Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: New Vegas 10 Year Anniversary

Late Bloomer

Scholar
And considering that Bethesda and Obsidian are under the same Microsoft now there is a real chance for a 2nd Obsidian Fallout game in the future :).

Does that mean you like current Obsidian?

:balance:

FFTW

Educated
Not sure what you mean by "Current Obsidian". I have enjoyed pretty much everything I played from them despite the bugs, but I don't exactly follow them closely. I am looking forward to Avowed though (and hoping for remasters of their old classics. KOTOR 2 got the remaster treatment, with the missing content as DLC even. Hopefully Alpha Protocol and Neverwinter Nights 2 will be next).

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
brb reducing Ghost people level to 15

Yaksha

Novice
Best 3D Fallout game ever. Truly fantastic. And considering that Bethesda and Obsidian are under the same Microsoft now there is a real chance for a 2nd Obsidian Fallout game in the future :).
I was looking forward to this , but after finishing poe and trying to play outer worlds on two separate occasions, not so much.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Someone actually did testing to find out how sneak actually works. Spoiler: Its as poorly coded as anything else on the engine.

I was actually surprised to learn how many factors Bethesda thought to account for. I'm convinced now that the only real problem with sneaking in these games is poor feedback. Give me a light gem and I'll play this like Thief.

FFTW

Educated
Best 3D Fallout game ever. Truly fantastic. And considering that Bethesda and Obsidian are under the same Microsoft now there is a real chance for a 2nd Obsidian Fallout game in the future :).
I was looking forward to this , but after finishing poe and trying to play outer worlds on two separate occasions, not so much.
POE 1 was just ok (haven't played POE 2 yet), but I LOVED outer Worlds. I had tons and tons of fun with it. And considering that outer worlds is way closer to Fallout than POE, and that they now have Microsoft's wallet to spend from (within reason of course, but still), I am pretty optimistic about their future games, including Avowed and a potential FO:NV 2 :).

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
ANY NeoFallout from Obsidian would turn out better than something developed by Bethesda Game Studios.

There's no hope for a 1st person Van Buren, we have to accept the tough reality.

Obsidian may not release the most polished product, but they're miles ahead of Bethesda, in writting quality, vital for this genre.

:shitandpiss:

Bethesda is willing to go to great lengths to milk this franchise, they even added a battle royale mode – Nuclear Winter – in 76, to attract Fortnite fans. They don't mind throwing the franchise in vats and turning it into an abomination, as long as it's profitable, they've made that clear.

I fear for what they'll do in the TV series!

tentanz

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Someone actually did testing to find out how sneak actually works. Spoiler: Its as poorly coded as anything else on the engine.

I was actually surprised to learn how many factors Bethesda thought to account for. I'm convinced now that the only real problem with sneaking in these games is poor feedback. Give me a light gem and I'll play this like Thief.

How about throwing in good level design and lighting?

ANY NeoFallout from Obsidian would turn out better than something developed by Bethesda Game Studios.
outer worlds is significantly worse than both fo3 and fo4
dunno why fags pretend to hate bethesda when everyone here plays their games

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Since when Outer Worlds was part of Fallout universe?

If it was named Fallout: Space instead of Outer Worlds I'd get what you mean, but it's a different game buddy.

I haven't lost my faith on Obsidian, they didn't give me enough reason for that.

Codex Year of the Donut
Since when Outer Worlds was part of Fallout universe?

If it was name Fallout: Space instead of Outer Worlds I'd get what you mean, but it's a different game buddy.

I haven't lost my faith on Obsidian, they didn't give me enough reason for that.
snapshot.jpg

snapshot2.jpg

yeah, couldn't imagine what they meant by including this

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
New Vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitout 3 > Shitout 4.

Bethesda "Fallouts" are pathetic attempts of continuing the franchise.

Edit: And you're blaming whoever they hired to create ads for the game, not the people who coded the game.

Last edited:

FFTW

Educated

There's no hope for a 1st person Van Buren, we have to accept the tough reality.

Obsidian may not release the most polished product, but they're miles ahead of Bethesda, in writting quality, vital for this genre.

Bethesda is willing to go to great lengths to milk this franchise, they even added a battle royale mode – Nuclear Winter – in 76, to attract Fortnite fans. They don't mind throwing the franchise in vats and turning it into an abomination, as long as it's profitable, they've made that clear.

Fully agree with that. And hopefully now that they have Microsoft's funding their products will be more polished and bug tested than before.

Yaksha

Novice

There is no doubt that bethesda has milked the fallout cow to the extent that now it is nothing but a walking corpse, but that doesn't make obsidian games any better in my eyes.
In my humble opinion, i feel that their newest games are soulless, even fallout 4 for how repetitive it was, had some interesting ideas and high notes.
Far harbor was quite enjoyable, companions were decent and the survival mode was easily the highlight of the game, this things don't redeem the game , but they make it memorable at least.
Now when i compare that to outer worlds, nothing really stands out and i feel that i had wasted my time.

Codex Year of the Donut
how come you can make a character that would be a terrible courier if the player character has supposedly been a courier for a significant amount of time?
:hmmm:

turkishronin

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
how come you can make a character that would be a terrible courier if the player character has supposedly been a courier for a significant amount of time?
:hmmm:

Lots of people are bad at their jobs.
Don't you think a courier who was bad at his job would have long been killed in the setting?
you can fail upwards even when civilization is destroyed
So you're saying the courier should be required to have high luck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom