Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Fantasy General II by Slitherine Games

Alpharius

Scholar
Idk, maybe you just haven't yet gotten gud enough my dude?
By applying some tactical savescumming i managed to win this mission without any summons
[/spoiler]
I doubt that, optimal play on my part.
How many units were you facing, how much money did you lose?
Also, by tactical savescumming you mean reload a turn? Thats disgusting! Worse than spamming summons.
I lost about as much as i gained i think, was left with 200 gold at the end of the mission, enough to buy trolls.
Doesn't matter though, the next missons have so much loot that i'm now swimming in gold, armor and weapons and have nowhere to spend them, only lack that magical resource now.
Yup. Well yeah, i cannot resist the urge to savescum now and then.

And yet SigitheBack ,melee units are garbage and get melted in a turn.
They buffed the berserkers with "-100% chance to suffer kills" in a patch so now they are very strong. Only troll chargers & armored trolls are superior imo.

Dunno how one would deal with enemy heavy infantry with shields covered by longbowmen\armored slingers whithout the melee units.

Last edited:

Alpharius

Scholar
Just got totally rekt on the Krell's tower map. Fuck the swamp dragons. :argh:
ePVQGsC.jpg

Btw also noticed that if you are not at supply limit, the netural units will some times join you when exploring camps, ruins etc. Got some bowmen and peltasts that way, cant upgrade them though, so not really worth it i guess, unless you're low on money.

Also wanted to try and play some MP, seeing as there should be at least some players this close after release, but there were 0 games hosted. :negative:
Created one, so any codexian brother is welcome to join and get his ass handed to him. :bounce:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
How do you fix the music from being retarded in Fantasy General 1 (gog)?

its fucking fucked

the tracks shuffle every couple seconds, the only one I can hear start to finish is the Christmas hymn, which is godlike, but annoying after repeated playing

rating_mca.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

its fucking fucked

the tracks shuffle every couple seconds, the only one I can hear start to finish is the Christmas hymn, which is godlike, but annoying after repeated playing
Music files it plays are fucked. They're in game's data/MUSIC/ folder. They start few seconds too late and then include few seconds of the next track.
There's working ones in the soundtrack in GOG extras, but you need to (probably) convert them from mp3 to ogg and rename them. ('Fantasy General OST - Track 06.mp3' -> 'Track07.ogg' and so on)

Unwanted

SigitheBack

Unwanted
Managed to keep Frenzy going on main Hero for the whole map of Krells Landing. Game display is bugging out.
yEvGHoH.jpg

Ending screen, 55 dmg to 176 on hammer only, lol
tZt8IVR.jpg

I was kidding when I said that enemy archers heal my heavy axemen with arrows...
But... it actually works xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
MKKUS7G.jpg

This is some kind of bug imo, it did actually heal the troll for 14 hp but its not about armor.

Alpharius

Scholar
What does this item do?
x6MO7NC.png
No idea, i've also found some letters at the gap map(or the next one?) about some dude stealing the chieftain's armor and hiding it somewhere, and there also a letter with a riddle in the sunken lands 2nd map, which i wasn't able to figure out.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

its fucking fucked

Music files it plays are fucked. They're in game's data/MUSIC/ folder. They start few seconds too late and then include few seconds of the next track.
There's working ones in the soundtrack in GOG extras, but you need to (probably) convert them from mp3 to ogg and rename them. ('Fantasy General OST - Track 06.mp3' -> 'Track07.ogg' and so on)

I made my own DOSBOX setup of the game years ago from the original CD (very first PC game I ever bought, btw). Works perfect should anyone need.

Otherwise, I imagine the CUE file for the GOG version was simply set up wrong - would explain the tracks being off. I don't own the GOG version, but I could fix the CUE file for you if you messaged it to me.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Played the first 5-6 missions of this. It's a nothing game. Also I'm at a complete loss as to what points to this being a Fantasy General sequel.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What I mean is that it's so soulless, empty and devoid of any creativity that I cannot even muster any longer comment about it. Also, its price is a complete joke, even on a Slitherine scale.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.slitherine.com/news/fantasy-general-ii-patch-4-is-out-today
Published on December 17, 2019
Patch 4 is releasing today!

The new update introduces a brand new themed map called “The Defense of Castle Christmas”. Christmas is in danger, and only you can save it!

It will be unlocked at midnight, on Thursday, and it will be playable throughout the whole of December, until January 6.

The update also introduces a new game mode, Iron Maiden. With only one savegame available, this is not for the faint of heart!

You can read the full changelog down below. It contains a number of fixes, quality of life and balance improvements, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. As usual, your feedback will be very important to keep making the game even better, so keep it coming.

Last but not least, tomorrow will be a very exciting day for all Fantasy General players, so be sure to check for news.

Patch 4 Changelog:

• Christmas Event - Christmas is in danger! Only you can save it... look for a sign appearing around Christmas time!
  • New Gameplay Mode - Iron Maiden. You only have one savegame and no chance to take things back and losing a map means you lose the game - finish the campaign or die trying!
  • Large Creatures cannot be entangled - Large creatures cannot be entangled by spider webs
  • Lances break charges - All lances and spears now break charge
  • Multiplayer - Fixed various issues with multiplayer desynchronisations
  • Multiplayer - Fixed an issue that caused a multiplayer game to not continue after deployment
  • Menu - New Menu for selecting which campaign you want to play
  • Performance Improved - Improved performance throughout the game
  • UI - Various UI improvements and bug fixes
  • Camera - Camera now moves faster the more you are zoomed out
  • Frenzy Bugfix - Fixed a bug where frenzy status effects would behave weirdly when loading a game (or playing multiplayer)

Fishy

Savant
When even turn-based hex wargames have limited availability seasonal events... I still had the game at the back of my mind for sales, but now they can go f**k themselves.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When even turn-based hex wargames have limited availability seasonal events... I still had the game at the back of my mind for sales, but now they can go f**k themselves.
I am not sure I would feel like missiong out if I couldn't get the christmas event...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Another proof that they understand the source material well, original FG was all about the Christmas spirit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom