Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First 16 minutes of Dragon Turd 2

Black

Arcane
Yo uare gay fagot

The Feral Kid

Prophet
I could only stand to watch it until the cutscene where the female characters are having blood splashed all over their face. Seriously, if a massive bukkake had taken place instead of a battle and their faces were covered in cum instead of blood they would look much less vulgar and grotesque.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jaesun said:
and.... your point Metro?

I feel dirty just owning a PS3 controller for PC to play stuff like Meat Boy... I am, however, jealous that you can play Castle Crashers.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Why would you be jealous? With that controller you can have a much better time downloading a Seja Genesis/Mega Drive emulator and the Streets of Rage series and play a proper beat-em-up game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Metro said:
Jaesun said:
and.... your point Metro?

I feel dirty just owning a PS3 controller for PC to play stuff like Meat Boy... I am, however, jealous that you can play Castle Crashers.

I don't play rpg's on either one (except for some of the classic jrpgs for the PS3). Hell I mainly use them for netflix mostly.

I haven't played castle crashers yet. I don't even know what that is?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Castle Crashers = cheap sidescrolling beatemup game with knights that can cast magic. Though it still isn't really fun (just like any other beatemup) unless you have gaming roommates.

poetic codex

Augur
I'm honestly surprised at the poor quality of the voice acting which is cringe inducing at certain points.

I thought that one of the reasons for the so-so graphics/art style was that they spent the money on production value$ which includes professional voice acting. Maybe it's the forced accents, but the VA sounds really bad to my ears.

I also see that they still kept that weird color scheme for the UI, and I thought that was just for the alpha builds.

Combat seems OK, but I'm not too thrilled at the thought of fighting wave after wave of cannon fodder. Hopefully there is better encounter design later on.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The reason for the so/so graphics is consoles. I can only assume the art style is bad because Bioware's artists are either incompetent or lazy.

I think it would be naive to assume the encounter design will be anything different from the first game. There are only 3 classes and the abilities are fairly bland so even if they actually build unique enemies for every encounter (which is unlikely), it'll still feel like the same battle over and over.

Multi-headed Cow

racofer said:
I, for one, am anxiously waiting for March 8th so I can finally torrent this game and have a great time playing it.
For reals? I can understand enjoying Mass Effect, but you're honestly looking forward to not removing DA2 from inventory?

Though I guess from your perspective I'm worse, since I'm planning on buying FNV DLC. :M

racofer

Thread Incliner
Multi-headed Cow said:
Though I guess from your perspective I'm worse, since I'm planning on buying FNV DLC. :M

I've grown past the age of passing judgment on other people for their tastes, although it does kinda make you look like an idiot.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
Of course I will torrent this. How am I supposed to hate it if I don't know the intricate details of suck?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Nael said:
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/catarrowSP_450x350.jpg

YOU CAN FEEL THE IMPACT OF EVERY SHOT!
Hmmm... Technically, the cat is still alive, thus this doesn't qualify as a "dead animcal pic".

DraQ

Arcane
Black said:
Also, fuck you Crispy. You've no right to talk about shitty games since you support them.
This.

You're not paying for games - you can have those for free. You're paying for next games like those you're buying.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate problem.

kris

Arcane
abnaxus said:
thewitcher27bapssnna.jpg

Is witcher 2 set in France?

Oesophagus

Arcane
I think what Bioware really want to do is a sidescroller. Or a God of War clone. They're not much into RPGs, that's for sure

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom