Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Infos surfaced

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Though why that instead of 'Tabitha' I dunno. At least if she were one of the dumbass yellow supermutants, I could understand. But she looks like a green. Or at least their version of one.
She's the leader of the mutants. :evil:

Bitcher

Educated
Azael said:
You're picking some strange things to be raging about, automatic grenade launchers exists
My bad in this case, although a concept of such a wepaon still sounds pretty stupid to me.
and that solar power plant sounds like a combination of this and this.
Well, sorry for my lack of knowledge about theoretical weapons of Nazi Germany (I mean, you' ve gotta know about these things! They're so awesome! :P ), but nonetheless I dont like the thought of a big laser gun in the post-apocalyptic desert, just waiting to pwn shit. I would prefer my Fallout a bit more down-to-earth.
Of course, all these issues are nothing compared to a trannie-mutant.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bitcher said:
newvegas001resized.jpg

Obsidian's Failout 3 will be better!
Golf club special move "groin shot" lololo
Feargus said he learned his mistakes about lulz

Looks like Bethesda and Obsidian are now improving together

It will be funny to watch how Obsidian fanboi will praise Obsidian for the same shit they bashed Bethesda for.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234110

well, at least there's this:

As part of its world-exclusive cover feature, PSM3 played an extensive demo of New Vegas. The mag reported that it was 'apparent that Obsidian are much more comfortable behind the keyboard than the team that made Fallout 3 and, before that, Oblivion. The scripting is wittier, the characters more distinct.'

'twas my greatest complaint of FO3 (there were many, but those monkeys at Bethie...they'll just never get Shakespeare out of those typewriters).

Derper

Prophet
Dear lord, I hope that wig is for an easter egg, only found in the Polish demo...

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Clockwork Knight said:
Jim Cojones said:
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Though why that instead of 'Tabitha' I dunno. At least if she were one of the dumbass yellow supermutants, I could understand. But she looks like a green. Or at least their version of one.
She's the leader of the mutants. :evil:

"Leader" doesn't necessarily mean "smart", or "sane"
Why would nightkins allow themselves to be ruled by a retard?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hate the design of the super sledge (if that's a super sledge in the screenshot), it looks like a big fantasy warhammer. Also the mutants still look like ogres.

Radisshu

Prophet
If something is good for what it is, and is bad, how does that work out?

Eh. Well. I know it'll be better than Fallout 3, but other than that.. That wig-wearing super mutie, I wouldn't have cared that much if she was just a relatively funny minor character (like the gay bdsm mutant in broken hills), but she's the leader?

And it says she's the leader of the nightkin, in that article? Well that's, uh... right

Luzur

Good Sir
Lockkaliber said:
I hate the design of the super sledge (if that's a super sledge in the screenshot), it looks like a big fantasy warhammer. Also the mutants still look like ogres.

you mean like that firehydrant those Giant Mutants had? those that where bigger then a car?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Radisshu said:
Eh. Well. I know it'll be better than Fallout 3, but other than that.. That wig-wearing super mutie, I wouldn't have cared that much if she was just a relatively funny minor character (like the gay bdsm mutant in broken hills), but she's the leader?

And it says she's the leader of the nightkin, in that article? Well that's, uh... right
She's the leader of all the mutants in Black Mountain which includes nightkins.

Big Nose George

Educated
Pete doesnt deserve this. He actually managed to get his face more or less under control in that pic.
You should photoshop Avelone in there.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Pliskin said:
Droog White Smile said:
The M4 looks really retarded in the Fallout setting. Haven't they learned their lesson from Fallout 2? Fallout and real life guns don't mix well at all.

Obviously, the same whiney-ass fucktards over at ESF --- the same one's who couldn't understand why everything was chambered for 10mm --- have finally gotten their way.
Actually, I kinda liked the way the fictional weapons were the ones you were aiming for, and the real ones just pit-stops on the way.

Actually, I was referring more to those who seem incapable of wrapping their head around the alternate time-line of the Fallout universe, and are constantly insisting that it be brought in line with our own.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Melcar said:
How would it look then? I always imagined the gas masks and shit similar to what is on that pic.
It's its shape. It doesn't evoke the "Fallout" feel. It looks so horribly modern and mundane that one initially doesn't notice that the helmet seems to be from Combat Armour.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Moar

As for the gasmask
killzone.jpg

That's why it doesn't fit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom