, I can (barely :) ) survive the generic raiders' ambushes, i.e. 2 riflemen, 2 melee, against me and my trusty Dogmeat. He's actually critted raider for 32 a while ago! At level 1, he scored 15 at most, mostly hitting for 3-10.
Don't know about Nevada, but Dogmeat in FO2 can hit 19 or 21 AP...
In that case, Nevada's Dogmeat is different indeed. He doesn't hit that hard, but he often topples an opponent, and he can serve as a semi-tank. Some 120 HP on lvl2 :shittydog: or so. In other words, he's implemented quite carefully. He doesn't break the game too much, more like adds a dimension to fights. Anyway, I was sort of musing, mine wasn't anything acerbic. I hope it wasn't percieved as such.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Whats very good NEVADA char build?
small guns, speech, pump int/agi

:troll:

But really, classic fallout builds work fine. Unarmed is very good. Energy weapons in the latter part, etc.

Just have in mind that for a lot of quests, science, repair and doctor will come in very handy, but those can also be buffed a lot with books.

lockpicking is also a good skill to tag. Dump charisma, you don't have followers.

perks: gifted (obviously) and something else.

Snufkin

Augur
Whats very good NEVADA char build?
small guns, speech, pump int/agi

:troll:

But really, classic fallout builds work fine. Unarmed is very good. Energy weapons in the latter part, etc.

Just have in mind that for a lot of quests, science, repair and doctor will come in very handy, but those can also be buffed a lot with books.

lockpicking is also a good skill to tag. Dump charisma, you don't have followers.

perks: gifted (obviously) and something else.
I went with gifted + good natured , 6/7/4/1/10/10/8 Small guns, Speech, Science
I think unarmed with skilled replacing gifted would be better, but im sticking what i got lvl 6 atm.

Snufkin

Augur
I generally go with gifted + small frame for the +8 stats.

In Nevada you losse a lot of skill points because there is a lot of skill checks and gifted takes away 10 of each skill which is huge loss. Also small frame is bad because there are no companions to carry stuff.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

In Nevada you losse a lot of skill points because there is a lot of skill checks and gifted takes away 10 of each skill which is huge loss. Also small frame is bad because there are no companions to carry stuff.
You get a car though... And there are lookers in every town where you can store stuff.

Cael

Arcane

With 10 Int, you will get 100 in plenty of skills pretty fast.

And no companions is no fun...

Alphons

Cipher
With 10 INT you lose the bonus INT point from solving the various investigations.

I did my last run without investing a single point into weapon skills (of course used the Small Guns skill books). Detective's Special you get from dealing with Molerats gang carried me the entire game due to it's low STR requirement.
Started with 3 STR, +3 from PA and +1 from boxing coach, +1 CHR from beauty kit, +1 INT from Private Investigator and +1 Luck from businessman
IMG-20220228-170708.jpg

Snufkin

Augur
With 10 INT you lose the bonus INT point from solving the various investigations.

I did my last run without investing a single point into weapon skills (of course used the Small Guns skill books). Detective's Special you get from dealing with Molerats gang carried me the entire game due to it's low STR requirement.
Started with 3 STR, +3 from PA and +1 from boxing coach, +1 CHR from beauty kit, +1 INT from Private Investigator and +1 Luck from businessman
IMG-20220228-170708.jpg
Nice jack-of-all-trades char you got there ! :)

Snufkin

Augur
This will be doublepost by me but fuck it.

Alphons do you think it would be wise to use luck as dump stat?

Alphons

Cipher
It all depends on what you plan to do. Definitely don't dump Charisma as you need to have at least 5 and drugs to progress the jazzman/ stripper questline in Reno (plus a female with Charisma gets a few opportunities for extra money)

I'd say that if you don't plan to go through the entire game blasting everything, then I'd say that in terms of dumping it's:

1. Endurance- there aren't many fights outside of random encounters and you'll almost always have some assistance from NPCs. With decent crits and some money you can get 2 Endurance points

2. Strength- you'll be carrying a lot of stuff, but there're lockers in every city and you can always travel by bus (or get your own car). If you have money to burn then you can get 1 extra point very early and PA further down the line for another 3 points.
Most of new weapons need max 6 Strength.

3. Luck- you'll have tough time near the end without either Sneak or crits. You can get 1 extra point in the second half of the game after burning some money (+ you have to finish certain quests)

Snufkin

Augur
It all depends on what you plan to do. Definitely don't dump Charisma as you need to have at least 5 and drugs to progress the jazzman/ stripper questline in Reno (plus a female with Charisma gets a few opportunities for extra money)

I'd say that if you don't plan to go through the entire game blasting everything, then I'd say that in terms of dumping it's:

1. Endurance- there aren't many fights outside of random encounters and you'll almost always have some assistance from NPCs. With decent crits and some money you can get 2 Endurance points

2. Strength- you'll be carrying a lot of stuff, but there're lockers in every city and you can always travel by bus (or get your own car). If you have money to burn then you can get 1 extra point very early and PA further down the line for another 3 points.
Most of new weapons need max 6 Strength.

3. Luck- you'll have tough time near the end without either Sneak or crits. You can get 1 extra point in the second half of the game after burning some money (+ you have to finish certain quests)
I have very detailed guide in polish language and there is plenty of Charisma uses with 7-8-9-10 in that stat.

I uploaded it translated into english:

https://pdfhost.io/v/FdvuqBgL8_fallout_nevada_potato_guide

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm about to start Nevada. Just to make sure, 2.0.3.3 is the current version, right?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I wonder about Nevada pacifist run. Should be easily doable.

I did pacifist run of Sonora, it was mostly smooth aside from three engagements

Alphons

Cipher
I wonder about Nevada pacifist run. Should be easily doable.

Yeah, everything is doable, but you'll miss some good endings/ some other people will die.
Though there's one quest that expects you to kill and if you accomplish the objective without anyone dying then the console will tell that you've failed (it will still progress and you'll get the reward).
Ambushing Bertollini's courier for Big Louis. If you pickpocket the package and leave before he gets attacked then the console tells you that you've failed and angered Louis.

I've avoided most kills, but used the wire from Vegas to strangle some people (they're not added to your Kills).

Slavers in Vegas to free the slaves, drug lab staff to free the test subjects, Provo leaders for good ending, Ripper to save Big Louis once he becomes jazzman, Harrelson to save the scavenger from SLC and the final clone at Government Vault that would kill the engineer

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
How do I change the ownership of the uranium mine? I gave the explosives to Wright and cleared the worms, but now neither Nelson nor Wright have any new dialogue options where I could advance the quest further. Do I have to give it to the union guy?

Alphons

Cipher
How do I change the ownership of the uranium mine? I gave the explosives to Wright and cleared the worms, but now neither Nelson nor Wright have any new dialogue options where I could advance the quest further. Do I have to give it to the union guy?

You have 3 choices regarding the mine:

Wright- kill Nestor (strangle him or blow up, otherwise others may attack you), lets you do the rest of Wright's quest and get his Rep Title.

Nestor- get him the explosives, but that fails the quest with scavengers as these are the only explosives in the game (so you also lose the metal detector upgrade)

Union Atomic Workers- you can fail this one if you tell Nestor about the guy planning to take over

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
And I'm through. What a ride, Nevada is comparable to Archolos for Gothic II. Some (no doubt) crazed Eastern European modders managed to make a whole new installment that is about on par with the original game.

Codex Year of the Donut
And I'm through. What a ride, Nevada is comparable to Archolos for Gothic II. Some (no doubt) crazed Eastern European modders managed to make a whole new installment that is about on par with the original game.
Sonora is better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom