Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Favorite cRPG cover art/boxart/promo art

Zariusz

Arbiter
528966-kenshi-windows-front-cover.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Today GOG spammed me yet another mail to sell me something, but this time the cover art caught my eye. The game is Witchaven, a FPS from 1995 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchaven.

SakCBx9.jpg

At first I thought the artist could be Frazetta, thinking the character was Death Dealer. But achtually the painter is named Ken Kelly. Wait a minute, I know this name. So I check on Wikipedia and, yes the Ken Kelly that did the cover art for the amazing Rising album from Rainbow! I highly recommend to listen to it, and the first Rainbow album aswell. Both top tier albums. Rising has the amazing Stargazer, a song that I listened countless times yet it still gives me the chill everytime. The Temple Of The King on the first album is also one of my favorite songs. Truely evocative songs, powerful, flawless. Master musicians and Ronnie James Dio at his best.
Ken Kelly also did two covers for Kiss, Destroyer and Love Gun. And a lot of Manowar covers that are rather nice (but I don't like Manowar, expect a few songs).

Y0I3p4x.jpg

And his Wikipedia page says he died just a month ago... on June 3rd :negative:
Rainbow's music is so dear to me, it made me sad to learn of his passing.
RIP Ken Kelly
Hmmmm.....
Metal Archives - Rainbow
Rainbow - Discography

Many rockbands I never hear about. But when I do.... I investigate.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
My fucking disc didn't work. So that's pretty much the face I made too as I yelled at the computer.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
My fucking disc didn't work. So that's pretty much the face I made too as I yelled at the computer.
Hey Keighn, in my post about the Dragon Wars cover I mentioned my Boston Terrier, well this past weekend I stalked your profile posts for almost an hour desperately trying to find a post you made that I'd seen a few days prior and was dying laughing at but couldn't for the life of me recall what thread it was in. Then I finally found it; I wanted to show my daughter and was determined to find it but it took forever. It was in the thread for Grim Dawn lol, this one:

This kept staring though
O5Yq2bQ.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Deus Ex's really is awesome. It perfectly sets the tone for the game and the big box is just beautiful. Most prized part of my collection.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah yeah, i screenied it from a video of the guy selling plushies from the game. Sometimes you never know what is hidden in the background.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ah yeah, i screenied it from a video of the guy selling plushies from the game. Sometimes you never know what is hidden in the background.
It looks so much like my dog lol, except her coat is brindle instead of pure black and white. She makes that same face in certain circumstances and we couldn't stop laughing at the similarity.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Classic but its just a boring mugshot.
Nothing in Fallout is more iconic than power armor.
Fallout is a western with a science-fiction veneer, but the cover art has a foreground consisting solely of power armor (or rather a helmet and shoulders) and a background consisting solely of ruined buildings. Unfaithful to the game and poorly composed.

Granted, Fallout 2's cover is worse:
177995-fallout-2-windows-front-cover.jpg

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Fallout is a western with a science-fiction veneer, but the cover art has a foreground consisting solely of power armor (or rather a helmet and shoulders) and a background consisting solely of ruined buildings. Unfaithful to the game and poorly composed.

Granted, Fallout 2's cover is worse:
Nah, the original cover is pretty good, it has a very appropriate retrofuturistic feel, it anticipates and makes exciting the late game power armor, and it has a clear postapocalyptic background, again hinting at big cities and not just small villages like Shady Sands. Its sequel's cover was indeed crap though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lol
Video-Games-Computer-Entertainment-Issue-08-September-1989-page-021.jpg

She pegged that Wonder Twin to death. Silly Zan. They weren't kidding on her being deadly. Climax at the start... DOOMED!

Sillyness aside. Damn! Another title that passed me by. I curse my software stores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom