Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Is Sonora english translation ready or at least some version that is not done with google translate?

Modron

Arcane
Nevada extended is an additional modification by another modder which throws in a bit more zanier stuff into the game kind of diluting the more serious nature of Nevada which is why I avoided it so I can't really speak to the writing in it. Adds a little bit of cut/unfinished content in addition to the lulzy stuff and I hear some vatnik text here and there isn't translated. More Fallout 2ish than a Fallout 1 experience was my thoughts on what I read about it back then.

agris

Arcane
Patron
rusty_shackleford fwiw I played the eng translation of crazy edition, which I think was a proto extended + made combat more difficult, and it was noticeably buggy. Reading the regular Nevada thread I didn’t see bugs like what I was experiencing, so I believe crazy edition added it.

Modron

Arcane
I was under the impression that extended edition was just patched up crazy edition renamed as well, am I wrong? If so ignore my recomendations.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The extended edition, which I finished recently, didn't have a lot of crazy/zany stuff. I think the idea was to include some more of the stuff they had to cut from the original release of Nevada. The only problem is that some of the new additions are not translated to English very well, but they are understandable.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Very good but wow is it long. I have probably 5x the amount of playtime than Fallout 1.5, at least, and I have yet to even get power armor. I think this is the first time in a Fallout game I've taken the perk that gives a bonus to strength for the purpose of using weapons because, being used to Fallout 1 and 2 and having recently played Fallout 1.5, I made a low strength character anticipating that I would get power armor relatively early, but nope (everything you have to go through to repair the power armor is great, an extension of what was good about the power armor in Fallout 1 and what was missing in later Fallout games). I think some people earlier in the thread mentioned this game being easier than 1.5 but so far I've found it significantly harder; I managed to wipe out a deathclaw nest in 1.5 shortly after getting a burst rifle assault rifle, but taking on the vault deathclaws in Nevada required multiple trips and a lot of drugs/stimpacks (which are extremely rare in this).

Translation has been all over the place but never anything that is unintelligible. Everything up to New Reno was very well translated and written (barring some of the main storyline stuff like a biker being named Jay Kukish which is an extremely goofy and un-Fallout sounding name) but suddenly the quality of translation and writing dipped once I reached Vegas, but some other later areas are not as bad.

Last edited:

Comte_II

What is fallout 1.5?

Where can you download fallout nevada?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Finished it just now. My opinion from before is mostly the same but most of what I played since then was worse than what came before. It's hard to even criticize the story because it's such a disjointed mess. I can tell they were trying to instill a sense of mystery and gradual uncovering of sinister plots in the same way that Fallout 1 did so well, and Fallout 2 slightly less well, but they ended up jamming so many disparate plot elements together that I could never feel any sense of mystery or revelation because I never knew enough to care. I'm sure some of it can be blamed on bad translation, but I would have a very hard time believing this is that much better in the original Russian and it wouldn't fix the pacing. Fallout 1 is one of the best examples of how it can pay off to keep things simple when it comes to plot and this game should have copied that.

I still have very little idea as to what the purpose of the introductory flashback sequence was. Originally I assumed the main plotline would have you searching for Doctor Moreau, with him possibly turning out to be the main antagonist, but there is absolutely no mention of him after the intro (unless I missed something, but if I did then it couldn't have been very vital to the plot). I was also quite confused as to whether or not the character you play as in the intro is meant to be the character you continue to play as in the main game. I suppose it's possible that the character you are playing as in the intro is an earlier clone of yourself, but then what is the point of that.

It then throws an amnesia plot device on top of this, which as it turns out is completely pointless; presumably the reason you'd have an amnesiac protagonist is so they can end up finding out that they, and everyone else in Vault 8 was a clone the whole time, except everyone in Vault 8, including your character, is already kept in the dark about the cloning project, so having them be an amnesiac is completely redundant (compared this to Fallout 1.5, which I thought handled the amnesiac plot device pretty well, even if it was a classic retracing your steps story that is somewhat cliche it works well).

Then you have the sloppy Jay Kukish character, another possible antagonist character that ends up going nowhere. After some buildup all you get is an awkward meeting with him where he then gives you another plot element that has no meaning, the mysterious device, and sends you off to follow some more threads. Then you find him dead in the last area. Who killed him, why, who knows, who cares.

Then the Reaper of Souls. The only reason I knew he was supposed to be the villain was because I saw brief mention of it in the thread before playing, otherwise I would have had no idea what that the first encounter with him was meant to imply. It seems like they were copying the Frank Horrigan encounter for the sake of it, but the original Frank Horrigan encounter was very ominous and immediately lets you know the guy is a psychotic villain, you are also teased with his presence throughout the rest of the game to remind you of the threat, whereas in Nevada you see the Reaper of Souls once in the confused beginnings and then not again until 80 hours or so later at the end of the game.

I'd rant more but I realized I don't really care. I had forgotten about so many of the plot threads by the end of the game anyway. To top it all off there is a shitty final boss fight where my only option was to reload over and over until I got a lucky critical hit with my minigun.

With all that said the game is still worth playing just because everything other than the main story is very good.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Are there any followers/companions available?
Hello, friendly Necro the Owynator here. Some dude called arroyoman compiled a neat companion mod for Fallout: Nevada

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/companion-mod-for-fallout-of-nevada.219739/

It seems it's working with the "Complete" edition of Nevada i.e. the latest version.
There are some caveats with the first two companions:
Dogmeat doesn't seem to level up, nor can he carry anything. He's a one mean killing machine at early levels though. He slightly breaks the game - or speeds it up. It's a matter of perspective, I suppose.
Jasmine is a useless combatant, she usually cannot hit anything, and she dies very quickly. But she provides a bit of a story and is generally really sweet. What more can a lonely traveler wish for...

I haven't encountered the third companion yet.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Anyone got a recommendation on what skills to develop in this mod?
Usually I go with small guns and speech in Fallout. What would be a useful skill for the last tag?
Thought of lockpick, science or repair. Do any of those skills have an impact on crafting?
Take Good Natured, spec only one combat skill and concentrate your SPs on the rest.

Nevada does use most of non-combat skills to some degree. Doctor is a must, but First Aid specs with books; Gambling is optional, Traps - you can live without, Steal is close to useless.

You can tag Doctor, Repair or Outdoorsman, all come in handy.
I find Nevada pretty cool. Especially because of the emphasis on adventure elements/solving riddles.
However, that quest with the first caravan to Black Rock....

If you discover how to deal with the raiders the "non-combat way" you are later rewarded 700XP, and you can pick them clean. If you fight and kill them, you get their loot, 335XP for killing them, and then later you also get awarded 700XP for the quest. A serious crime against the pristine spirit of questing indeed!

Last edited:

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Call me lazy, but can someone point me a link to the translation of Crazy Edition (latest iteration) ??

I don't want to hunt for download links in +30 pages of comments.
:shredder:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Call me lazy, but can someone point me a link to the translation of Crazy Edition (latest iteration) ??

I don't want to hunt for download links in +30 pages of comments.
:shredder:

No calling you lazy, forums should be here to help.
Btw, I don't think "Crazy Edition" is good for reasons noted in the link below. However, if it is indeed your intent, you can get it there as well.

Fallout: Nevada Extended
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-nevada-extended.207311/

Fallout: Nevada CE - seems like the Official Torrent is on this page
https://fnevada.bgforge.net/

Probably working EN translation for the CE
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicfallout/comments/jwhxr3/fallout_nevada_crazy_edition_link/

Companions for Fallout: Nevada
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/companion-mod-for-fallout-of-nevada.219739/

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah I was never really impressed with any of the content of Crazy Edition. It also seemingly added a lot of bugs I never encountered on a vanilla playthrough.

Alphons

Cipher
disjointed mess

If you check out the Nevada Bible, then you'll see how much was cut- there were totally different plots with Moreau and raiders, but also a lot of stuff that was cut from the current iteration.

The translation was improved a lot and Keyboard Gecko (guy that did the Olympus translation) cleaned up plot details that were messy even in Russian.

I've talked with him on NMA so the plot details below are confirmed
If you don't kill the Reaper at the Government Vault (sneak by for example) he's in Vault 8 instead of Colonel and you can talk with him more.

Reaper is the doctor mentioned on some terminals in the Vault as the guy who was experimenting with President's head.

People at the Government Vault (president and his staff) weren't part of the Enclave and were instead part of an experiment. After the president started murdering others, the survivors contacted the Enclave and were rescued by them.

Vault 8 was partially staffed by normal humans (for example Overseer and Moreau). Enclave planned to use the clones of their members to transplant organs and live longer. After they evacuated the VP and other survivors from GV, the Reaper discovered the existence of Vault 8. He used the equipment from GV and survivors from Salt Lake City in his experiments in order to enhance his body and create his own imperfect clones (story about the ghost train that abducts people that sheriff tells you about and why everyone is afraid of the trainyard).

People from SLC weren't pure, but he couldn't access the Vault 8 clones due to it's defenses. He hired Jay Kukish to steal a part of the security system, leaving the Vault defenseless. He still couldn't access the secret level and had to kidnap the Overseer to extract the information how to reach it.

If you kill Reaper, Colonel that arrives is indeed a member of Enclave.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Wow! Dogmeat's actually leveled after all! He's now a stunningly high level 2 :lol:
I don't know when it happened. I've acquired him on PC level 3, and I've stopped hoping for his advancement around lvl5.
PC now being a level 9, I can (barely :) ) survive the generic raiders' ambushes, i.e. 2 riflemen, 2 melee, against me and my trusty Dogmeat. He's actually critted raider for 32 a while ago! At level 1, he scored 15 at most, mostly hitting for 3-10.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Wow! Dogmeat's actually leveled after all! He's now a stunningly high level 2 :lol:
I don't know when it happened. I've acquired him on PC level 3, and I've stopped hoping for his advancement around lvl5.
PC now being a level 9, I can (barely :) ) survive the generic raiders' ambushes, i.e. 2 riflemen, 2 melee, against me and my trusty Dogmeat. He's actually critted raider for 32 a while ago! At level 1, he scored 15 at most, mostly hitting for 3-10.
Don't know about Nevada, but Dogmeat in FO2 can hit 19 or 21 AP...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom