Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Felicia Day's favorite game is Planescape: Torment

mondblut

Arcane
some stupid chick said:
You could basically go through the game only using dialog and not fighting at all.

I wonder if she, whoever she is, ever heard of that genre called "adventure games". :roll:

Fezzik

Cipher
mondblut said:
some stupid chick said:
You could basically go through the game only using dialog and not fighting at all.

I wonder if she, whoever she is, ever heard of that genre called "adventure games". :roll:
:lol:

yaster

Liturgist
mondblut said:

Never ending crusade!

Adventure games on the other hand have puzzles in them.

This tend to be bigger show stopper than mere fighting, especially when they are badly designed (nearly always) and have some strange twisted logic associated with them known only to developer alone, sometimes only on the specific time he invented that retarded puzzle.

See, rpgs are better suited for gaming books format, and they still can remain pretence of gameplay by providing very easy and scarce combat! You'll have to live with it :smug:

bhlaab

Erudite
Dark Matter said:
Did she call it Planetscape or was that just a stutter?

She almost did but stopped herself before she got to the T

CrimHead

Scholar
mondblut said:
some stupid chick said:

Adventure games don't have skill checks.

CrimHead

Scholar
I heard it as "Plan Escape"

Made me think of this

great_escape_649w.jpg

SolipsisticUrge

Educated
root said:
hey!
let them do what they want
just don't do it around me
idleness and dissipation breed apathy
i sit on my ass all goddamn day
a misanthropic anthropoid
with nothing to say

Why drag Bad Religion into this?

TNO

Augur
Newfag question, but:

What does MCA actually stand for?

KalosKagathos

Learned
TNO said:
Newfag question, but:

What does MCA actually stand for?
Master of Ceremonies Avellone. According to Sawyer, anyway. Can't find the link right now, but that's what he said on Obsidian boards about a year ago.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
CrimHead said:
mondblut said:
some stupid chick said:

Adventure games don't have skill checks.
1092786597-00.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I always thought it stood for Master Chris Avellone or Mister Chris Avellone. I know it's been used around here since before mantiis stopped posting I started lurking.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
While we are still speculating who she is in the Codex, I'm gonna throw Skyways name in. Think about it. It can make sense if you think hard enough.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Fat Dragon said:
Perfect opportunity for MCA to brag for some points, he'll have her in bed before the weekend. :smug:
Right, except he's obviously gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom