Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: New Vegas 10 Year Anniversary

Alphons

Cipher
how come you can make a character that would be a terrible courier if the player character has supposedly been a courier for a significant amount of time?
:hmmm:

Lots of people are bad at their jobs.
Don't you think a courier who was bad at his job would have long been killed in the setting?

You start on your knees in an open grave, so you could not have been a good courier.

maxresdefault.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
how come you can make a character that would be a terrible courier if the player character has supposedly been a courier for a significant amount of time?
:hmmm:

Lots of people are bad at their jobs.
Don't you think a courier who was bad at his job would have long been killed in the setting?

You start on your knees in an open grave, so you could not have been a good courier.

maxresdefault.jpg
evading raiders for as long as you did must have been tough though

Yosharian

Arcane
Just a quick FYI for any (lazy) fans of VNV, the Wabbajack port of VNV by TDarkShadow is being pulled in 24 hours so if you care at all about that, get to installing it pronto

Edit: there is just one bug atm with the WJ port, follow these instructions to fix it:

TDarkShadow
08/11/2022 14:38

So yeah, there is a bug atm with Wabbajack, which I just reported. For now, for a succesful launch, do the following steps; 1. Go to the downloads folder of the modlist. 2. Find NVHR-69779-4-2-1665589730.7z (if you have 7z, otherwise download the embeded file of this message) 3. Extract the file in your Fallout New Vegas installation folder.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just a quick FYI for any (lazy) fans of VNV, the Wabbajack port of VNV by TDarkShadow is being pulled in 24 hours so if you care at all about that, get to installing it pronto
more modding drama?

d1r

Patron
Yeah, typical WJ bullshit. These mod lists may be fine if you get a basic foundation install of absolute must have mods, but as soon as it gets to 30+ content mods territory, it becomes an absolute clusterfuck (especially in games like Skyrim/Fallout4 where mods are still getting updated constantly). And of course it gets even worse when the end user has absolute no knowledge of any modding tools like for example xEdit. People who actually want to play heavily modded Bethesda games have to realize that they have to invest a lot of time into the game's modding tools, to fix bug and consistency errors themselves. No fully modded game is perfect, or even close to it.

Codex Year of the Donut
can only imagine how buggy most people's games are since handling record conflicts & merging is never explained in guides

Drakortha

Liturgist
Mods eventually break your saves and kill any motivation to want to come back to the game. This is why these days whenever I'm in the mood for New Vegas I boot up the old Xbox 360. Got a few old saves on there and I can never be tempted to install mods.

Yosharian

Arcane
Mods eventually break your saves and kill any motivation to want to come back to the game. This is why these days whenever I'm in the mood for New Vegas I boot up the old Xbox 360. Got a few old saves on there and I can never be tempted to install mods.
VNV will not break your saves in any way and is a million times better than vanilla. Ridiculous comment.

In fact it's the opposite, vanilla is more likely to break your saves than VNV.

Drakortha

Liturgist
VNV will not break your saves in any way and is a million times better than vanilla. Ridiculous comment.

I've played enough Modded New Vegas over the past decade to know I'm not missing out on a lot without them. Stop being a faggot.

d1r

Patron

I've played enough Modded New Vegas over the past decade to know I'm not missing out on a lot without them. Stop being a faggot.

You clearly were doing things wrong then. Would have loved to see your mod load order just to get the full picture. :smug:

Drakortha

Liturgist

You clearly were doing things wrong then. Would have loved to see your mod load order just to get the full picture. :smug:

You'd love to waste your time doing that? Someone has issues.

d1r

Patron

Takes like 10 seconds to determine how fucked up your mod load order was. Stop being so butthurt.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

You can't be serious. This is trolling, right? Fuck man...

Drakortha

Liturgist

Takes like 10 seconds to determine how fucked up your mod load order was. Stop being so butthurt.

When I come back to the game after 5 year hiatus and want to play but I'm on a new computer or I've since done a PC reformat or what-have-you, it's just easier to boot up the Xbox 360 to immediately pick up a save where I left off than it is to spend the time re-modding my game back to the correct state so I can load an old save. It's more fun for me to just play the game without having to worry about it and New Vegas is a great game without mods.

You fucking losers with your mods, you think it's the only way to enjoy a game and that anyone who doesn't enjoy them equally is just butthurt because they can't "GIT GUD". You are despicable man. Praise Mods! Praise Todd! is that how it goes?

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
This is a place for love and understanding. Go away with your impoliteness and don't come back until you are friends with each other.

He started it.

I made an off the cuff comment about my preference not to use mods and as a result I'm engaged by several Bethesda drones lecturing me about their gay and retarded mod religion.

Last edited:

d1r

Patron

When I come back to the game after 5 year hiatus and want to play but I'm on a new computer or I've since done a PC reformat or what-have-you, it's just easier to boot up the Xbox 360 to immediately pick up a save where I left off than it is to spend the time re-modding my game back to the correct state so I can load an old save. It's more fun for me to just play the game without having to worry about it and New Vegas is a great game without mods.

You fucking losers with your mods, you think it's the only way to enjoy a game and that anyone who doesn't enjoy them equally is just butthurt because they can't "GIT GUD". You are despicable man. Praise Mods! Praise Todd! is that how it goes?
1) Nobody told you to stop playing on the 360 and start modding on PC instead.
2) Yosharian rightfully corrected your objectively wrong statement.
3) I don't know the last time you play FNV, but its modding scene has come a long way. Lot's of really enjoyable and immersive quest/encounter/content mods out there.

And I personally don't care on which platform you play FNV, because, unless Fallout 3 or 4, it doesn't need any modding to be enjoyable.

Drakortha

Liturgist
1) Nobody told you to stop playing on the 360 and start modding on PC instead.
2) Yosharian rightfully corrected your objectively wrong statement.
3) I don't know the last time you play FNV, but its modding scene has come a long way. Lot's of really enjoyable and immersive quest/encounter/content mods out there.

And I personally don't care on which platform you play FNV, because, unless Fallout 3 or 4, it doesn't need any modding to be enjoyable.

1) Yet you keep replying to me pretending you know more than me about mods and acting like I need to get taught by you. I never asked for your help.
2) Rightfully corrected me about what? Am I objectively wrong to play without these amazing mods?
3) There you go again shilling mods. I don't care how far mods have come I don't care, man. Fuck off.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom