Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by OracleX, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    Finished the main quest yesterday, and, oh boy, I completely forgot about President's head all this years! Say what you want, but this is very Fallouty wacky thing: severed head of US president, attached to a life support system, going completely deranged with time. What connection to the main quest it has, though, I still don't get.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. barghwata Savant

barghwata
    So, i am really interested in playing this and i am curious, can a pacifist diplomat type character get you all the way to the end of the game or do you have to invest in combat skills?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zer0wing Liturgist

Zer0wing
    Either 1 combat skill for landing good crits on head to turn off enemies from combat or maxing out stealth.

^ Top  
  4. barghwata Savant

barghwata
    So speech and science aren't enough?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zer0wing Liturgist

Zer0wing
    You have to evade the collector of souls somehow. Speech and science come in handy in final dungeon, Vault 8 that is.
    Besides, where do you think you are if you confident in finishing F:Nevada with just speech and science? That's not how gamedesign here rolls, these other skills are useful in quests.

^ Top  
  6. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    in Sonora - yes, in Nevada - no.

^ Top  
  7. barghwata Savant

barghwata
    They are more then enough in the original Fallouts so i figured perhaps nevada is the same, stunting build variety by forcing the player to get one or two combat skills is unfortunate but people are saying that nevada made most skills useful so i guess that can be forgiven.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    ^ Top  
  8. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    Nevada is light on combat, but still has it nonetheless. One combat skill is enough. Small Guns are perfect for the entirety of the game; though, to kill Collector of Souls you would have to obtain Gauss rifle, level up energy and get plasma rifle, or use instakill from better criticals.

^ Top  
  9. kryminator Scholar

kryminator
    I just discovered existence of this game, downloading it now but one question bothers me - does it work with the original F2 or the bethesda F2 is needed to play (or maybe it is the same, idk)?

^ Top  
  10. CharacterNik Novice

CharacterNik
    Original Fallout 1.04 is enough i believe.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. CharacterNik Novice

CharacterNik
    Or better download Fallout Nevada Fixxed edition by Foxx. It fixes a lot of bugs and restores cut content .

^ Top  
  12. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    kill the guard next to him and cripple his leg (5 reloads avr?) and benny hill around the shack nearby

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    Nevada does not require the base game.

^ Top  
  14. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    With Turboplasma rifle and proper build I whacked him with three or four crits. Each hit was dealing 200-300 damage, so it was a very short fight.

On my first run he went down exactly the same, except with me having Gauss rifle.

^ Top  
  15. roshan Arcane

roshan
    Hi everyone, what's the main build for this game, and can anyone provide a download link? I think I saw that there was a FIXT version and some kind of ultimate version as well?

^ Top  
  16. kryminator Scholar

kryminator
    I downloaded version from this post on NMA: https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/
    That "latest release" had upload date 2020-04-07, so I assumed it is up-to-date. I chose it mostly because it's US version.

Although, there is also a version mentioned by CharacterNik
    I just didn't downloaded it because I already had the aforementioned one, but might be better. Might be also russian ofc ;)

^ Top  
  17. Feyd Rautha Cipher Patron

Feyd Rautha
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I believe you should play Fallout Nevada Fixed Mod, it has English translation. It's in the NMA thread linked above.

^ Top  
  18. kryminator Scholar

kryminator
    Is there any way to produce antidote? I remember these as a good, weightless source of money in Resurrection, FO1/2 or maybe FOnline.

^ Top  
  19. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    Vanilla Fallout antidote weights 1 pound

^ Top  
  20. kryminator Scholar

kryminator
    Ok, maybe I remember it all wrong, but anyway I have a Doctors Bag Scheme and want to make it but it needs antidote which I do not have and which should be easy to get (I also need disinfection which should be more problematic)

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    You need Radscorpion tail to make one, and have a campfire nearby.

^ Top  
  22. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    [​IMG]

No reloads. Just four crits.

^ Top  
  23. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    ^ y r u homos trying to prove to someone that you can kill the collector in 1.31415926 crits?

the point i made was that you can kill him at level 1 with zero skill investment, imo you can also run by and the ending still triggers

The reason I replied is below, which combat is obligatory in Nevada? I dont think this is true:

^ Top  
  24. Ol' Willy Magister

Ol' Willy
    That's not fun though.

^ Top  
  25. kryminator Scholar

kryminator
    I use campfire in railway in New Reno. I have radscorpion tails in inventory, I have radscorpion tails in my hands but I can only create doctors bag and iguana meal. What I am missing?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.