Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Perkel, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    First episode will probably be the initial terrorist run and some random shit in Midgar. Fuck this shit. Speaking of terrorism, you think the Japs will change some stuff due to all the shit going on right now?

^ Top  
  2. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    FFX combat best FF combat

^ Top  
  3. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    This shit will be episodic? As if the decline couldn't be bigger

^ Top  
  4. yes plz Arcane Patron

yes plz
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    i don't even

Action combat? Episodic release? How can they fuck it up this badly. Though I guess on the business side of things this makes sense -- put in the least amount of effort and still rake in millions of dollars off of retards who'll buy it just because it's FF7.

I can't see how map exploration, back tracking, and side questing would work in an episodic game, so yeah, I expect some sort of bullet points 'remake'.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    It will probably be more cinematic and linear. Focus on the story etc etc

^ Top  
  6. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Final Fantasy XIII didn't get received well. Got to retrain those old fags to like the new style of Final Fantasy games.

^ Top  
  7. Nahel Arcane

Nahel
    So screwing up the gameplay was not enough, dlc and episodic format are next...Anyway i have not touched a FF game since XII. X-2 was awful and XII was a online MMO. It is really hard to imagine this company was once one of my favorites. They just had to upgrade the graphics and they would have made a lot of money with people buying full price... But it required too much brainpower...

^ Top  
  8. Adon Arcane

Adon

huehue

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. jimmy_pvish Savant

jimmy_pvish
    This thread need decline tag.

^ Top  
  10. Tical Arcane

Tical
    Haha this company. Can't say it's surprising. So it'll be railroaded with likely no world map or any exploration, just a bunch of greatest hits areas. What brilliant people they have at the helm. When was the last time Squeenix put out a decent game if ever at all? That Romancing Saga remake on PS2? I really can't think of anything else aside from the old FF anniversary releases on PSP.

^ Top  
  11. Avellion Erudite

Avellion
    I already had very little hope after the new character models, action combat and Mr. T looking like ass. But man, this episodic format is taking it to a whole new level.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Avellion Erudite

Avellion
    Edit: They forgot to mention their feeble excuse for going episodic. Because if they didnt they would have to cut stuff out if they didnt.

also, the interview in question,

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fa...nnect2-collaboration-more#UdHACBFKBYUQ5YZB.99

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's amazing how big companies can fuck up their games in a variety of ways.

Up there you can see the purest form of PR bullshit you can ever see:
    Hahahahaha ohwow, it's not like you have huge detailed games like Skyrim, Witcher of Fallout, where they can fit a bigger world into the game than FFVII's world.

^ Top  
  14. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    playing tune to bad game.

We all know why they are doing it.
    Sell 5 episodes of FFVII then 2 episodes of CC add bullshit for another 60$ costumes and other shit.

^ Top  
  15. Tical Arcane

Tical
    Well here I was thinking it would be on the shit level of Crisis Core, but now they've dropped to the next circle of hell known as Dissidia. What crackhead on earth even enjoyed that horrible game? This is seriously what the Japs think fans want more of. There are no words, time to move on.

^ Top  
  16. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Square is dead to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. nil Cipher

nil
    All I want to know is which character will get the Lightning outfit dlc.

^ Top  
  18. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Duh Cloud. Lightning stole his, so it'd be only fair.

^ Top  
  19. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    :D

Since when the fuck do Japanese care about that shit?

They had a sense not to offend religious sensibilities, but that's 15 years gone. Things like terrorism never really bothered them.

Which train scene? The opening one?

That wasn't part of the gameplay at all, it was just a smattering of FMV flashes.

He always was a skinny little shit. That's part of the charm of the Buster Sword, it let's you think it's being almost tongue in cheek as oppose to being serious by having someone like Barret wield it. It approached almost Flash Gordon levels of absurd that you gave it a pass for being so audacious.
    [​IMG]

Given the way this is going I wouldn't bet this was an episode all its own. :D

If the Japanese were as up with the SJW shit as the West was they could really make a killing trying to pass this off as some trail blazing SJ shit from the 90s.

[​IMG]

:retarded:

So they're just shoe horning nostalgia into their new combat model...

Good thing you told all those fucking nerds that screamed at the first announcement.

Yes, yes, just like all of your remakes - oh wait.

How fucking dumb can these people be?

All people wanted was a shot for shot remake with updated graphics at the very least with the expectation of added content, like maybe some things that were cut or a added option dungeon like they did with the FFIII re-release on GBA.

Then cut back on density. The narrative of the story sure didn't need anything more added to the Migrad section to do.

[​IMG]

You know. I didn't even anticipate any of this when the remake was announced, all I knew was it was going to be a huge let down and kept warning people I knew not to get worked up about it. It's so fucking hard not to be a jaded cynic these days and these idiots keep making it harder.

The only good thing to come from this is it's gotten me in the mood to revisit FFII after like 9 years. Might play it and then finally get around to completing the end of FFIX.

^ Top  
  20. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    As if it wasn't Americans that did(and still do, for that matter) the censoring.

^ Top  
  21. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Yeah I know, the thing was that reaction let to the Japanese making assumptions before going forward just to save time in that area of the world, as oppose to the lack of qualms about that game dealing with Hinduism that caused a minor (very minor) stink ages back in India.

^ Top  
  22. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    SE are hacks, through and through. There appears to be no good will towards the player with any of the decisions they are making, and no craft. Cold, hard corporatism.

^ Top  
  23. TigerKnee Prophet

TigerKnee
    Man, do some research.

There was an Evangelion episode that got axed because it was apparently too similar to recent (at the time) terrorist gas attacks during the time.

Metal Gear Solid 2 had to cut parts in the ending involving the Twin Towers being wrecked.

And on a more related to Final Fantasy note - FF6's Celes getting beaten up by soldiers scene was cut from the Japanese GBA release because there was some recent kidnap/torture case going on at that time.

The Japanese are definitely affected by recent news enough to cut shit from their game if they think it will cause negative publicity due to "bad taste"

^ Top  
  24. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    Good for them, bad for us.

None of what you mentioned is anywhere near as pathetic as what NoA and other horrible companies have been doing over the years, though.
    http://www.jjmccullough.com/Nintendo.php

^ Top  
  25. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I'll play it in ten years. When it's completed, and as a collection for 19.99€ or less. Thanks, Square Enix, but your fans have grown up and like to spend their money on more sensible stuff.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.