Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fanstratics: A HoMM 3 Spiritual Successor

Aemar

Arcane
Whats up with the dorky name
gnthsnmtj.png

:lol:

Blake00

Learned
Newsletter 38 is here. This time Greg tells part 2 of the story about making the Heroes 3 Demo map and says that due to his health issues this will be the last of the Heroes Recollection stories for some time so he can focus more on Fanstratics development.

https://www.fanstratics.com/fstnewsletter38

3d1ca7_91f2bf66b2ad4cef8904992f2c32b85b~mv2.png

I've said it before in this thread and was about to say it again "WTH is with so many (normally non-humanoid) creatures being humanoid with a random weapon in their hand?" but Greg actually states here that he's going with anthropomorphic design directive so I guess that explains that. Not a huge fan of it as I just see the below lol.. and I find myself reminded of HoMM5 replacing lots of fantasy creature slots with elf chicks in bikinis and other humanoids sigh.

1696489006018.png

Casual Hero

Augur
There is definitely something about the concept art for this game that I'm not a huge fan of.
It kind of reminds me of the big blocky art from Heroes 5, or Warcraft. There is a place for that, but it isn't my personal cup of tea.

Casual Hero

Augur
There is no proof this game even exists
Right now, it doesn't. It's in the pre-planning stage, and if Greg never gets better then it might never exist.
But as I've said here before, the best case scenario is that we get a successor to Heroes 3 or at least some kind of competent game to enjoy. The worst case scenario is that the game never comes out and we are just left with Greg's recollections and the concept art, which isn't really a bad deal at all.

Blake00

Learned
Newsletter 42 is here. Greg has included part 2 of his E3 story however becuase his newsletters are now quarterly I don't remember sh*t about what was in part 1 lol.

"...we touched down at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at 4 PM (accounting for the three-hour time difference). Taking a taxi from the airport.."
Jesus f*cking christ he's actually giving us his airport departure and arrival times from 25 years ago like he's in court or something lol..

https://www.fanstratics.com/fstnewsletter42

80_Infernal_70_Devil_001.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Should be called Blogstratics or alternatively Blogstatistics

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom