Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Dragon Age screens & art

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
5caebd71f918da439400d2defd3fe13a.jpg

daef289319f796e8fc41cf505fa08276.jpg

d7b08e1a30716a64a737702e7824a840.jpg

http://pix.playground.ru/download/galle ... 015b0e.jpg

http://pix.playground.ru/download/galle ... 1d6bcc.jpg

http://pix.playground.ru/download/galle ... b2a710.jpg

http://pix.playground.ru/download/galle ... 299264.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Concept art doesn't look...bad, but the screenshots are too Oblivion-y.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That's what sells these days.

I like the third screen featuring a young padawan escaping an exploding Death Star.

Raapys

Arcane
Concept art looks great I think. Not sure what to think of the screenshots. I don't think they look so Obliviony though, seems alot darker.

#2 isn't a screenshot, right? The one with the two people fighting.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Those aren't new. I remember seeing them somewhere, a couple months ago.

I agree about their Oblivionesque look, which isn't a compliment. The 3rd screen is particularly atrocious.

The village concept art reminds me a lot of NWN2. I think NWN2 did greens, dirt and wood quite well.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Screens are fine, just make the game a good RPG please please please please!!!

DiverNB

Liturgist
3rd screen does look like Oblivion, but the others arent too bad. Hopefully they've spruced up the art design a little bit so it doesn't look so generic like the 3rd screen. I think the concepts aren't too bad.

What was this game going for again? High or low fantasy? Or somewhere in between? Any insights you can offer Mr. Gaider?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Question is how much is this going to cost me.
In terms of pc upgrades.
They better not go all Assassin's Creed in terms of optimal system requirements and then sneak in that securom drm that is on ME.
For a minute i thought they were screens from the Hellboy 2 video game.

Shoelip

Arbiter
MisterStone said:
Goddammit... supermutants again?

What supermutants? I see a blue horned thingie, a guy that looks like an undead Uruk-Hai from the Peter Jackson movies fighting someone else, and something that looks like an Oblivion screenshot at first glance but on closer inspection is rather more interesting than anything in that game... Besides the rain of flaming dogs.

In any case, there's nothing there that resembles a supermutant.

sabishii

Arbiter
I suppose the screens kinda remind me of Oblivion, but I think the art design is a lot better. The first two screens actually give off a sense of grotesqueness, whereas a demon/zombie in Oblivion would simply be bland and cliche. The third picture, however, eh...

Shoelip

Arbiter
Actually, the zombies in Oblivion were quite grotesque if you looked closely. They all had their genitals literally hacked off, and some of them had their lower jaws missing with the tongue lolling out. It was pretty disturbing the first time I noticed it. Of course the ESRB just ignored all of that and gave it a teen rating until it was revealed that the female characters had nipples under their perma-bras. :roll:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yes, I remember that. Oh the horrors boobs can inflict on teenagers! Leave them with cracked open skulls, popped out eyeballs and mangled limbs for fucks sake, we need to protect our youth.

Btw: I can't remember exactly which country it was, but if I remember correctly there's an European country that allows sexual scenes on movies/games for teenagers since their twelves or fourteens but prohibits hardcore violence until they are at least eighteen years old. This was the possibly the sanest thing I've seen in my life considering such matters. Does anyone know what country was that?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Why is that more sane? What does it accomplish? You can be opposed to something without praising the alternatives, something to keep in mind in situations like this where the competition, so to speak, is not worth praising.

Pop quiz, would Orwell smile on the phrase "is not worth praising" or "is not worthy of praise?"

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's more sane on the whole "value life" idea most countries emphasize so much. Hardcore violence is seem on a daily basis as perfectly normal habits, yet sexual/erotic subjects are threated as the most devilish and filthy actions a human being can produce. It's an inversion of values.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's more sane on the whole "value life" idea most countries emphasize so much.
No, it's not, it just seems that way to superficial thinkers. Video game violence is like real violence and committing video game violence is like committing real violence, except that's not true. You think that if a society thinks violence is bad there should be little violence in games. I can only guess why, maybe you think pretending to do violence is just as morally wrong as doing violence or that there is anything besides a superficial relation between the two.
Hardcore violence is seem on a daily basis as perfectly normal habits
Is seen by who? I think congoid ganglings should be your subject, not computers nerds.
yet sexual/erotic subjects are threated as the most devilish and filthy actions a human being can produce
By who? You're making things up, nobody thinks sexual subjects are the most devilish and filthy actions a human being can produce. Certainly not in the large bloc you are lazily implying.
It's an inversion of values.
What does this mean? If you mean that people have sex on a regular basis (yeah, yeah) in real life but don't commit violence on a regular basis in real life, you are right, but then I don't see your objection.

Sex games would get boring pretty quick, I think. Even I eventually got tired of Wario Ware's pick-the-nose game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom