Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fanstratics: A HoMM 3 Spiritual Successor

Blake00

Learned
Newsletter 21 is out...

https://www.fanstratics.com/fstnewsletter21

3d1ca7_4700eaa70b114f218a66c0ee7c739f95~mv2.png

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Releasing concept art is better than releasing game in early access, like Songs of Conquest. Weshould learn from Duke Nukem Forever - game was perfect before release. And Star Citizen is in even better shape and doing financially well - beacause Chris Reynolds understands the Truth - releaseing the game only harms business.

Aemar

Arcane
Looks like old man Greg (Mighty Boosh FTW) has got another long story for us about that time he got pizza in 1979... so long in fact this is just part 1 of the story lol.
''What can you tell us about Fanstratics' most important features?''

''Well, it all started in 1979. It was a dark and stormy night...''

Archibald

Arcane
Most interesting thing there was the fact that supposedly HoMM3 is top seller on GoG. Surprisingly HoMM4 is also doing pretty good, would have expected HoMM5 to be ahead of it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most interesting thing there was the fact that supposedly HoMM3 is top seller on GoG. Surprisingly HoMM4 is also doing pretty good, would have expected HoMM5 to be ahead of it.

you can buy HOMM 5 easily on Steam

the original HOMM 3 (not the shitty HD cashgrab) and HOMM 4 is only in GOG as far digital goes

Casual Hero

Augur
I will say this once again in his defense; from the very beginning, this was posited as a "shooting for the moon" type project.
If you're expecting a game to be delivered in the next few years, prepare to be let down. I'm just enjoying following the development, while focusing on other things.

Aemar

Arcane
https://www.fanstratics.com/fstnewsletter23

Fanstratics Question: Do you have a map of the world? Or at least tell us how it will look approximately.

Months ago, I rendered a first draft ‘map of the world’, but I wasn’t happy with it. How factions relate to one another geographically, is somewhat story sensitive, and the fine details of the overall story have yet to be finalized. When the time is right, I will tackle it again, but I suspect this will not occur until after the crowd funding campaign.
Vapourware status confirmed. It will not even reach prototype stage.

Blake00

Learned

The 'big' finale to the pizza hut story as arrived lol... Man his stories really keep going and going don't they haha.. although he did successfully trigger a lot of nostalgia for me as much like him I remember getting my first 286 computer with no VGA card lol, all the hours I spent tinkering with stuff learning how to edit config sys and autoexec bat to eek out those extra bits of conventional memory some memory hog games like Master of Magic needed lol. Also reminded me of the first time I discovered Might & Magic 3 and then MM4&5 World of Xeen, however by then it was late 90s, so they were less technically amazing but I loved playing them nonetheless.

<cough>Divine Divinity<cough>

It has some inner music at least, alliteration and such. Idiotic, yes, but with some elusive charm. Fan-Stra-Tics is just a Lovecraftian monstrosity.

To be serious, the name is not the main reason I think it will end with silent empty fart.
Everything about this screams that it will be shit if it ever exists, but yeah, the name is just a special kind of retarded.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So... no progress whatsoever for how many months now? Years?

Fuck this shit. Unsubscribed, unwatching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom