Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Infos surfaced

Monolith

Prophet
Fucking bastard, couldn't read past half of the second column. Fallout 3 was in the hands of fans. And Obsidian are the creators of the Fallout series. Yeah, right.

A Wild Penis

Novice
What??? Gaming journalism is wrong??? A developer doesn't say something mean about their publisher??? All new to me.

A Wild Penis

Novice
A Wild Penis said:
obDv9.jpg

Pw3fs.jpg

5cWxv.jpg

Enjoy massive non-thumbnailed images you fucking faggots

Better quote this shit for page 2

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
cool they're reusing orc mutants

Bitcher

Educated
Dicksmoker said:
Come on guys. Should be obvious it's shopped.
Nuh-uh, unless its PC Gamer making a cruel joke on us.
Here are the full scans:
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost. ... stcount=91
"When he runs out of ammo, he swaps to a grenade machinegun. It does exactly what it should: fires a steady stream of granades".
Cant fucking wait for this game. I dont think even modders could come up with such shit.
"Helios One is both: a refractor mirror that could power the strip, and a giant frickin laser"
GOTY material.
"The NCR want the weapons and secrets of Helios. To get it, they've hired an idiot. He's called Fantastic, and he got the job because he's a screw-up."
And the award-winning plot and characters.

But seriously:

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Micmu

Magister
Why are you guys so surprised and think this is a joke? :roll:
Obviously it's retarded beyond belief. They must stick to the same formula as "FO" 3 to not alienate the audience.

For fucks sake they put samurai and sectoids in it there are NO limits anymore :lol:

It's weird...there are large chunks of that preview that give me hope (and certainly sound more like what I wanted in a third Fallout), but then they have quotes like "I used to live in one of them Vaults before the war".

1. If you lived in a Vault, you're probably not going to talk like someone who was raised outside a Vault, even if it's been a few decades.

2. What war? Are we talking the NCR/CL conflict? Did that spill over near a Vault, and the fighting fragged the place?

Even still, it does sound like there's more options for C&C here. Even the choices you make at the solar power plant sound more ambitious than anything from FO3.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
It's weird...there are large chunks of that preview that give me hope (and certainly sound more like what I wanted in a third Fallout), but then they have quotes like "I used to live in one of them Vaults before the war".

Regarding that quote, I'm guessing the previewer just wrote them from memory, and made a mistake.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
That solar power plant thing sounded like something for an endgame, to be honest. If that's earlier in the game then I'm impressed.

Chaud

Novice
Genma:TheDestroyer said:

Well... Yeah, that. Not this exact quote, though. (See Elhoim's post.)

It has some good ideas - and frankly, I cannot imagine that Obsidian can do a *worse* job than Bethesda in the quests and story of the game. Bugs? Okay, here is a certainty. But no "middle aged guy". I am cautiously optimistic. In other words, I think it will be a weak, but not horrible game. Of course I could be wrong. But, for one thing, I have no doubt that it will be "good for what it is". Whatever that means. This phrase is almost a fking meme now.

Dicksmoker said:
That solar power plant thing sounded like something for an endgame, to be honest. If that's earlier in the game then I'm impressed.

From the way they're talking, it sounds like one of the key issues of the game is deciding which group gets the power, the water, the other resources etc. Hopefully that would result in changes of that factions capabilities somehow, and thus alter how things play out later in the game. Like you gave power to one, secured a consistent water supply for another...so they're relatively even, but then the third faction you've done nothing to help is routinely getting its ass kicked every time you see skirmishes between random NPCs.

Or if you gave all your help to one faction, they're more likely to curb-stomp everyone else.

Edit: Of course, that's probably putting too much thought into it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Bitcher said:
"When he runs out of ammo, he swaps to a grenade machinegun. It does exactly what it should: fires a steady stream of granades".
Cant fucking wait for this game. I dont think even modders could come up with such shit.
Pro-tip: Grenade machine guns have been around for a long time. The Soviet AGS-17 system was developed in the 60's.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Droog White Smile said:
The M4 looks really retarded in the Fallout setting. Haven't they learned their lesson from Fallout 2? Fallout and real life guns don't mix well at all.

Obviously, the same whiney-ass fucktards over at ESF --- the same one's who couldn't understand why everything was chambered for 10mm --- have finally gotten their way.

Dicksmoker said:
Come on guys. Should be obvious it's shopped.

It has to be fake. HAS TO BE!!!!!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Pliskin said:
Droog White Smile said:
The M4 looks really retarded in the Fallout setting. Haven't they learned their lesson from Fallout 2? Fallout and real life guns don't mix well at all.

Obviously, the same whiney-ass fucktards over at ESF --- the same one's who couldn't understand why everything was chambered for 10mm --- have finally gotten their way.
Actually, I kinda liked the way the fictional weapons were the ones you were aiming for, and the real ones just pit-stops on the way.

Monocause

Arcane
The mutant with glasses looks fucking horrible; the other news sound excellent.

I don't really give a damn about verisimilitude anymore, I'd prefer a FO game that shatters the canon to tiny bits but is playable - hence the M4 doesn't bother me.

What gets my hopes up is the mention of the hardcore mode, hope Obsidian won't screw it up.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Droog White Smile said:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morgoth said:

Oh gods, the comments of that one guy with the alien avatar.
Completely fucked up grammar and punctuation, claims to love Fallout and to know about Fallout (says that the mutie with glasses and wig is typical Fallout developer humour) but in the same sentence says that he doesn't know much about the first two games on PC :lol:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Bitcher said:
Here are the full scans:
"Helios One is both: a refractor mirror that could power the strip, and a giant frickin laser"
GOTY material.

You're picking some strange things to be raging about, automatic grenade launchers exists in the real world and that solar power plant sounds like a combination of this and this.

Azael said:
Bitcher said:
Here are the full scans:
GOTY material.

You're picking some strange things to be raging about, automatic grenade launchers exists in the real world and that solar power plant sounds like a combination of this and this.

We got people who don't like real-world guns in the game. So something that sounds like a cheap munchkin mod, and is an actual gun would probably have them frothing in rage.

Gotta bitch about something. Though why that instead of 'Tabitha' I dunno. At least if she were one of the dumbass yellow supermutants, I could understand. But she looks like a green. Or at least their version of one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom