Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FF7 Enhanced Edition coming to Steam?

aris

Arcane
I wonder if this is played through a MIDI-synthesizer, really sounds like a real orchestra to me

Anyone have any other incline FF themes/music? There must be quite a lot, because, well, Nobuo Uematsu.

Bahamut

Arcane

My ol time favorite :M , but say what you want but jRPG music was always been nice, comparing to orchestral shit we got now

laclongquan

Arcane
Sounds like you PM'd Wyrmlord to learn about MIDI

At least use Wikipedia when you want to spill some bullshit
That's the fourth or fifth time you have mentioned my name in a totally irrelevant context.

What the hell is going on? What's with all the random references to me in threads where I haven't even posted?
Congratulation Wyrmlord. You've replaced skyway as the new summonable demon-of-choice in Codex pentagram.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How did you know they talked about you, when you didn't post in this thread?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
How did you know they talked about you, when you didn't post in this thread?
Well, I only decided to check what this long thread was about, and I find a reference to me.

Should I make this habit, however? Use search to see if anyone has mentioned my name, pop up in thread, and demand answers on why there was a reference to me?

aris

Arcane
Should I make this habit, however? Use search to see if anyone has mentioned my name, pop up in thread, and demand answers on why there was a reference to me?
That sounds like an excellent way to spend your freetime.

aris

Arcane
What are your responsibilities when the internship starts?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
This thread is about the distinguished masterpiece that is Final Fantasy 7, a game I have never played. It is not about me.

I shall take my leave now.

9114.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
gaudaost: instead of bubbling around let's get the facts right: MIDI is the music sheet in fileform and its quality is defined by the quality of the soundbank. Of course It will never sound as good as a recording of a studio session, but did you even hear MIDI files replayed by professional equipment with kickass soundbanks? And btw, the FF7 soundtrack played by an AWE64 sounded quite good.

PS: ninja'ed :(
:salute:

I'll just post this:

Themadcow

Augur
A bit more up-temo. The Suikoden II Neclord battle...

[/quote]

Still gets my heart pumping.

Sul

Savant
even when Japanese voice acting is superior
I'm not so sure of that. With the exception of Vaan and Penelo, for reasons we already know, the English voice acting is nothing short of superb, I think.

circ

Arcane
even when Japanese voice acting is superior
I'm not so sure of that. With the exception of Vaan and Penelo, for reasons we already know, the English voice acting is nothing short of superb, I think.
I don't know who's who as I don't into modern consoles, but the guys who escaped in the end are seasoned pros. Also, Vaan is the little kid? Why is a 12 year old a protagonist?
Well, not like I really care. I'd play that shit just to see the bunnywoman's ass.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
the modded PC version right now so maybe I'll do a remake just for shits and giggles.
Or I could just play the PS1 version again. I have this idea in my head right now, that the only game I'm ever meant to lp is FF7. Fuck, I'll set up a photobucket account and start cropping avatars for Colin Farrell and Kiefer Sutherland like right the fuck away. See you all in a bit. Man, the second time's just gonna fucking fly by after that horrible first time. Oh shit, I just realized my let's play career is exactly when I lost my virginity and then I had sex for the second time and it was just so much easier. Man, I hope that's true for lps, man. Man. HELLO PHOTOBUCKET. Oh shit spoony's been holding some chick hostage in his basement. Man, I knew all that Ultima garbage would fuck him up. HELLO.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Here's new news right from Wada (CEO of Squeenix) why they wont make a FF7 remake. Now he is saying that they don't want to remake it because it would be admitting that they can't make a better Final Fantasy. This is, of course, disregarding the millions of ports and other remakes of past Final Fantasies that aren't FF7.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Here's new news right from Wada (CEO of Squeenix) why they wont make a FF7 remake. Now he is saying that they don't want to remake it because it would be admitting that they can't make a better Final Fantasy. This is, of course, disregarding the millions of ports and other remakes of past Final Fantasies that aren't FF7.
I wonder what the real reason behind this is. They keep making up dumb excuses as to why they don't want to do it. I think I've seen screenshots where they've remade some of the FFs on GBA or handhelds with cartoony graphics too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom