Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feat suggestions for the colony ship game

Takamori

Learned
Maybe a feat or feat tree that allow you to stack poison and bleed damage on the opponent? But the problem is creating the bleeding condition. Dunno if is in the plans. Or just boost poison damage in general.

Grenadier feats and stuff that allow easy access to grenades like crafting.

Allow ranged weapon specs to later pics ammo types? Dragonbreath rounds, plasma and so on (just examples out of my ass)

Deleted Member 22431

Maybe a feat or feat tree that allow you to stack poison and bleed damage on the opponent? But the problem is creating the bleeding condition. Dunno if is in the plans. Or just boost poison damage in general.
I noticed, for instance, that poison grenades don't stack. But a feat that would allow this would be gamey as fuck.

Noddy

Augur
Pretty sure all fallout feats were in the 3-8 stat range with the vast majority being 5-6. CS runs on 4-10 stat system so 7-8 ish seems similar.
They were level gated in fallout sure but A) that didn't straighjacket your special spread and B) it was mainly for the late game breaking feats like Slayer and Sniper. Nothing else in the game came close to their power. The comparison here is the heroic feats which you can only get one of at start with a super high stat, which is fine.
Other than that the only reason level gating was necessary in FO was you could dump all skill points into a combat skill. I don't think getting Better Critical's at lvl 3 would have done shit if you weren't able to eye shot everything.

Or it would make them more brutal and faster, as it should. You also need an enemy with such feat to have the intended effect.
You're just wrong. Literally just played through with a heavy armour evade blade dude and left the melee guy for last in the last 3 arena fights. All three would have ended with me throwing a smoke, hitting end turn and hoping the ai was dumb enough to try to attack. If the AI wasn't dumb then the optimal strat for both of us is to rub each other's dicks till the smoke runs out. If both our reactions and evade are high enough this goes on forever.
It's not even a bad concept to offer a feat for melee reaction but it just doesn't work like this.

Deleted Member 22431

They were level gated in fallout sure but A) that didn't straighjacket your special spread and B) it was mainly for the late game breaking feats like Slayer and Sniper. Nothing else in the game came close to their power. The comparison here is the heroic feats which you can only get one of at start with a super high stat, which is fine.
Other than that the only reason level gating was necessary in FO was you could dump all skill points into a combat skill. I don't think getting Better Critical's at lvl 3 would have done shit if you weren't able to eye shot everything.

But people don’t choose stats because of feats. They choose stats because of what works for each type of build. The feats are then the obvious choices for each type of build.

You're just wrong. Literally just played through with a heavy armour evade blade dude and left the melee guy for last in the last 3 arena fights. All three would have ended with me throwing a smoke, hitting end turn and hoping the ai was dumb enough to try to attack. If the AI wasn't dumb then the optimal strat for both of us is to rub each other's dicks till the smoke runs out. If both our reactions and evade are high enough this goes on forever. It's not even a bad concept to offer a feat for melee reaction but it just doesn't work like this.

I don’t get it. If the problem is that two melee builds take too long when they are engaged, all the more reason to have more attacks per round. Fewer attacks imply it would take even longer to one finish the other off, not less.

Deleted Member 22431

The juggernaut feat needs some love. +1DR and +3 melee damage is nothing compared to the sacrifices you need to make in DEX, CON and PER. It's not a heroic feat. How about +4DR and +5 melee damage?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Wrestler: Can switch place with an enemy - 2 ap. We have something similar and automatic with followers. This could cause reaction attack if it seems too op.
Quick recovery: Knockdown does not cause ap loss, stagger causes -2 ap and not -4 ap.
Chem reliant: Chems work 3 turns instead of 2, penalties after are twice as big.

I'll add that Charger seemed a bit too good for me - as in the best melee feat. 3 move points instead of 4?

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Just saying, but in case we would actually be helpful (and it might be too late for that) we would need the feats neatly packed into i.e. Excel., or just posted on forum with requirements and effects.
In case the devs would have trouble with it let me know, and I'll try transcribing it in my free time ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom