Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Trailer & Release Date

Felix

Arcane
Fallout New Vegas of course, it's nice to see some place survived for one.

Luzur

Good Sir
Felix said:
Fallout New Vegas of course, it's nice to see some place survived for one.

Denver and Pittsburgh kinda survived, or atleast they wasnt nuked directly.

but it will be interesting to see how they will do this game, personally i hope for a BEV like the old games, but i guess it will be FO3 again but in Vegas.

Phelot

Arcane
I'm a bit excited about this though that guy at the end looks like a futuristic German soldier or some shit. I bet NCR is some invading force or something.

Ausir

Arcane
It will be interesting to see how things go in terms of shout-backs to F2 or F3, and how Ausir will react to the canon-aspects.

So far, in the teaser they fixed one of the things that Avellone made a mistake on in the Fallout Bible. :)

Anyway, looks like it might be something akin to the political scheming between NCR/Vault City/New Reno in FO2.

It's about time. NCR was one of the places that certainly had the tech, discipline and resources to start expanding.

Silellak

Cipher
Ausir said:
It will be interesting to see how things go in terms of shout-backs to F2 or F3, and how Ausir will react to the canon-aspects.

So far, in the teaser they fixed one of the things that Avellone made a mistake on in the Fallout Bible. :)

Ooooh, do share.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
random_encounter said:
Seeing Vegas relatively intact also reminds me of the mention in Wasteland's manual of how the city survived a nuclear war. IIRC, the "house" was betting against Soviet missiles landing (when there were Soviets)...and no one wins against the house. Would be a nice homage if they kept that angle.
This. The same for New Reno.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I actually thought it might be another vault city because I think that is a dug out entrance to the centre left that the city seems to be growing out from.

Chaud

Novice
Droog White Smile said:
FO:NV will most likely have better dialogs/story than FO3, but worse everything else.

Is this even feasible? :lol:

DriacKin

Arbiter
Droog White Smile said:
FO:NV will most likely have better dialogs/story than FO3, but worse everything else.

Well, most of Codex's favorite RPGs have good dialog/story/atmosphere and shit everything else.
Codex will love this game for what it is.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DriacKin said:
Droog White Smile said:

Well, most of Codex's favorite RPGs have good dialog/story/atmosphere and shit everything else.
Codex will love this game for what it is.

Well, on one hand, they said they're gonna do a very heavy rebalancing of fo3, and shit.

But on the other hand, Obsidian couldn't balance anything even if their lives depended on it.

Chaud

Novice
Darth Roxor said:
Well, on one hand, they said they're gonna do a very heavy rebalancing of fo3, and shit.

But on the other hand, Obsidian couldn't balance anything even if their lives depended on it.

But isn't that why they hired that Oblivion modder? :evil:

:roll:

Chaud said:
Droog White Smile said:

Is this even feasible? :lol:
I'm not a Fallout zealot, so I was able to enjoy Fallout 3 for what it was. And it was an excellent sandbox game and a huge time sink. The dialogs were mostly mediocre, though, and this was probably the biggest flaw.

Show me a better sandbox game that is not Morrowind and we'll talk.

Chaud

Novice
Droog White Smile said:
I'm not a Fallout zealot, so I was able to enjoy Fallout 3 for what it was. And it was an excellent sandbox game and a huge time sink. The dialogs were mostly mediocre, though, and this was probably the biggest flaw.

Neither am I. I'm just not a fan of sandbox or even FPS games (although I have played some of the latter). So I can't tell if FO3 was goog for what it "was" in that aspect. And even as a FPS, Fallout 3 was kind of mediocre. I still had some fun, tho, after installing some (many) MODs to balance the combat system, loot, whatever. Even then, I woldn't rate it above 6. A huge time sink, that it is indeed.

Mortmal

Arcane
Enthusiastic about a new TPS ? thats weird after complaining so much about ME2why dont you move it to general gaming ? :).
Fallout new vegas will be probably as different from fallout 3 than kotor2 was from kotor1, better plot and writing more adult quests, but same engine. I have not seen mentioned anywhere that it could be van buren resurection, that they were making it turn based or any party control.
Release on PC XBOX and PS3, i dont even need an announcement to know it will be exactly the same gameplay.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Droog White Smile said:
Fallout 3 was an excellent sandbox game

Bullshit!

Droog White Smile said:

Ultimas, GTAs, STALKERs... Oh yeah that's right, pretty much everything else really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom