Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Felicia Day's favorite game is Planescape: Torment

Zeus

Cipher
Ogg said:
Anyway, I always loved two kinds of threads here on the Codex: threads about homosexuality and threads about Avellone. And it's truely most entertaining when both subjects collide (which happens quite often actually)

Just for the record, this is a thread about Felicia Day's love of Planescape: Torment. Some people are trying to turn it into a thread about homosexuality. :?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Oh gosh, felicia day I know you so well. I remember you from Buffy the Vampire Slayer because I always watched that show as a dumb faggot.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Zeus said:
Ogg said:
Anyway, I always loved two kinds of threads here on the Codex: threads about homosexuality and threads about Avellone. And it's truely most entertaining when both subjects collide (which happens quite often actually)

Just for the record, this is a thread about Felicia Day's love of Planescape: Torment. Some people are trying to turn it into a thread about homosexuality. :?
I don't see what you mean. (whistle)

burrie

Scholar
He responded on his twitter about this...

@Chrisavellone said:
Felicia Day's comments on Planescape Torment gave me +5 morale and made all those long hours worth it.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
MCA mentioned not too long ago that he still lurks the Codex, I hope to god he doesn't spot this embarrassing thread.

1eyedking

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
You forget he's also an expert at women and their trickery
You're envious of my skills. I'm enough of a man to know when one isn't, and to know when a woman is lying.

Get laid guise. Srsly.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Fat Dragon said:
MCA mentioned not too long ago that he still lurks the Codex, I hope to god he doesn't spot this embarrassing thread.
He probably already has. And ran away screaming :smug:

1eyedking said:
I'm enough of a man to know when one isn't, and to know when a woman is lying.
Sorry to deflate your ego, but it's really not that hard.

Fat Dragon said:

I'm surprised certain codexers haven't already posted their phone numbers just in case he does.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The girl is pretty and i enjoyed watching The Guild but the game is ugly and boring.
I played for four or five hours before uninstalling it. Graphics are bad(including animations), dialogues seemed nice but the font size was too small and i couldn't read.
Also this game is too quiet there are almost no sounds in the city where you start the game.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Xor said:
MCA is almost too nice.

Yes, makes one wonder what is he hiding underneath that "nice guy" facade... What's that, in his free time he's writing a Torment sequel with a dialogue whe- :backstab:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I had never even heard of her until I came upon this animated thread. She made me wish that I had refrained from opening it. Might sound a bit harsh, I realise, but beyond her exterior lurks good reasons for righteous animosity.

For starters, she claimed that the Nameless One is inherently evil, but we all know that he starts off as neutral, and that he can easily be guided towards any alignment. Methinks she just judged the fellow by his appearance and the rather grim settings he happened to wake up in.

Further, she claimed that combat can easily be avoided. Dialogue is indeed the main focus of the game, but there are several bosses that one must fight, and plenty of creatures to kill in-between. Planescape: Torment may not have as many hostile encounters as games plagued by filler combat (i.e. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn), but it certainly has enough to keep people occupied. As for those who are so completely warped by grinding-culture or digital bloodlust that the amount of default combat seems insufficient, well, they can always make good use of the lovely force-attack button and pick their own enemies.

Twice wrong, therefore, this girl is nothing but an ignorant posturer and a malicious maker of lies. As far as attractiveness goes, I imagine that she might be somewhat appealing if she had the sense to refrain from speaking. It would create an illusion of her being almost human. As it is, I would be reluctant to defile her even with a really long poking-stick crafted solely for impersonal interaction with contagious specimens, and that from the very safest of distances. Final verdict: 0/10.

Baddygoal

Educated
Felicia_Day_Dragon_Age_Redemption.jpg

Kalin said:
For starters, she claimed that the Nameless One is inherently evil
She did not.

Further, she claimed that combat can easily be avoided. Dialogue is indeed the main focus of the game, but there are several bosses that one must fight, and plenty of creatures to kill in-between. Planescape: Torment may not have as many hostile encounters as games plagued by filler combat (i.e. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn), but it certainly has enough to keep people occupied. As for those who are so completely warped by grinding-culture or digital bloodlust that the amount of default combat seems insufficient, well, they can always make good use of the lovely force-attack button and pick their own enemies.
Most of the situations which would've been used as set pieces for big combat encounters in other games can be resolved without combat in Torment.

Final verdict: Joined: 29 Sep 2010

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
Futile Rhetoric said:
Kalin said:
For starters, she claimed that the Nameless One is inherently evil
She did not.

Most of the situations which would've been used as set pieces for big combat encounters in other games can be resolved without combat in Torment.

Final verdict: Joined: 29 Sep 2010

You'll have to try harder. You're not going to get any pussy with such low level white knighting. Throw in a few more insults, praise Felicia, pull some 'facts' out of your ass and who knows, maybe she'll come knocking at your door.

Deleted member 7219

"You could basically go through the game only using dialog and not fighting at all."

That is a filthy lie. The last third of the game (i.e. everything after you leave Sigil) is pure combat.

Fat Dragon said:

With the level of stupid faggotry people do when his name is mentioned it's no suprising he wouldn't be posting here openly.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Matt7895 said:
"You could basically go through the game only using dialog and not fighting at all."
That is a filthy lie. The last third of the game (i.e. everything after you leave Sigil) is pure combat.
Combat that you can easily avoid. Mechanics of avoiding it suck but it doesn't change the fact that you don't have to engage in combat. In the whole game you absolutely must fight one zombie, Ravel and Trias. That's all.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Jim Cojones said:
Matt7895 said:
Combat that you can easily avoid. Mechanics of avoiding it suck but it doesn't change the fact that you don't have to engage in combat. In the whole game you absolutely must fight one zombie, Ravel and Trias. That's all.

That is very much besides the point. In fact, I think it is completely irrelevant given the context. In Baldur's Gate, all you have to do is cast invisibility on your party members, and then you can basically walk through any encounter with ease. In Fallout and its sequels, it is almost easier to run past enemies than in Planescape: Torment, and it is quite possible to reach the end credits within 10-20 minutes. None of that means that the games are lacking in terms of combat, or that they are all about dialogue. All I can surmise is that they are easily exploited and rushed through by experienced players.

Like Matt7895 says, there is a lot of combat during the final phase, and prior to that there are also several hostile encounters involving creatures such as thugs, shadows, villagers, cranium rats, wererats, vargouilles, ghouls and zombies. Aside from those, chances are that a reasonably new player will find him or herself in several other fights as well, primarily as a result of dialogue choices and quests. The combat is there alright, and most of the time, it makes precious little sense to shy away from it, or indeed, take advantage of the silly fact that one does not need to gather one's party in order to venture forth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom