Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Fight Life: Vanguard - Turn-based tactical game in dark fantasy settings

vshcherba

Two Cakes Studio
Developer

Title: Fight Life: Vanguard
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2927700/Fight_Life_Vanguard/
Trailer: https://youtu.be/0ooxNgyfiIg

Description:
Embark on a journey alongside once mighty and generous, now the forgotten god, whose energy slowly dissipates from the world. Betrayed by his human apprentice who decided to become a new divine by sacrificing his master, the Divine Spirit initially distrusts humanity until witnessing their bravery in defending against darkness. Before going to the void God is ready to make his last call to save humankind.

Lead a squad of brave adventurers through a war-torn world besieged by darkness. Engage in meticulously crafted turn-based battles spanning four captivating chapters, where green recruits evolve into seasoned warriors.

Challenge your strategic prowess as you navigate through tactical encounters, devising maneuvers, launching assaults, and striving to tip the scales of the conflict in your favor. Witness the transformation of your ragtag group into legendary heroes, forged from humble beginnings into mythical champions.

Invest in the growth of your team, meticulously nurturing their skills and resilience to endure the harrowing trials ahead. Every decision counts as you strive to carve a path of hope amidst a bleak and seemingly insurmountable crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reinhardt

Arcane
nice. finally we can fight over that cabbage patch from bb promos. looks better than wartales too.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Doesn't look bad, will cautiously wishlist.

Only the name seems... off to me? Like not really something a native speaker would say. IMO "Fight" isn't something you'd put in a noun chain as the first word typically. It's also a verb more often than it is a noun. "Fight life? Why do you want to fight life?".
I'd think something like "Combat Life" would sound more natural to me - it's a verb, too (fucking English, man), but more commonly a noun.
But even so, it might be the "life" part that sticks out more. Generally, games with a "life" in it evoke more of a survival or generational (as in, playing whole lifetimes of a/multiple characters) theme.

Then again, I'm not a native speaker myself, so maybe this is just me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom