Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: New Vegas - New California Total Conversion Mod

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Got to say this i player the mod a lot and i finished the NCR part so far the story is not bad.. What i disliked is i usually make characters based on stealth and most of the mod by NCR part still have stat and skills check play too much like a generic shooter. Seriously there were moments where there was endless waves of ennemies i expected a lot more but maybe is my fault that i had too much expectation. For sure Action lovers will love that part but i disliked it because all the micheal bay like action. ((mortars explosions bullets flying everywhere endless ennemies on screen))

Yosharian

Arcane
Got to say this i player the mod a lot and i finished the NCR part so far the story is not bad.. What i disliked is i usually make characters based on stealth and most of the mod by NCR part still have stat and skills check play too much like a generic shooter. Seriously there were moments where there was endless waves of ennemies i expected a lot more but maybe is my fault that i had too much expectation. For sure Action lovers will love that part but i disliked it because all the micheal bay like action. ((mortars explosions bullets flying everywhere endless ennemies on screen))
It just doesn't seem like Fallout to me.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a masterstroke to have the mod play out before both "Fallout 3" and New Vegas. That way you can get both demographics of fans to play your mod as a prequel.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, new problem, maybe someone can help me with it: I'm outside the vault and things are really dark. Far too dark. I tried sleeping until the daytime but that only helped a bit.

I suspect this is the result of all of the mods I have left over from my main game playthrough. Should I just wipe everything and do a clean install (of F:NV and of F:NC)?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Ok, new problem, maybe someone can help me with it: I'm outside the vault and things are really dark. Far too dark. I tried sleeping until the daytime but that only helped a bit.

I suspect this is the result of all of the mods I have left over from my main game playthrough. Should I just wipe everything and do a clean install (of F:NV and of F:NC)?

Post mod list, you dingus.

Efe

Erudite
i tried it with their recommended mods..
its crashing half of the area transitions..
just using this borderless window fix on top of what they posted and vortex says half of them are incompatible...

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
i tried it with their recommended mods..
its crashing half of the area transitions..
just using this borderless window fix on top of what they posted and vortex says half of them are incompatible...

I don't know about Vortex. Use Mod Organizer instead, people keep reporting issues with Vortex I never had with Mod Organizer. And the mod is poorly done overall, people kept reporting stuttering and massive frame drops. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an inherently crash-heavy mod.

Deadass

Savant
finished this, wtf did i just play
the main character is a clone of the vault dweller from FO1 and also the courier from new vegas

Last edited:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron

Post mod list, you dingus.

I did, go back to page 1 of the thread

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh man, I just ran into a couple of bros arguing about balance in their tabletop RPG.

money quote:
"Yeah.. but this is an RPG, dude, not a first person-shooter."

This thing cracks me up.

Efe

Erudite
You cant do it without sparing him. I'll see if i can dug out exact walkthrough
Also anyone else think game expects player to be an int/wis/cha based character because you are forced to wear that + mental stats crown?

Hell March

Educated
I finished this mod the other day and I can honestly say that it has one of the worst stories I have ever seen--period. Worse than most amateur short stories, worse than most games, worse even than most fanfiction.

Without spoilers: The entire plot hinges on the Enclave hunting the player down with everything they have in order to get something that they already fucking have. There are dozens of other major plotholes and huge continuity errors (including that the Shi are fucking japanese instead of chinese for some reason) but this one is especially bad because it means the entire narrative from beginning to end makes absolutely no sense. It is actually worse than Fallout 3, probably even worse than Fallout 4, in terms of plot.

Gameplay-wise, well, picture the Broken Steel DLC from Fallout 3 stretched out to an entire game. I'm not joking when I say that the first five story beats of the game all involve explosions in some way.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I did, go back to page 1 of the thread

If that mod list you posted is true, then the problem should be your mods, but New California itself. There's nothing in that mod list that (reasonably) should cause issues. Of course, you never know with some stupid mods. But you basically have Project Nevada, Fallout Character Overhaul, and a handful of companions. No reason for them to cause issues.

Jinn

Arcane
Welp, this mod sounds like a total piece of shit. Thanks for saving me some time, my codexian brothers.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Played some more and I will give up this thing, crashed 3 times during a scripted setpiece.

Those bone headed modders, wasted 07 years on crap, shit bryo wan't made to run large setpieces and Bethesda Fallouts were always horrible shooters, why waste my time with linear scripted scenes with popamole scripted fights running at 20 fps to show how awesome your shitty looking mod looks? There was a reason why New Vegas was economical on the NPC and object count. Indeed, no reason to waste time with this crap.

There was some stuff I found interesting but the game is too amateurish made.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also the first part of the game involves a conflict between nerds and an evil football coach, which is taken completely 100% seriously like it was written by a twelve year old stuck in his locker

Efe

Erudite
gotto agree with deepocean. tried 3 different runs and all ended up in permanen crash states..
a dream that ended too soon

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
This is going to be a trainwreck, I bet. I doubt any rando mod writer will have enough nuance to make an almost completely unified area interesting. I don't even know what kind of quests could be made of it. Looking at the trailer, it just kind of seems to brush over what California is probably like by now and just shows some Fallout 4-ish vistas and RADIANT(!!!) combat.

Oh well, that's a shame. I was looking forward to some decent Fallout. Hopefully Miami is better.

Welp, this mod sounds like a total piece of shit. Thanks for saving me some time, my codexian brothers.

The true quality of F:NC aside, you have to laugh at the people who openly admit they have not tried it but still take the trouble to chime in that this mod seems, in fact, to be "a total piece of shit"

Yosharian

Arcane
This is going to be a trainwreck, I bet. I doubt any rando mod writer will have enough nuance to make an almost completely unified area interesting. I don't even know what kind of quests could be made of it. Looking at the trailer, it just kind of seems to brush over what California is probably like by now and just shows some Fallout 4-ish vistas and RADIANT(!!!) combat.

Oh well, that's a shame. I was looking forward to some decent Fallout. Hopefully Miami is better.

The true quality of F:NC aside, you have to laugh at the people who openly admit they have not tried it but still take the trouble to chime in that this mod seems, in fact, to be "a total piece of shit"
It's almost like you can take a look at the various Let's Plays that are all over YouTube, and see the negative feedback on the Codex, and put it all together to get a general feel for how good the mod is.

The writing alone looks godawful based on the footage I've seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom